You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brand Loyalty

Section_31

Amstrad electrical appliances

I only ever wear Pony trainees

Anusol ( I won't put another suppository near my arse)

Tena pants ( I won't foul myself wearing anything else)

I've only ever driven a Lada. Still going strong.

It's just reassuring isn't it sticking with what you know?

• Upvote 2

Vice is the absolute height of hipster bourgeois cuntery.

I like VICE, they do some really interesting documentaries, although their new political presenter Simon Ostrovsky who covered the whole Brexit aftermath is a knob of epic proportions with a terrible taste in leather jackets. They need to bring Gianna Toboni back, sexy Gianna.

I like VICE, they do some really interesting documentaries, although their new political presenter Simon Ostrovsky who covered the whole Brexit aftermath is a knob of epic proportions with a terrible taste in leather jackets. They need to bring Gianna Toboni back, sexy Gianna.

They had a documentary on Iraq which was good, but I find you have to sift through so much utter shite to find the few decent documentaries. Their goal appears to be trying to seem as "quirky" as possible, and I just find it irritating. They met Jose Mujica, and the gimp presenting just kept banging on about weed. Excruciating.

They've interviewed Chris Hedges and Glenn Greenwald in the last 12 months, and on both occasions it seemed like a wasted opportunity.

One of my dearest friends had a John Lewis gift list, many moons ago when he got hitched to a right grasping bastard. 'They'd' even starred their 'favourite items'; shit like televisions and expensive mattresses, oddly enough.

I got them a not marked among their favourite items John Lewis doormat and told him it was exclusively for his use as she obviously already had one.

They're divorced now.

Very good. But is it true?

They were shite then as well. As were all the British and Aussie makes (Gunn & Moore, Gray Nicholls, Kookaburra, etc). The bats from India and Pakistan were half the price and twice as good. I bet they still are as well. Like most other stuff it's a case of diminishing returns. About ten years ago you could buy a bat for £300 but a top of the range CA at £150 was as good as bats got.

A lad i worked with bought half a dozen cricket bats back from Oakistan with him whem he went home. Once he received them through customs they looked like swiss cheese. The fuckers had drilled through everyone of them multiple times looking fir drugs. Said they would pay him a penny either. Dont know if he got money back or not

Cunts

A lad i worked with bought half a dozen cricket bats back from Oakistan with him whem he went home. Once he received them through customs they looked like swiss cheese. The fuckers had drilled through everyone of them multiple times looking fir drugs. Said they would pay him a penny either. Dont know if he got money back or not

Cunts

Where is Oakistan? Are there lots of big tree's there?

• Upvote 1

My girlfriend's sister got married a few years ago and they had a John Lewis present list. Almost everything on it that I checked I could find cheaper elsewhere. I thought the entire point of worker co-operatives was that they eliminated profit from the whole enterprise and could thus be much cheaper? Absolute bobbins.

John Lewis is an 'employee owned business', ie the employees, rather than external shareholders, share the profits from the business

Very good. But is it true?

Gospel. One of my favourite stories is how he once returned home late after a particularly heinous day at work in a job he despised, and upon finding her parents' car parked outside his house just sailed on past and went straight back to the office.

Gospel. One of my favourite stories is how he once returned home late after a particularly heinous day at work in a job he despised, and upon finding her parents' car parked outside his house just sailed on past and went straight back to the office.

A friend of mine did that once after returning home to find her husband's car on the drive when he was supposed to be at work. And they got on very well

Used to be obsessed with Paul Smith clothes until i had kids and couldn't afford it anymore. 

Adidas trabs, strictly no other. 

Apart from that i'm struggling to any brand i am loyal to. I've only ever bought Specialized bikes, i suppose. I'm kind of anti-Apple products, mainly because of their ubiquity and annoying adverts.

Can't say I've ever regard shopping at John Lewis as being middle class.

John Lewis will price match as well, so if you see the same thing elsewhere for less they'll refund the difference.  JL's a good place to buy white goods and electronics, as they'll usually give at least 2 year warranty. 

• Upvote 1