You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

By all accounts Blair changed significantly over time. If you look at some of his early speeches he rejects private sector involvement in schools for example. I always suspected Mandelson did a bit of the 'wormtongue' shit with him.

It's easy to gloss over what New Labour did but they did do a lot of decent stuff, especially with things like the minimum wage and the NHS and the Northern Ireland agreement. I'd take a New Labour government over these parasites any day. 

• Upvote 3

Being better than an especially hateful Tory government isn't a huge measure of success though. Of course they did some good stuff, they were a Labour government. They couldn't have gone full cunt.

I agree, but the sad truth of the matter is the North West is a bit of a left wing echo chamber and not everyone else wants what we want. The south of England may as well be a different country. 

By all accounts Blair changed significantly over time. If you look at some of his early speeches he rejects private sector involvement in schools for example. I always suspected Mandelson did a bit of the 'wormtongue' shit with him.

It's easy to gloss over what New Labour did but they did do a lot of decent stuff, especially with things like the minimum wage and the NHS and the Northern Ireland agreement. I'd take a New Labour government over these parasites any day.

Of course we'd accept a 'New Labour' government over the tories but why should we have to accept so little an upgrade when we need something much more significant.

Has fucked up his tax return, not stated his £37,000 he gets as leader of the official opposition.

Amateurish doesn't even come close.

It appears that the accountants he hired may have made an error. Hammond, however, has simply refused to give his tax return.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/05/jeremy-corbyn-publishes-tax-returns-revealing-total-income-of-114342

It appears that the accountants he hired may have made an error. Hammond, however, has simply refused to give his tax return.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/05/jeremy-corbyn-publishes-tax-returns-revealing-total-income-of-114342

And now the story will be about Corbyn being a hypocrite, clueless and labour being a shambles.

Not Hammond refusing to declare his.

Has fucked up his tax return, not stated his £37,000 he gets as leader of the official opposition.

Amateurish doesn't even come close.

Except he hasn't.

The people attacking him for his supposed incompetence are the ones who failed to read the details of his tax return correctly.

And now the story will be about Corbyn being a hypocrite, clueless and labour being a shambles.

Not Hammond refusing to declare his.

And as I've found out to my own cost, it's also no type of defence. Accounts can put what they want on your return, as it's your return you are still responsible. It's a stupid fuck up in his position.

And as I've found out to my own cost, it's also no type of defence. Accounts can put what they want on your return, as it's your return you are still responsible. It's a stupid fuck up in his position.

Except it isn't a fuck up.

Z0bQ4QQl.jpg

From what I can gather the reply went out last night. Still, indulge your prejudice.

The first response didn't know, weren't they initially waiting for the tax man to tell them monday morning before someone bothered to look at it and release the second?

it shouldn't have even been a discussion. Corbyn should know what's in his tax return and should be able to close that conversation within 1 minute of it coming up.

He did.

Everything that was meant to be there, was there. Some cock from Guido Fawkes chose to lie about it.

Whatever happened to the media checking that, rather than just repeating the lies?

So why did it take so long to get the reply out there and let this story run for 24 hours? It's still a fuck up. It could have been killed in 2 mins.

It took his own people four hours to work out what he'd done, which was (bizarrely) to declare his salary as "pension and state benefit". A day later, and nobody is yet sure why he did this.

It took his own people four hours to work out what he'd done, which was (bizarrely) to declare his salary as "pension and state benefit". A day later, and nobody is yet sure why he did this.

Probably a devious Communist, anti-Semitic plot to allow his terrorist friends to ban the National Anthem.

Or something.