You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you emgrating to?

Karl_b

My mum's family are called Hannah and we can trace our ancestry back to Scottish clan royalty or some shit. The way it was explained to me as a nipper is that if England hadn't taken over the place we'd have been some kind of royalty. That must at least get me a flat in Dundee, no?

My mum's family are called Hannah and we can trace our ancestry back to Scottish clan royalty or some shit. The way it was explained to me as a nipper is that if England hadn't taken over the place we'd have been some kind of royalty. That must at least get me a flat in Dundee, no?

You could probably get the whole street

Guest Pistonbroke

2 years + to see what deals are done as far as ex-pats and length of time lived in their current country go. At the end of the day I can apply for German nationality tomorrow and get it, I'll still hold on a bit like to see how everything pans out, a lot can happen in 2-2 and a half years. 

Anyone thought about Gibraltar?

The Spanish government has called for joint sovereignty over Gibraltar in the wake of the UK's vote to leave the EU.

The British overseas territory of 30,000 voted overwhelmingly for remain, with 95.9% opting to stay in the union.

"The Spanish flag on the Rock is much closer than before," Spain's acting Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo said on Friday.

Gibraltar has been a British territory since 1713 but Spain continues to claim sovereignty over the enclave.

At the entrance to the Mediterranean, Gibraltar relies heavily on its shared EU border with Spain for trade.

In a radio interview, Mr Garcia-Margallo said: "It's a complete change of outlook that opens up new possibilities on Gibraltar not seen for a very long time. 

"I hope the formula of co-sovereignty - to be clear, the Spanish flag on the Rock - is much closer than before."

They didn't hang about. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Anyone thought about Gibraltar?

The Spanish government has called for joint sovereignty over Gibraltar in the wake of the UK's vote to leave the EU.

The British overseas territory of 30,000 voted overwhelmingly for remain, with 95.9% opting to stay in the union.

"The Spanish flag on the Rock is much closer than before," Spain's acting Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo said on Friday.

Gibraltar has been a British territory since 1713 but Spain continues to claim sovereignty over the enclave.

At the entrance to the Mediterranean, Gibraltar relies heavily on its shared EU border with Spain for trade.

In a radio interview, Mr Garcia-Margallo said: "It's a complete change of outlook that opens up new possibilities on Gibraltar not seen for a very long time. 

"I hope the formula of co-sovereignty - to be clear, the Spanish flag on the Rock - is much closer than before."

They didn't hang about. 

Wonder if the powers that be sell it off in some sort of deal to recoup losses if needed. 

I'm going to wear a Cat suit and hope that Neko adopts me. 

I'm not falling for that trick again, sorry.

My wife is American so I've got an easy access route into there. Her family are in Boston, Austin, Seattle, Oregon or Montana so I can take my pick, although it defintley won't be Montana. 

Whether I want to move there after November is another question altogether.

I lived in Montana for a couple of years for school. it was back in the early 90's, but I really liked it there. of course there will be plenty of gun-totting Republican nutjobs, but there is also a lot of Americans who view Montana as the great escape. The landscape is stunningly beautiful as well.....not cheap anymore though.

• Upvote 2

Australia or Canada.

Beaches or mountains. Gonna toss a coin to decide which gets my vote.

Might be a double headed coin though in favour of the beaches.

We have beaches.

Okay, a couple of beaches.

OK, there is a beach on Prince Edward Island.

In Canada you can see the wildlife that is aboot to kill you whereas in AUS you will get bitten by some poisonous snake, spider, wombat, half duck platypus thing. Our beer is cheaper. The water goes down the drain the proper way.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm tempted by Canada. How difficult is it?

My grandfather was Canadian. So... Please tell me I can do it!

I'll be going into the final year of my PhD this Septmber and have been thinking about fucking off once I've finished it for the past couple of weeks after having a hunch at how the vote was going to go.

I'm completely serious when I say this, but if anyone knows of any websites with info of how to emigrate or with job listings, I'd be grateful if they could help a concerned brother out.