You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 France

I'm not even sure that's true. I remember Capello and Sven getting pelters for going out to better sides around the Q/F stage.

Now they more often than not make a right mess of shite groups and there's barely a word said about woy. He's a master at playing down expectations.

Said the same thing for ages. Sven and Capello had England at the level they are at. The finish par,for want of a better word

Said the same thing for ages. Sven and Capello had England at the level they are at. The finish par,for want of a better word

I think both were great managers in their day, but they were coasting in the England role.

I can't quite remember, but was Capello not guilty of shunting a peak-era Gerrard out to the left to accommodate Lampard?

The problem is the FA appoint the wrong managers, not necessarily bad ones.

Sven and Capello were very good, but didn't fit the team. Coaches looking to instil an Italian style of steady intelligent game management are always going to be disappointed with English players, who from a young age have been taught to value athleticism and chasing the ball over patience and positional awareness.

Their answer to this failure was Steve McLaren and Roy Hodgson, who're both shite. They pay the national team coach one of the highest wages in world football, they should be able to identify someone who doesn't fall into the category of ill-suited foreign coach or shit Englishman.

They won't though. I fully expect them to decide Hodgson's failure needs to be rectified with a younger coach rather than a better one, and appoint Gary Neville.

Who would make for a good coach of the English national team, for the current squad? I have a feeling that Simeone or Klopp might suit them.. 

I think being well-organised and having a lot of team spirit can push even very average national sides to great things. Look at Greece in 2004 and Northern Ireland, Albania and Iceland this time around.

England have some decent footballers but never strike me as having much team spirit. There's probably a lot of mutual suspicion among the different cliques. in the right set-up they're capable of  doing better than their likely second round or quarter final exit.

Who would make for a good coach of the English national team, for the current squad? I have a feeling that Simeone or Klopp might suit them..

Rafa Benitez. Suited to tournament football and getting results against superior teams. Knows English football and its players inside out. England would be a step up from Newcastle whereas, arguably, it might not be for Klopp and Simeone.

• Upvote 1

See Bodger getting loads of stick in the press today in advance of England's traditional exit at the hands of of Ladyboy et al next week. "Doesn't know his best team/system yet" seems to be the them, Even that gobshite Shearer jumping on the bandwagon. Jesus these cunts are unbelievable and how they have jobs is a mystery,  It should have been fucking obvious to anyone that after his brief foray into the world of serious football at Liverpool the soft twat was incapable of doing any sort of serious managerial job. A man that could sign Paul Konchesky to play LB at Liverpool football club has no place selecting the national team.

Here's another example of his talent spotting credentials,,

christian-poulsen-with-roy-hodgson-pic-j

Even seeing a photo of that old cunt wearing any of our kit sends me into a rage.

The ultimate blag merchant, how the fucking hell did he ever get to be our manager then the English national team's ?

Fucking baffling, unless he's one of the best covert blackmailers ever.

• Upvote 2