You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Poor decision making and shithouses

Mil-ing Around

We have a bad case of both right through our team.

I was going to make this post anyway, even when we were 2-0 up. I have never seen a bigger bunch of shitters wear the Liverpool shirt in the last 25 years.

Our "captain" is absolute garbage. He is a fake Gerrard. He wants to be the footballer we all have in our heads. Spraying passes, controlling the match but sadly it's all in his head. Fair fucks to the people who clapped him off today when he got subbed. I wouldn't have. His decision making for a top flight footballer is absolutely shocking. 

Henderson continually forces the play when under pressure. He goes for that long diagonal when anybody gets in his face and that is the surest sign of a shithouse on any football pitch at any level. It's a "get it away from me so i don't fuck up pass". Then when we need him to show any balls and actually take leadership he has zero ability or creativity to do so.

Emre Can, although he might be young, constantly makes the wrong decisions with and without the ball. He winds up to go on a driving run like an idiot does on a Friday night heading towards central London....always into traffic. Then he HAS to use his body physique to get him out of trouble. He's 22 and doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. His passing for a central midfielder shows no creativity. He lacks guile and weight of pass. 

Milner is just so average it's not even funny. We have bought him 6-7 years too late and his legs are on the way out. His game is all about gusto, heart and battle but at his age and with his miles on the clock we won't ever see that again. All teams need hard working players but once you actually get the ball you have to be able to do something with it. He typifies the modern day English player, all substance and work rate with no style. 

Morono has 5 brain cells and he uses all of them to run fast. He is the worst decision maker in our team. He shoots from stupid angles and never see's the easy pass. All he had to do was square it to Firmino in the 1st half for a tap in but the daft fucker tried a shot. His defending is shocking, we've all seen it but honestly it's not even semi pro standard. 

Clyne is a good defender, but he's not great on the ball. I can handle that though, we pay him to defend and he's pretty good at it but what chance does he have when Mignolet is a walking disaster and Kolo is about as fast as a broken down car.

Not to mention Sahko, who always makes mistakes in every game and seems to get his body in the wrong place when it really matters. I've watched the replay for Defoe's goal and Sahko doesn't even throw his leg out to try and block the shot. His brain is 2 seconds behind what actually is about to happen and it costs us time and again. 

He's actually the only player who shows any kind of vision and creativity with his passes and it does open the game up for us somtimes but then he also plays passes into players feet when they are always going to get closed down and puts them under pressure. I just can't make up my mind about him to be honest. I want to like him but he fucks up alot. 

Today is the first time in a long time that i didn't cheer Firmino's first goal. I just sat there because i actually didn't care. I have never felt so disconnected from a Liverpool team as i do right now. I'm starting to hate some of them.

I've never seen so many players lack any awareness or ability, as much as the current team we have. They are shithouses who are scared to make the difficult pass for fear of the groans from the crowd or to be blamed later on. They all take the safe option until they realise that they HAVE to try "something" and mostly its just a hopeful ball that really is never on or totally the wrong weight or angle to make anything happen. It drives me mad watching these wankers get paid £1000's every week and show no bottle for it.

Rodgers didn't just leave us with an unbalanced team, he left us with a load of shite with very little football talent or ability.  I'd force all these cunts to work on the main stand on Monday and earn their "wages" a different way. 

Again it boils down to hope that our new manager, Klopp, can actually have an eye for a player and flush out the squad and do it fast. Giving Mignolet a 5 year contract makes me want to cry today though. I just hope it's to keep him as a number 2 or sell him. I'm not even sure if he's better than Bogdan and that makes me want to punch someone. 

With Pep coming in, Wenger proven, Mourinho possibly back and Chelsea likely to go all out for Simeone. Next season will see most of the best managers in the world all pitting themselves against it each other. It's going to be a tougher league to win, for sure. We also have the least spending power. But the league doesn't have the best players and the smaller teams have more money so some of them will improve.

Our only hope is Klopp, thank god we have him. His system/tactics/style are good. We are well shaped and well drilled. We just don't have the players to carry out the instructions. He is going to have to clear out this squad faster than he might have wanted to. I hope he does. He seems like he wants to give them time but i just can't see this bunch of players getting much better over the next 2 years. I hope he changes his mind and goes for a wholesale clear out in the summer. We have the system and strategy but we just don't have the players able to carry it out. They aren't good enough and never will be.

Over to you Jurgen, i hope he has an eye for a player to fit his tactics or the next 2 years are going to be a rough ride. 

• Upvote 8

A new spine next season, and Klopp's work here truly begins. This season is painful, but in the big picture it is showing him what needs to happen. And we might yet see a trophy, or more, if we can get a couple of match winners onto the pitch.

But a new spine for next season is required, then we can fight.

I agree with just about all of that, apart from milner, old he may be, but he puts in a shift, and also try as he might, he has shit around him.

Milner is one of the ones i would keep, and as far as a captain goes, he is more of one than Henderson, you want a player to get in there and try to get the team going, Milner is it.

Of those on the pitch today, only Ibe Milner, clyne, Firmino (who usually goes missing) and to some degree Lallana, and with a bit more on todays showing only, Moreno, actually looked to be trying.

The rest? Sakhoinsideleftfootpass and the fucking joke that is minge olet, which if I remember my french lessons means, utter cunt house, are all surplus.

I only have to assume, that JK has been told he cannot buy anyone until the fans start paying £77 a ticket, because even I can see we need to sell sell sell, and then buy buy buy.

This squad that brendan ok ok ok Fuckwit left us with is shit.

• Upvote 1

The most important thing now is not to be deceived by any decent run we may get on at the end, when things truly don't matter. This, today, and previous shite servings are what we are and what future decisions need to be based on.

Sadly, without SG, JC and a host of other great players the chances of us going on a run are about as good as the chance of minge suddenly becoming a decent goalkeeper

We defo have some shithouses and bad decisions makers, think it's hard to judge sometimes though. I mean look at how amazing Can looked at Southampton, that incredible assist for Sturridge when he actually had some movement and running infront of him for once. He still does dumb stuff so not absolving him but I dont think certain players are helped by the horrible balance of this squad. (Thanks Brendan and the committee)

• Upvote 1

We defo have some shithouses and bad decisions makers, think it's hard to judge sometimes though. I mean look at how amazing Can looked at Southampton, that incredible assist for Sturridge when he actually had some movement and running infront of him for once. He still does dumb stuff so not absolving him but I dont think certain players are helped by the horrible balance of this squad. (Thanks Brendan and the committee)

Sadly, one game does not make a good player, otherwise Firmino would be world class, as oppose to brilliant for 1 maybe 2 games out of 7.

I like him, but he does go missing a hell of a lot.

Firmino still hasn't convinced me yet.  There's just no consistency.  Though I thought he, Milner and Lallana worked really hard today all over the pitch, and I thought Sakho played well, apart from his error that allowed Defoe to turn and shoot.  

Henderson put in another horrible display, and Can and Moreno are reminders of a previous era - Mesozoic, probably. 

Clyne played reasonably well though, as did Toure, and Ibe (who loves a tackle as much as Henderson) made a positive contribution on occasion. 

Mignolet was a fuck up again.  And not just the goal he let in.  His decision making and his distribution are truly awful.  I think the lad obviously spends so much tome, concentration and effort trying to keep his eyes pointing in approximately the same direction that he hasn't got much left for goalkeeping.

All in all, tepid, turgid, terrible. I just hope the kids get a run out on Tuesday because I'm not sure I can muster a shout for a load of players who can't muster a decent performance.

• Upvote 2

Firmino scored one, made a tap in for lallana, had another great effort just wide,nutmegged a player and had plenty of great touches. If people dont recognise that, thats up to them. sakho was generally good but gave defoe the chance to equalise. Henderson didnt have a good game, whether its the effects of his heel (and playing through the pain?) or just bad form I dont know.

Firmino scored one, made a tap in for lallana, had another great effort just wide,nutmegged a player and had plenty of great touches. If people dont recognise that, thats up to them. sakho was generally good but gave defoe the chance to equalise. Henderson didnt have a good game, whether its the effects of his heel (and playing through the pain?) or just bad form I dont know.

People do recognise it, but unless they're stupid they also recognise that he'll play more games where he is completely anonymous and wasteful.  

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Firmino still hasn't convinced me yet.  There's just no consistency.  

Mate, he's not playing in a vacuum here. It's a shock to me when anybody does anything remotely decent with the sack of shits their playing with.

Mate, he's not playing in a vacuum here. It's a shock to me when anybody does anything remotely decent with the sack of shits their playing with.

I know, but I'm talking about individual performances that leave plenty to be desired, regardless of the dross surrounding him.  Lallana gets it in the neck, quite rightly on occasion, but he'd be a million times better if players could spot his endless running and get the ball to him, and make runs beyond him.  This applies to them all.  

What I am referring to is the lack of effort and concentration which betray Firmino quite often.   If this is the start of a run of form, it will be fantastic, but my hands are staying away from the bucket for a while yet. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I know, but I'm talking about individual performances that leave plenty to be desired, regardless of the dross surrounding him.  Lallana gets it in the neck, quite rightly on occasion, but he'd be a million times better if players could spot his endless running and get the ball to him, and make runs beyond him.  This applies to them all.  

What I am referring to is the lack of effort and concentration which betray Firmino quite often.   If this is the start of a run of form, it will be fantastic, but my hands are staying away from the bucket for a while yet. 

I think, considering the environment he is playing in, he's doing just fine. But then, I'm a crazy cat who thinks we actually have a few decent players out there that are getting unjustly hammered, regardless of how much extra work and space they have to cover, and how little options they have to work with. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Firmino still hasn't convinced me yet.  There's just no consistency.  Though I thought he, Milner and Lallana worked really hard today all over the pitch, and I thought Sakho played well, apart from his error that allowed Defoe to turn and shoot.  

Henderson put in another horrible display, and Can and Moreno are reminders of a previous era - Mesozoic, probably. 

Clyne played reasonably well though, as did Toure, and Ibe (who loves a tackle as much as Henderson) made a positive contribution on occasion. 

Mignolet was a fuck up again.  And not just the goal he let in.  His decision making and his distribution are truly awful.  I think the lad obviously spends so much tome, concentration and effort trying to keep his eyes pointing in approximately the same direction that he hasn't got much left for goalkeeping.

All in all, tepid, turgid, terrible. I just hope the kids get a run out on Tuesday because I'm not sure I can muster a shout for a load of players who can't muster a decent performance.

If he had a tattoo of lallana on his arm you'd love him. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Firminho was never going to be a beast of a player who got stuck into tackles, that is just not his game. He is however a very good technical player and will score/set up goals given the chance. Since Coutinho has been injured he has been a lot better as he is finding more space to operate in. Put better players around the lad and he'll become a very good player for us, it is no surprise to see him a tad pissed off when surrounded by fucking crap. I reckon Messi would struggle a bit in this squad full of bottlers. 

BTW, Lalalana isn't a bad player, just a very poor version of the likes of Firminho yet a certain poster praises him even when he has been utter dog shit, strange way to behave. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm going to send a video to FSG and the committee of my 9yo son dribbling around the apple trees in the garden, bound to land him a 10 year contract. 

Course I would. Lallana has been pretty dire in terms of return, but he does put a bit of effort in every game.

True enough. His transfer fee dictates the context people generally see him in, which is fair enough I suppose. I agree that he always puts a shift. Nowhere near enough assists or goals, but he's honest and does his best.