You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) Dec 26 - Skaro's Birthday

s(k)aturation

I've grew up literally loving our players .....

smith, keegan, dalglish, rush, souness, barnes, McMahon, Beardsley, mcmanaman, fowler, owen, torres, suarez, gerrard, carra  etc etc etc

there isn't ONE player in this squad I have any affinity to or feel attached to.  I have no desire to put the name of any of these charlatans on my children's shirts. 

there are no characters, no leaders, no personalities. 

I cant see us singing songs about joe allen, Jordan Henderson, or sakho in 30 years time

smith, keegan, dalglish, rush, souness, barnes, McMahon, Beardsley, mcmanaman, fowler, owen, torres, suarez, gerrard, carra  etc etc etc

there isn't ONE player in this squad I have any affinity to or feel attached to.  I have no desire to put the name of any of these charlatans on my children's shirts. 

I cant see us singing songs about joe allen, Jordan Henderson, or sakho in 30 years time

Maybe, but they won today I thought.

I'm not divided on sakho.  I think he is a terrible player and I shit my pants whenever he has the ball at his feet.  He's like Bambi on ice 

I like his attitude and he is a good painter by all accounts but he's not good enough to play for us.

Have you looked at the League table for the last 25 years?

He is good enough to play for us.  More than good enough.

And "half the price" of some of the shite we've spunked money on in that quarter-century.

I'm as pessimistic as they come, but goodness me mate, we just beat the table toppers, deservedly so, and are the first to keep a clean sheet against them this season. How about keeping it in for a rainy day.

• Upvote 3

what has the league table got to do with it? 

we have never been out of the top half and he's a championship defender. 

He cost £15m  - what centre halves have we spent £30m on then ?

League table has lots to do with it.

Haven't finished on top of it for the last 25 years, and have even missed top 4 quite a bit.

Below that is reasonably shite, particularly this season.

And I think we've bought more than just CBs in the last 25 years, from memory.

If you want a convenient discussion, no probs.

Yes, he's a Championship defender, OK.

don't get me wrong I am happy, enjoyed the game today and a good result albeit should have been by more than 1

I just don't get the sakho love in and we all know this squad of bottlers will ruin all the good work from today when we face sunderland on Wednesday  

I've had too much Christmas spirit ... Merry Christmas to you all

Skaro,

I've had a few too many and don't want an argument because I will probably get my facts wrong but isn't he our second most expensive defender at 15m (ever) ?

We will have to agree to disagree if you think that was value for money .... I don't think he's worth anything like that ....

it's all about opinions - we won today though so lets enjoy it.

Merry Christmas

Skaro,

I've had a few too many and don't want an argument because I will probably get my facts wrong but isn't he our second most expensive defender at 15m (ever) ?

We will have to agree to disagree if you think that was value for money .... I don't think he's worth anything like that ....

Merry Christmas

Lovren 20 m

Glen 18 m?

Sakho 17m?

Sorry to butt in...

Skaro,

Merry Christmas

You're more than entitled to your opinion, Maca.  Pissed or otherwise.

I am nursing the Mecca of all hangovers.

But am getting straight back on the bike at the cricket soon.

• Upvote 1

What we did right today was shut down Mahrez, Kante and Okazaki. That cut any supply Vardy might have had. I wouldn't be surprised to see other teams try to replicate that now. Credit to both the midfield and defence for the hard work put into that.

What we did right today was shut down Mahrez, Kante and Okazaki. That cut any supply Vardy might have had. I wouldn't be surprised to see other teams try to replicate that now. Credit to both the midfield and defence for the hard work put into that.

I thought Kante was boss today. Cracking player.