You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ketosis

I didnt have a huge carb night, but on sunday I had a burger bun and a handful of haribo. But one thing I noticed is that haribo sweets taste at least 492 times as nice on keto. They don't just taste like sugar, there is a rich tapestry if fruity flavours. I was practically squirting my trunks eating them. 

Anyway total for the day was 60g so more than the normal 30, but not exactly a binge.

Carb night tonight, can't fucking wait.

Good man rico.

Is this your first one after the 10 days? Fair play for getting through it. You can start living now, as you can have your nite between the next 4 and 7 days, so it's not half as draconian!

Welcome to the dark side!

I've heard of the advantages of a carb night but when you compare it to not having a carb night, is it really worth it? Has there been enough proof it helps you keep losing weight?

Think it's less about boosting your metabolism and more keeping you sane and motivated if you struggle to do without carbs.

There are physical signs eg. stinky breath/piss, but the best way is to buy the ketostix.

Your carb intake is fairly high even for a low day. Don't think you're ever in ketosis with a carb intake that high. I'm open to correction on that though.

As for your lack of energy, it's because you haven't switched from burning carbs to burning fat. You have to go through "keto flu" before the change, but after that you'd be flying.

This fella, Sami Inkinen, is a world class Iron Man Triathlete type person who rowed for 45 days across to Hawaii. He's a fat adapted athlete, and doesn't eat carbs. I reckon if he can do that without carbs, you'd be able for a day's scaffolding and a game of ball afterwards. No offence like.

http://www.fatchancerow.org/

http://www.runonfatmovie.com/

I know it's still quite high, I was just curious of if there's anyway of actually knowing if your in Ketosis. Its just way too hard to go to work on price for them few days eating less than 30g.

I do however seem to have a lot more energy in work on my low carb days, well I mean I start feeling tired and lethargic earlier in the day when I eat carbs throughout the day. I tend to recarb on a Wednesday and Saturday.

Good man rico.

Is this your first one after the 10 days? Fair play for getting through it. You can start living now, as you can have your nite between the next 4 and 7 days, so it's not half as draconian!

Welcome to the dark side!

Yes mate, first one. As the 9 days have gone on I've become a lot more aware of the carbs and also balanced out my calorie intake. Chippy for tea.

Excellent.

Make sure your carb the shit out of yourself. Give things a good kick.

You might find yourself getting sleepy earlier than normal, and you might find yourself feeling dirty tomorrow morning. But it's all part of the fun!

Crusty bread with pate, then pudding chips and gravy with a couple of slices of bread. Nearly fell asleep on the sofa at 8 and in bed now!

• Upvote 2

Went to see Tame Impala last night and, despite there being about 30 of us, I swerved the ale and just stayed on the water. Even went out to town after it for an hour and resisted the urge to drink; probably ended up having about three litres just whilst I was out! Was only on 600 cals for the day so got myself a Botan's special kebab on the way home (no bread, obviously, just loads of marinated meat and veg on skewers that's cooked on the charcoal grill with salad, chilli and mayo), which is enough of a treat for me - and, even better, it's keto friendly.

Can have my first carb nite tomorrow if I wanted but honestly not even that arsed about it. I'm gonna leave it until I really feel like I want to have a night off, but even though this is just the second week, getting rid of carbs has already made a massive difference to my appetite. I'm not hungry anywhere near as much as I was, say, this time two weeks ago. Feel great off it.

• Upvote 2

Exactly about feeling good, this isn't a diet for me, this is how I want to eat forever now.

Sure, carbs will be eaten on occasion, but sugar really can fucking do one.

I bought a water filter on the weekend and it's made such a difference. The tap water in ours used to have a taste of something weird like chlorine so I'd always have juice in ours and only drank water if it was bottled. Having fresh, ice cold water on tap means I'm not remotely missing sugary drinks. Cut sugar out of my tea and coffee a few years ago and, even though I love fresh fruit juice now and again, or a Lucozade to help cure a hangover, cutting sugar out has been surprisingly easy. The cravings I thought would kick in for carbs and sugar have yet to surface. Gonna try and go the rest of the month without either.

Had bacon and scrambled egg this morning with fuckloads of spinach, tomato, peppers and spring onion, then just had an incredible warm duck salad. Piece of piss, this.

Seriously considering having a double carb nite this weekend.

Obviously there's a certain something on telly tomorrow evening, and following that, there's another something on from Spain. So tomorrow would be a good day to gorge.

But then Sunday is Sunday, and I like to end the weekend on a gorge.

I checked in at 183.6lbs this morning, which is 2.4lbs down on last Sunday's pre-Carb Nite weight. So I'm nearly at my 180lb Everest, so I think I might deserve a double weekend. Then again, I'm so close, it'd be a bollox to fuck it up!

#Quandary.