You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ketosis

It's getting like the moonies in here now. New converts everyday.

The hardest thing I have found with this over time is eating enough fat. Not 50:50 with protein which is quite easy to do but your body will simply covert the protein to glucose hence no Ketosis. You have to go for it and measure it.

It's getting like the moonies in here now. New converts everyday.

The hardest thing I have found with this over time is eating enough fat. Not 50:50 with protein which is quite easy to do but your body will simply covert the protein to glucose hence no Ketosis. You have to go for it and measure it.

What's my best option then? Am I going to have to force feed cheese down my throat?

Its up to yourself mate. Fat fills you up rapid. In that sense it is good and keeps you from feeling hungry but eating it without a source of protein is difficult and for me at least, boring. I love cheese but for my tea would have to have in on top of a burger.

Today for me was good. I had two chorizo sausages twice as much fat as protein, bacon hard boiled eggs, with salad and homemade coleslaw which is full of full fat mayo and olive oil.

Hit my fat with virtually one meal. Tonight I've got pork fillet with some brocoli green bean and melted farm cheese.

To be honest I am still full from lunch so could skip dinner, I won't like.

What i struggle with is getting to dinner and you are already up on protein but need to up fats. Usually go for eggs then but still a good dollop of protein in them.

• Upvote 1

Anyone have any thoughts on fasting? I'll do it 2 or 3 times a week now and I feel fucking awesome. I feel a lot better on the days that I fast than the days that I eat.

Which leads me on to the next question. If I'm fasting two or three times a week and the rest of the time only eating between 500-1000 calories per day; am I fucking my body over in the long run?

There's absolutely fuck all chance of me doing this keto diet purely because it seems like too much eating.

I'm no expert, but that doesn't sound good. You'll be losing muscle and fat. I suppose once you're taking in enough fluids you'll not die.

There's nothing wrong with fasting. Have a look at leangains.com and have a read about intermittent fasting. Basically eat your day's food in a 6-8 hour window, and fast the rest of the time.

There's too much eating in Keto if you eat the wrong stuff. Eating high fat, low carb foods will get you to your daily calorie allowance fairly rapid.

Mean to say fasting ^^^^ first word there.

Trouble with eating 500-1000 cals per day long term is as soon as you shed the weight which you will your body which just throw everything into fat storage the minute you up your cals again.

This what happens with these fat women who are constantly on and off diets. The metabolism is fucked.

Oh I'm not doing it to lose weight mate, I'm pretty lean. My weight stays at a pretty steady 11 stone or so, it's just a lifestyle thing. Do you need to eat a certain amount of calories to stop your body developing any malnutrition issues because I eat healthy just not a lot.

I cannot see how you're only eating max 5000 calories a week (two fasting days) and you're not skinny as fuck if you've done this over a length of time.  Eating that low your body will turn to burning your muscle.  Unless you're a midget or some shit.

Even at 1500 calories you'd lose weight depending on height etc.

I don't know, I'm not particular about counting my calories so it could be more sometimes. Plus with beer and soft drinks etc. some days I'll have a takeaway or something. it works for me, I feel absolutely healthy most of the time. Just curious as to what people's thoughts are really.

• Upvote 1

First thought is you're eating a lot more than 500-1000 calories a day especially if you're having a take away or a beer/soft drink here and there. A takeaway/eating out will probably be more than 1000cals on its own depending on what it is.

If you're maintaining you weight and are a decent height as Anny mentioned you're probably on 2000cals +.

• Upvote 1