You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ketosis

Third day in. Feeling pretty good.
Funny that this thread popped up as my wife was bugging me to go Keto with her. She lost a bucket load last time she did it, and I lost a bit just from having no carb meals of an evening with her. Reading everyone's experiences has really helped me get into it though.

My wife is a fitness instructor, and I smash myself pretty often in the gym and do martial arts, so hopefully we'll lose the extra kilos pretty quickly. It's just been good to get me off the crackers and stuff I eat when I'm sitting at my desk all day. A challenge in will power that I seem to be handling pretty well so far. I guess it's easy throughout the week... We'll see how I go tonight when I have to do without my beers.

My main problem seems to be getting the fat portion up. My fat to protein ratio is pretty even. I'm thinking that's ok because I train in the gym, but I just don't feel like eating that much peanut butter haha.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to you all for sharing.
I'll keep you posted.

Big milestone for me his morning....finally cracked through the 190lb barrier!

Had a carb night on Monday, and I'd gone up to 193.4lb after that. But this morning, after being rigid with my eating since, going to the gym once on Tuesday and having a game of ball last night, I checked in at 188lbs exactly!

That's 16lbs lost since I joined the gym 7 weeks ago, and 10lbs in the 19 days since I started keto/carb night.

Really starting to notice the difference in my body shape now. Still a fat fucker like, but getting there. Chuffed I am.

• Upvote 4

Big milestone for me his morning....finally cracked through the 190lb barrier!

Had a carb night on Monday, and I'd gone up to 193.4lb after that. But this morning, after being rigid with my eating since, going to the gym once on Tuesday and having a game of ball last night, I checked in at 188lbs exactly!

That's 16lbs lost since I joined the gym 7 weeks ago, and 10lbs in the 19 days since I started keto/carb night.

Really starting to notice the difference in my body shape now. Still a fat fucker like, but getting there. Chuffed I am.

Yes!

Ive lost over 6 kg in 16 days, about 13lb?

• Upvote 2

I haven't a clue tbh. What I'm doing is...

At around 9.30, I take my concoction of pills. Magnesium, psyllium (sp?) husks, 4 x Omega 3 capsules, ECA stack.

Breakfast of 3 hard boiled eggs and a dollop of mayo at around 10:00.

Avocado around 12:00.

250g fried chicken breast covered in 100g cheese at around 14:00.

120g peanut butter around 17:00.

That's interspersed with Coke Zero.

I then don't eat until the following morning again. Never really hungry. If I feel "hungry", I have a drink and it goes away. I could probably get away without the stack, but what I'm doing at the minute is working, so I'll probably leave well enough alone. Have plenty of energy for gym or ball on any given day.

Went to the gym in a fasted state this morning. Bit of weights and 30 minutes on the WattBike.

Got home, showered, and jumped on the scales. Checked in at 185.2lbs! Just short of 3lbs down since yesterday morning!

Carb Nite tomorrow night. Looking forward to that. Makes today way easier knowing I can pig out tomorrow.

Today is a slog after a few to drink to last night.

Just crave every carb known to man, but have behaved, though eaten a lot. Part of that is an experiment to see how fast I can ramp up my keto. First thing my keto stick showed nil trace, but two hours later it was a good purple pink. May be dehydration though, so piling on the fats and water and will see this evening.

Tesco PB.

Nutrition Nutrition Typical Values 100g contains

Energy 2744kJ (663kcal)

Protein 27.2g

Carbohydrate 5.4g

Sugars 2.3g

Fat 57.8g

Saturates 10.8g

Fibre 6.7g

Salt 0.7g

I posted this a while back, and unless someone can explain it to me, I cann shenanigans on Tesco.

I had my carb nite last Monday, and got back into things on Tuesday. For the first time, I included a daily 120g of the peanut butter above.

From Wednesday, I started showing trace amounts of ketones on the stix, and this continued right up to yesterday morning. I figured there was something amiss, and could only put my finger on the butter. So I fucked that off yesterday, and sure as eggs are eggs, I was purple going to bed last night, and deeper purple again this morning.

Reading the nutritional info, there's nothing there that should be affecting keto negatively.....it has negative nett carbs for fuck sake!

So do ye reckon Tesco are acting the bollox?

Also, I'm due to have my carb nite tonight, but seeing as I haven't been in full keto all along, should I leave it go for another day or two?

Thanks Andy.

Just seems like too much of a coincidence to me. I mean, I was at the gym yesterday morning for an hour, and yet it still registered purple yesterday evening. Whereas I'd done nothing for the couple of days before, while eating the peanut butter, and only showing trace.

Bollox anyway. Looking forward to my chips and curry later!

Training as well mate you should be well on the way. Previously if I was not sure I would run or hit the stationary bike for an hour or so.

I weighed in this morning at 15st 5lb see where I am in a week.

Down to 15 in the first week which wasn't as strict as is could have been. 5lb will be mostly water. Stomach has lost some of it's bloat.

Good solid week ahead for me. Nothing above 30 carbs. Going to try and do some gentle cardio but it is hard when squatting heavy pretty much everyday.

My goal last time was to get as lean as possible. I fucked it up with too much cardio and lost any decent muscle I had. I still looked in decent shape probably like your average heavier f**tba** player. Hate to say it but think Charlie Adam.

Top abs were will in but I packed it in when I was just getting skinnier.

This time cardio is going to be the bare minimum until absolutely necessary.

Compounds and squats every day. Only slight deficit see if I can get to around 10% @ 12 stone plus. Probably won't manage 10% at that weight but I am reasonably lean now everywhere other than my belly and got more muscle than last time.

Slow is how I plan to go. 6 months with little breaks.

Anny, what the fuck are compounds?

Compound lists, basically means weight lifting exercises that use the most muscles. Things like barbel curls and tricep extensions just work one small group of muscles, so you are better off doing bigger lifts, eg barbell rows (back, bicep and more muscles) or bench presses (chest, tricep and more muscles).

Once you have done compound lifts for a body part, you can add isolation work (the curls or extensions).