You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ketosis

Quick one for folk.

Had a carb nite last night, and haven't eaten since then. I'm heading to the gym at lunchtime to do 45 minutes on the Wattbike, and I'm wondering if going there fasted would be the best option?

I'm always wary about getting straight into high fat the day after a carb nite, as I reckon the carbs and fat so close to each other will only result in storage that I don't want. So maybe doing cardio while fasted would be the quickest/best way to deplete the glycogen that got stored last night, and get be back into keto quicker?

Also started eating Avocados. A bit meh if I'm honest, but lovely when they're sprinkled with salt!

I'd go fasted mate get the glycogen down again as fast as possible. one good workout and a bit of fasting and you should be back in keto by the end of the day.

• Upvote 1

200kg deadlift at your weight is good going mate. I had the same goal but you will peobably get the same frustration I did at being only 60lb from 500lb. Took me months to get that extra 60.

I haven't got it yet (PB is 175/180, I can't actually remember now), but I think I might have it in me. I'm not even lean (no visible abs) so there's definitely body weight to play with. If i can shed some fat, replace it with muscle, I might be able to do it.

Training fasted should bring about ketosis faster, or so I've read. Just don't go hard on yourself if you don't set any records.

There'll be no records set.

I'll do my usual sets of curls, dips and bench to try build up the upper body, then jump on the bike for 30 sets of 30secs sprint 1min maintain. Sweat like fuck.

I'd go fasted mate get the glycogen down again as fast as possible. one good workout and a bit of fasting and you should be back in keto by the end of the day.

Good stuff. Fasting is never an issue for me, so I might wait until dinner before having something to eat.

29g of sugar per 100g. Fuck that. Better with a Mars bar.

Where'd you get those figures?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quest-Nutrition-Cookies-Cream-Protein/dp/B00I0DI0Z6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440491202&sr=8-1&keywords=quest+bars

81HzQ0UfahL._SL1500_.jpg

71TIYa2wr0L._SL1352_.jpg

I've heard it's not quite real fibre, but a similar indigestible carb that acts like fibre. Anyway most of the people on keto on bb.com swear by them. One or two claim they bump them out of ketosis. I'm only going to be having one every other day at most as they aren't cheap, so can't see it being too much of an issue but I'll keep an eye on it. They're just a small treat. I got 99% cocoa chocolate, and it tastes like dirt. Was just interested to see if you had any experience with them.

From reading this thread, it's clear my change of diet isn't keto as you're setting it.

I've simply cut out the obvious carbs and am eating more veg, less sugar, so maybe a half way house.

I don't have the time to go to the gym, so I'm just plain and simply looking to lose weight, so I'm happy with not being as strict as you lot.

I do eat bananas and oranges though, as a bit of a snack/filler.

It's less about feeling hungry, and more about wanting something sweet now and again and it helping me to stay clear of chocolate or sweets.

So, taking what I said at the start into account, and assuming I'm not in keto - my piss does smell pretty bad sometimes though - what do you reckon to this approach?

Do you lads deal drugs to afford that much protein?

If I eat 160g in a day, that's not hard to do. Eggs are cheap (11p each), I buy chicken breasts from a local meat wholesaler at £20/5kg. Thats usually around £0.80 per 200g breast (46g of protein each).

It doesn't have to be steak. If you shop and cook smart it can be as cheap as ready meals. I used to make a batch of healthy chicken and veg curry in a huge slow cooker and worked out it cost me less than £1.30 per meal (rice is dirt cheap and veg wasn't too bad either). I just froze a load of them for lunches for work etc.

From reading this thread, it's clear my change of diet isn't keto as you're setting it.

I've simply cut out the obvious carbs and am eating more veg, less sugar, so maybe a half way house.

I don't have the time to go to the gym, so I'm just plain and simply looking to lose weight, so I'm happy with not being as strict as you lot.

I do eat bananas and oranges though, as a bit of a snack/filler.

It's less about feeling hungry, and more about wanting something sweet now and again and it helping me to stay clear of chocolate or sweets.

So, taking what I said at the start into account, and assuming I'm not in keto - my piss does smell pretty bad sometimes though - what do you reckon to this approach?

If you are in a calorie deficit you will loose weight. regardless.

Of course I don't fancy reading it, I'm just bored and ripping on a fad diet with an advocate who seems like an evangelical preacher is keeping me occupied.

So you can troll and spout BS, and take utmost pride in your ignorance, and no one can call you on it or they are an evangelical preacher? Do you perhaps think it's time to grow up, Cardie?

So you can troll and spout BS, and take utmost pride in your ignorance, and no one can call you on it or they are an evangelical preacher? Do you perhaps think it's time to grow up, Cardie?

No I said that Mark Sissons has the air of an evangelical preacher.

No, you said an advocate of the fad diet you're ripping on (ketogenic) sounded like an evangelical preacher. Mark Sissons is an advocate of the paleo diet, not ketogenic.

Given we were talking about this mark character I assumed I wouldn't have to draw a diagram.