You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Five players to be shown the door this summer

tlw content

So if Balotelli, Borini, Aspas and Lambert are all sold, that would leave us with porcelain Sturridge and a completely unproven Origi. Sound?

Might as well hand Sterling a blank cheque in the process as I can't see us coming up with the cash to buy a proven striker.

I'm not convinced Skrtel is guaranteed safety. He has done well the last two seasons but he has had some fucking shockers as well. I'd like Sakho next to someone more dependable. Fuck knows who.

I think Skrtel may take the decision out of our hands. He's one of our best players and, frankly, could be playing for a better team than us.

I'm not convinced Skrtel is guaranteed safety. He has done well the last two seasons but he has had some fucking shockers as well. I'd like Sakho next to someone more dependable. Fuck knows who.

Really?

I can't recall him making too many mistakes this season and seem to remember a few epic performances (Chelsea in CC springs to mind).

He seems to have laid off the pulling and dragging at corners too.

My biggest issue with Skrtel is that he didn't pick a different Manchester United player to stand on.

• Upvote 2

The only ones I'd lose sleep over losing would be Coutinho, Sakho, Ibe, Sterling, Sturridge.  Though if we got obscene offer/s for the latter two I'd sell them.

I wouldn't shed a single tear if Sturridge went simply because he's managed to appear in 18 games out of 52 this season.  We're paying a year's wages for about 10 weeks work.  When he's fit and firing on all cylinders he's a great asset to have but we just can't afford to be doing that; we need the money on the pitch not in the physio room.

Sadly true. Not making him captain was a bit of a piss take as well, I thought.

Yeah, same.

One of our best players, and has been here longer than anyone else bar Lucas (only six months in it). I'd probably have Lucas as vice captain. Experienced, not a complete shithouse, more consistent than most of our players. Although I'd be fine with Sakho.

Captains and vice captains don't have to be great players, although Gerrard and Hyypia obviously were, but they do need to be strong characters. Of which we have very few.

I hate to think that stronger characters have been shown the door partly for that very reason and/or the vestiges of a previous manager/s done away with, but I can't help but think it is true to some extent. 

Yeah, same.

One of our best players, and has been here longer than anyone else bar Lucas (only six months in it). I'd probably have Lucas as vice captain. Experienced, not a complete shithouse, more consistent than most of our players. Although I'd be fine with Sakho.

Captains and vice captains don't have to be great players, although Gerrard and Hyypia obviously were, but they do need to be strong characters. Of which we have very few.

I hate to think that stronger characters have been shown the door partly for that very reason and/or the vestiges of a previous manager/s done away with, but I can't help but think it is true to some extent. 

Do you mean Agger?

It's part of a levelling down process isn't it?

FSG appoints CEO with less experience, the CEO appoints a manager with less experience , the manager retains players with less experience.

Excellence has gone out of the window, comfortable management is in through the door.

• Upvote 1

It's part of a levelling down process isn't it?

FSG appoints CEO with less experience, the CEO appoints a manager with less experience , the manager retains players with less experience.

Excellence has gone out of the window, comfortable management is in through the door.

I guess so. 

Rooting out anyone that would think "Hang on, this is shit".

• Upvote 1

Don't know why anyone would want to get rid of joe Allen. We're already very light in midfield and he's a capable squad player at the least. Can't really be blame for 'never turning a game on his own'

I'd keep hold of Luis Enrique as well, always liked that fella

Seriously? You'd keep hold of Enrique? I'd personally keep hold of him, some may call it restrain, so he can never enter Anfield again. One of the most Useless, brainless, thickest footballers I've ever seen.