You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Five players to be shown the door this summer

tlw content

Selling shite isn't easy if the shite refuses to be flushed, 

Kidding ourselves if we think there will be a mass exodus of all our least favourite players.

Merely shifting that cock Balotelli will be a task in itself. For sale one mentalist , hardly used only £18 m and £100 k pw,. I don't think so 

• Upvote 1

Should be going for 2 x 40M type players or 3 x 30M type players +10M on the top. That's where we fuck ourselves up. Too timid with wages and lacking in balls to make that truly big statement signing and instead just diddling around wasting our cash like some clueless twat at Vegas. 

When was the last time we didn't need a clear out? That's the main reason we're struggling, we've been buying too many shit players since Hodgson took over and it hasn't stopped.

Poulsen, Koncheski, Downing, Adam, Lambert.

If someone told you a squad that once contained players like Sami Hypppa and Xabi Alonso that level of shite you wouldn't have believed them.

Factor in expensive dross like Balotelli and Carroll (50 million!!!) and it's depressing reading indeed.

This is the rub, people haven't got a problem with us getting beaten or outclassed by better funded outfits. What they do have a problem with is watching us do everything we possibly can to help our rivals win.

If a slugger gets into a ring with a superior boxer, gives a good account of himself but looses, who would possibly have a problem with that?

But if he turns up wearing a pair of jeans and oven gloves and gets twatted, you're gonna call him a tit.

• Upvote 5

When was the last time we didn't need a clear out? That's the main reason we're struggling, we've been buying too many shit players since Hodgson took over and it hasn't stopped.

Poulsen, Koncheski, Downing, Adam, Lambert.

If someone told you a squad that once contained players like Sami Hypppa and Xabi Alonso that level of shite you wouldn't have believed them.

Factor in expensive dross like Balotelli and Carroll (50 million!!!) and it's depressing reading indeed.

This is the rub, people haven't got a problem with us getting beaten or outclassed by better funded outfits. What they do have a problem with is watching us do everything we possibly can to help our rivals win.

If a slugger gets into a ring with a superior boxer, gives a good account of himself but looses, who would possibly have a problem with that?

But if he turns up wearing a pair of jeans and oven gloves and gets twatted, you're gonna call him a tit.

Since Hodgson?

It's been happening since Souness mate. Every manager has been buying shite that we've had to move on.

They've had varying degrees of success as well.

• Upvote 1

Since Hodgson?

It's been happening since Souness mate. Every manager has been buying shite that we've had to move on.

They've had varying degrees of success as well.

True, but I've not seen money wasted as consistently on shite as I have the last few years. Houllier and Rafa between them bought some real gems, all that ended abruptly.

True, but I've not seen money wasted as consistently on shite as I have the last few years. Houllier and Rafa between them bought some real gems, all that ended abruptly.

We've still bought some really good players since then mate. Suarez was bought under Hodgson/Dalglish, Rodgers has bought Coutinho & Sturridge.

I think we're broadly in the same boat as we have been since the early 90's. Loads of signings, some gems, some good to decent and a load of shite.

Rinse and repeat.

We need to stop the rot of shite transfer windows though - currently on 4.

Yeah definitely. Consecutively poor windows ends up costing you big as the last 4 managers before Rodgers know full well (and BR may find out himself in the coming weeks...)

Players to be shown the door:

1. Balotelli

2. Lambert

3. Borini

4. Johnson

5. Gerrard ( already gone)

6. Coates

7. Brad Jones

8. Aspas

9. Luis Alberto

10. Samed Yesil

11. Joe Allen

Players who will probably leave but should keep:

1. Sterling

2. Skrtel

3. Toure

4. Lucas

5. Enrique

6. Illori (probably on loan again)

You sell Allen and it's further funds you have to spend on a back up midfielder.

Especially if we're playing 3 of them as standard, it means you ideally need at least 5.

It makes no sense to ditch him or Lucas.

The same goes for all the lists actually, there are players who should go and players you'd like to go but for every player that does leave you need a replacement either from within the club or via signings so ever sale you make stretches the pot of cash that little bit further and moves further away from people preferred option and closer to having to make 6 to 8 signings.

Commolli v Rodgers who has bought worse?.  Or just poo.

Eleven players have joined Liverpool since Damien Comolli took on the role of director of football, taking in the good, the bad and the unseen.

1 Andy Carroll, (22 when he signed on 31 Jan 11): £35m, 49 total appearances, 10 goals

2 Luis Suárez (24 on 31/1/11): £22.7m, 46, 17

3 Jordan Henderson (20 on 9/6/11): £20m, 41, 1

4 Charlie Adam (25 on 8/7/11): £8.5m, 35, 2

5 Stewart Downing (26 on 9/7/11): £20m, 39, 2

6 Doni (31 on 15/7/11): free, 2, 0

7 José Enrique (25 on 12/8/11): £7m, 39, 0

8 Sebastián Coates (20 on 30/8/11): £7m, 10, 1

9 Craig Bellamy (32 on 31/8/11): free, 32, 9

10 Jordan Ibe (16 on 12/12/11): £500k, 0, 0

11 Danny Ward (18 on 30/1/12): £100k, 0, 0

Rodgers Buys

This is not my hit/miss/jury's out list but...

fdd35820-628b-11e4-8d7b-679ac710aff8_rog

• Downvote 1

More to give an idea of how we have performed with Commolli and Rodgers.

Ignore the hitmiss/jury out it was done in November when Can was getting splinters.

Although Tony Evans has strongly implied that Rodgers does not rate Can as a midfielder.

I personally would like to see Can given a good run in midfield with total confidence from the manager not being subbed or moved around. 

This is where it is from.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/%C2%A3215-2m-spent-and-two-hits--deconstructing-brendan-rodgers--awful-transfer-record-at-liverpool-125059097.html

Commolli my arse. You mean Dalglish? Anyone who remembers his tenure at Newcastle knows he had form for truly appalling signings.

Let me guess. Suarez was Kenny and everyone else was Commolli.

All sounds a bit 'transfer committee' to me.  

• Upvote 2