You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton v Liverpool Match Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Massively undeserved? Fuck off.

Nah, you fuck off. They had 13 shots, we had 6, and more on target than we did. They had 60% possession, more corners, won more duels. They had at least one genuine penalty claim turned down, and we eventually relied on one moment of individual brilliance and a fuck-up from their left back to win. In fact, the opportunity they hadfollwing Allen's "penalty foul" was a better opportunity than what we created all night long, including our goals

I'm made up we got the three points, but don't turn your superfan shit on me and tell me that wasn't undeserved. If there was one team who deserved to come out this game with the three points, it was them not us. You must fucking blind to come to any other conclusion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Bit harsh on Lovern since he did well overall when needed.

It did seem though we were setup for counter attacking football which worked like a charm.

As mentioned before the last away goal anyone scored against us in the league was Van Persie. Not bad for a shaky defence.

Yeah possibly harsh on the whole. We have done really well of late despite not being 100% convincing and that was the same again today. And to be honest I'm partially basing us on our performances last season which is unfair i admit but the core of the players are the same so playing up to that level again shouldn't be discarded as being unachievable.

I did edit my original post to clarify that im not trying to be negative but we must improve if we want that 4th spot and we arent too far away now we just need to grasp it.

On Lovren for a £20m defender he should be better than do the basics and while i do appreciate his confidence is shot he really needs to start proving it soon before its too late, which in some peoples eyes it already is.

Nah, you fuck off. They had 13 shots, we had 6, and more on target than we did. They had 60% possession, more corners, won more duels. They had at least one genuine penalty claim turned down, and we eventually relied on one moment of individual brilliance and a fuck-up from their left back to win. In fact, the opportunity they hadfollwing Allen's "penalty foul" was a better opportunity than what we created all night long, including our goals

I'm made up we got the three points, but don't turn your superfan shit on me and tell me that wasn't undeserved. If there was one team who deserved to come out this game with the three points, it was them not us. You must fucking blind to come to any other conclusion.

Jeez - try not to let our win spoil your day.........

The sort of win if Chelsea produced it the media would be creaming themselves over it...I guess you can't please some people.....we've had a lot of tough games lately and more to come and that for me was the sort of professional display top teams produce.

Exactly mate, Rodgers critics have been saying we can't produce this kind of performance and when we do they are moaning.

Arsenal and other big teams went threre and got beat comfortably, we went there with our team tired and put on a professional performance.

I can't see why people are complaining, did anyone seriously expect us to go there and dominate the ball after we have just played, even before the game I saw a lot of fans say they'd be happy with a draw.

• Upvote 2

Yeah possibly harsh on the whole. We have done really well of late despite not being 100% convincing and that was the same again today. And to be honest I'm partially basing us on our performances last season which is unfair i admit but the core of the players are the same so playing up to that level again shouldn't be discarded as being unachievable.

I did edit my original post to clarify that im not trying to be negative but we must improve if we want that 4th spot and we arent too far away now we just need to grasp it.

On Lovren for a £20m defender he should be better than do the basics and while i do appreciate his confidence is shot he really needs to start proving it soon before its too late, which in some peoples eyes it already is.

I think we need to accept that with this many games in a short period, BR has to rotate, and if some of the players show a bit of rust when they get on, or have less than stellar games if they are tired, then so be it - we won and it was not always pretty - over analyzing a game post EL in a driving rain against a good side ain't worth the effort - just enjoy the result.

• Upvote 1

Jeez - try not to let our win spoil your day.........

Someone clearly doesn't understand the meaning of "I'm made up we got the three points". Seems the idea of someone being happy with the win whilst also being able to acknowledge that we were second best out there is unconceivable to the moronic superfans of today, even though it's just the plain ermm fucking truth.

• Upvote 2

But we took our chances, probably should have had a penalty of our own and even though they had more chances they didn't really test the keeper. If we were at Anfield and they beat us 2-0 but we had more chances, possession and corners I doubt there'd be many people saying we didn't deserve to lose. It'd be cunt this, cunt that.. 

I seem to remember a similar tale last season for the same fixture. I think it was 0-0 at half-time, maybe we were even winning but to read the thread you'd think we were getting a dry bumming (We went on to win 3-0) They're a much better side this season too even if they're missing one or two. Let's all just enjoy a win against very good opposition. They're not where they're in the league through fluke 

• Upvote 1

The sort of win that fills with much more confidence than a 3-0 spanking of relegation fodder.

Rodger's seems to somehow got his defence drilled and organised. I have criticised him constantly for not being able to do this but credit where it's due, he seems to have got his shit together. 

Now combine the defensive solidity with just a little of the attacking flair and we'll be laughing. 

• Upvote 2

Someone clearly doesn't understand the meaning of "I'm made up we got the three points". Seems the idea of someone being happy with the win whilst also being able to acknowledge that we were second best out there is unconceivable to the moronic superfans of today, even though it's just the plain ermm fucking truth.

Yes clearly - you have one line devoted to being made up and 8 crying about us being second best.

Would you be happier for us to dominate and lose?

Yes clearly - you have one line devoted to being made up and 8 crying about us being second best.

Would you be happier for us to dominate and lose?

No, my original comment was merely "massively undeserved but who cares, 3 pts" to which ratcatcher replied "massively undeserved? fuck off", hence my post above. It hardly takes a rocket scientist to figure out why there would be more lines to explain why I felt it was well undeserved within the actual post, then would it? Maybe, try and get the full context next time before commenting, eh...

And, fyi, dominate and lose is not the only alternative out there. Just letting you know. How about you just keep these straw man arguments to yourself?

• Upvote 1

If anyone is being the superfan, its cunts like you.

Oh we've got to win and win well by dominating every fucking game. Then youre on here crying about united, and the like grinding out results, why dont we. Fucking simpleton.

• Upvote 1

No, my original comment was merely "massively undeserved but who cares, 3 pts" to which ratcatcher replied "massively undeserved? fuck off", hence my post above. It hardly takes a rocket scientist to figure out why there would be more lines to explain why I felt it was well undeserved within the actual post, then would it? Maybe, try and get the full context next time before commenting, eh...

And, fyi, dominate and lose is not the only alternative out there. Just letting you know. How about you just keep these straw man arguments to yourself?

phew! Glad that dog is on a chain :)

If anyone is being the superfan, its cunts like you.

Oh we've got to win and win well by dominating every fucking game. Then youre on here crying about united, and the like grinding out results, why dont we. Fucking simpleton.

Haha, love how you just destroyed your own argument. Would you mind explaining to me how does "massively undeserved but 3 pts, who cares?" equates to "we've got to win and well by dominating every fucking game" eh simpleton? If anything, it means exactly the contrary.

And, I love how you go on to further back up my post with "crying about united, and the like grinding out results, why dont we". Surely, that exactly what "undeserved but 3 pts, who cares"  means. All in all, you've essentially just agreed with the "fucking simpleton".

• Upvote 1

I don't care how we played, we won away against a team who have been ahead of us for nearly all the season. How many times have we said we were unlucky or had loads of possession or shots on target and not won?. Just enjoy it.

This,with bells on. Nearly all of the mancs title wins have included poxy,spawny wins like today. We actually defended well enough in the 2nd half,partially due to the fact that they stopped playing long balls that were killing us first half. It's results time of the season lads. That's all that counts.

• Upvote 1

The haughty responses to anyone daring to admit we weren't very good today and rode our luck at times are exactly why some people "come out of the wood work" when we lose. It's the only time people are seemingly allowed to talk about our performance.

Everyone is happy we won, you tedious bellends.

• Upvote 12

Guest davelfc

We have the three points, we worked really hard for them and we rode our luck at times.

But the most important part of all of that is that we have the three points!

The haughty responses to anyone daring to admit we weren't very good today and rode our luck at times are exactly why some people "come out of the wood work" when we lose. It's the only time people are seemingly allowed to talk about our performance.

Everyone is happy we won, you tedious bellends.

Parfaitement, mon ami.