You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New York. What to do there?

Anny Road

Usual stuff I'd try and take in like the Empire state building possibly World trade one , one thing I did a few years ago was The Mafia tour if that floats your boat  which is based around Little Italy and I found it fascinating it also took in Little China which is next door ( not so interesting) .

• Upvote 2

Just now, Tj hooker said:

So did we that was the other one heading to Manhattan 

Both ways I think mate. We got off it then straight back on at the other side. I just remember it being packed and the windows being filthy. It didn't help my massive hangover one bit. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Both ways I think mate. We got off it then straight back on at the other side. I just remember it being packed and the windows being filthy. It didn't help my massive hangover one bit. 

Yeah pal still the same in April last year I took my brother on it after we had been up World Trade one great views of lower Manhattan and Brooklyn from up there 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Yeah pal still the same in April last year I took my brother on it after we had been up World Trade one great views of lower Manhattan and Brooklyn from up there 

I didn't go up that tower but did stand right at the bottom of it and looked up. Thought I'd got vertigo, it's bloody huge. 

Did the Rockefeller in the daytime and the Empire State at night (that's unreal at nighttime, the symmetrical lights as far as thence can see) although the Empire State was again over eroded. That's my only criticism on Manhattan, it's bloody rammed! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I didn't go up that tower but did stand right at the bottom of it and looked up. Thought I'd got vertigo, it's bloody huge. 

Did the Rockefeller in the daytime and the Empire State at night (that's unreal at nighttime, the symmetrical lights as far as thence can see) although the Empire State was again over eroded. That's my only criticism on Manhattan, it's bloody rammed! 

I'd have loved to have done the Empire State at night I took my lad up it in 2005 in the daytime still good but I'd imagine better at night 

1 minute ago, Tj hooker said:

I'd have loved to have done the Empire State at night I took my lad up it in 2005 in the daytime still good but I'd imagine better at night 

I didn't get long enough to take it all in because this group of Japanese tourists just bustled me out of the way to get a picture (of themselves not even the fucking view) they didn't understand what "You ignorant fucking cunts" meant unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I didn't get long enough to take it all in because this group of Japanese tourists just bustled me out of the way to get a picture (of themselves not even the fucking view) they didn't understand what "You ignorant fucking cunts" meant unfortunately. 

Hahahaha they get fucking everywhere 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I've got a picture of my lads in front of the Mona Lisa in the Louvre - along with some Japanese feller's arm holding a selfie stick. From the expression on my face, I think he understood what 'ignorant cunt' meant.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

That's the one. Fuck knows why I wrote 'trip', you go to the top.of the Rockerfeller centre in the evening and the views of New York are stunning apparently.

I think they have ice skating there if I'm not mistaken,  sounds brilliant that 

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Yes, and fuck knows. Probably the train, as I read that taxis cost about $50.

Air train from JFK costs about $10 then any train to Penn station it's so fucking easy and cheaper , Taxi to your hotel would be my way and you get used to the transport system , think of Jamaica station like Crewe you can basically get anywhere in NY from there , don't forget your ESTA 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Tj hooker said:

Air train from JFK costs about $10 then any train to Penn station it's so fucking easy and cheaper , Taxi to your hotel would be my way and you get used to the transport system , think of Jamaica station like Crewe you can basically get anywhere in NY from there , don't forget your ESTA 

Did the ESTA at the weekend. Fuck me, they were just short of asking for my inside leg measurement! I always try to use public transport on city breaks, if it's a good enough network (Paris & Barcelona for example). New York's trains and subway sound fine - especially as we're so central, just by the park.