You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

Taken at face value, I am not reassured by Klopp's defence of Sturridge. Why should losing two players to ACL injuries make it a bad idea to play Sturridge after a knock to the knee? Does he think these things come in threes? Of course, I don't take it at face value. It's certainly a novel way of looking at it which neutered any follow-up questions from the lazy hack.

Maybe he meant we can't afford any more long term injuries so it was better for him to miss one game than 10.

Maybe he meant we can't afford any more long term injuries so it was better for him to miss one game than 10.

I take the point but it doesn't necessarily apply to Sturrridge. Anything can knock him out for a week, month season. We should just play him as much as we can as he will go out injured at any point regardless of how he's used.

I take the point but it doesn't necessarily apply to Sturrridge. Anything can knock him out for a week, month season. We should just play him as much as we can as he will go out injured at any point regardless of how he's used.

I just can't see him putting in a shift if he thinks he's not fit. He's just not that sort of player. I reckon Klopp will bin him at the end of the season.

You can't force someone to cripple themselves for the club, wtf.

Danny has played 94 games in his nine year career and played only one full season.

Since signing a £150,000 a week contract, he has managed seven games,

He has missed 59 games since he joined us through injury.

The chances of him crippling himself are nil.

• Upvote 3

Danny has played 94 games in his nine year career and played only one full season.

Since signing a £150,000 a week contract, he has managed seven games,

He has missed 59 games since he joined us through injury.

The chances of him crippling himself are nil.

What gives you that impression? He's clearly made out of crisps therefore the chances of him crippling himself are significantly higher than nil.

Agree we wouldn't get much of a fee, that says alot.

Problem is his day is not even every other day and unfortunately he is not the type of player that can slot in and contribute in a number of positions. If we have to build a side without him, which we do, that makes it a little more of an issue. Wish it wasn't the case.

I am struggling to think of any top player who has missed half of the last hundred games. that is crazy shit there.

Nah don't sell him, he's got a better goal scoring ratio than Rush. Just use him like Arsenal use Walcott, sparingly. Nice to have, but not essential. Build a strong 11 without him and if he's fit and firing he can come in and help us along.

Don't see the point in selling him, he cost what 12m? For the price we pay for some of the dross Rodgers bought, he's repaid that already.

• Upvote 2

My namesake was doing a Q&A on Twitter yesterday and had this to say about Sturridge:

ezupg.jpg

Think he's right personally.  He did go on to clarify that he wasn't having a pop at him (which is how it's been reported) and was talking only about the fact Klopp will want more energy from his performances.

He also had this to say about Enrique, which cracked me up:

2qu0rj4.jpg

Oh and for anybody who is going to post 'yeah well Riise was shite' he's covered that for you too:

2wel4ee.jpg

He was dogs eggs near the end of his time here, no argument about it, but I'll always have a soft spot for the big daft ginger.

I like JAR. He's a bit thick and he knows it. Still was a better left back than pretty much any of the filth we've had playing there since. 

Aurelio was class.

Unfortunately, he had a bad case of Sturridge Syndrome.

• Upvote 3

Sturridge really needs to get his act together, I love him as a player but those stats are embarrassing, the perception that he is still young is based on the lack of football he's played. Gerrard, Carra and now Klopp have alluded to how he's not willing to risk himself and play through the pain.