You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

He's a luxury we can't afford.

If he stays long term you would have to build forward line on the assumption he isn't available, relegating him to 3rd choice striker.

That might give him 2nd thoughts before he decides he can't risk playing football this weekend as if he does he mite not be able to play football the week after.

I'm just pissed off as I had him in my fantasy team...

And had Lukaku as my captain.....

The twat.

benteke was bought as first choice.

if they even managed to take turns getting injured.

David Fairclough on today commentating on the reserves saying some players definately don't like to play with even the slightest knock. I always thought the likes of Martin Kelly came off at the slightest twinge. I think Sturridge thinks too much, this " Caribbean vibe " shite he came out with was odd. Needs to get his arse on the pitch as he will never get a big club again with his injury record. Fucking great player, shame he goes off quicker than a Catherine wheel.

I played sat / sun footy for about 15-20 years and whilst its clearly not the same intensity as prem footy, I don't recall any of our players missing much footy, despite everyone having proper physical jobs.

I remember my mate breaking a leg and playing  again after about 2 months

a few was out for a week or 2 with cuts and strains etc - I don't recall anyone being out for a YEAR !

These modern day footballers are fucking puddings - piss me off, the fucking fannies

sick of seeing these millionaires cry off with a twisted sock   

• Upvote 2

David Fairclough on today commentating on the reserves saying some players definately don't like to play with even the slightest knock. I always thought the likes of Martin Kelly came off at the slightest twinge. I think Sturridge thinks too much, this " Caribbean vibe " shite he came out with was odd. Needs to get his arse on the pitch as he will never get a big club again with his injury record. Fucking great player, shame he goes off quicker than a Catherine wheel.

Farclough said all that whilst commentating on tv? Don't think he'll be doing much more commentary after that.

• Upvote 4

I blame the so called advancements in sports science and the medical side.

A lot of the injuries that are diagnosed now wouldn't even be picked up years ago and players would just play through the pain...oblivious to what was 'wrong' and the club didn't have scores of medical people advising not to risk players/taking precautions.

OK they probably ended up crippled in later life because of the way things were but they were proper men doing their job....the money modern players are getting they should be pushed harder and not out for every little knock.

I am loathe to post the following because i always doubt this kind of thing when people post it, but here goes - my best mate at work (we work down in london these days) knows a lad at our place who is friendly with Sturridge's uncles Dean and Simon (he is from Birmingham) and he has said to me that this lad has told him on more than one ocassion that Sturridges uncles say he won't play unless he is 100%....make of that what you will.

I blame the so called advancements in sports science and the medical side.

A lot of the injuries that are diagnosed now wouldn't even be picked up years ago and players would just play through the pain...oblivious to what was 'wrong' and the club didn't have scores of medical people advising not to risk players/taking precautions.

OK they probably ended up crippled in later life because of the way things were but they were proper men doing their job....the money modern players are getting they should be pushed harder and not out for every little knock.

I am loathe to post the following because i always doubt this kind of thing when people post it, but here goes - my best mate at work (we work down in london these days) knows a lad at our place who is friendly with Sturridge's uncles Dean and Simon (he is from Birmingham) and he has said to me that this lad has told him on more than one ocassion that Sturridges uncles say he won't play unless he is 100%....make of that what you will.

Who knows, but I bet some players are like that. Nice to be able to stay off work at the slightest ache though. Good work if you can get it.

There is no question that Sturridge, on song and fit, is a class act capable of playing in any PL side.

Chelsea and Man City let him go, despite that.

It is also factually true that Sturridge has only played one complete league season in his entire career, for us in the second finish, earning him a £7.5m a year contract, worth £37.5m.

His ability has never been in question, his application has. His entourage is legendary, and when you have a guaranteed £37.5m coming in on top of the many millions you have already earned just managing the money becomes a job in itself unless you are very focussed on your sport, and I don't think there has ever been any evidence that he has that( and he is not alone,nor is it confined to LFC).Swansea and Scion away, frankly, get in the way of life.

Maybe Klopp will revitalise him? But my fear is that all this gegenpressingwill seem too much like hard work. You can hear his advisors now pointing out that JayZ and Will Smith don't have to do any gegenpressing...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I was watching some video on YouTube recently. I can't remember who it was, but the American TV presenter (Liverpool fan) said something along the lines of. "it's known if you offered daniel Sturridge the couch before the game, he'd sit on it every time"

He was employing he's a lazy shit basically.