You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

Guardiola, Mourinho, Rafa, Slur, Pellegrini, they all aged significantly in their jobs and in the latter two cases seemed to be at death's door. Rodgers is looking younger every season. Cannot take a manager who whitens his teeth and gets a fake tan seriously. Phil Brown vibes. He would instantly gain some credit back with me if he lost some hair, put on a few pounds, looked pale and stopped brightening his teeth to ridiculous American levels. Call me an armchair psychologist, but stress is a sign a manager is working hard.

I don't know how serious you're being, but I wrote about this a couple of months ago.

I got shot down by people saying his private life has got no bearing on his professional life.  It is still my opinion that those people are wrong and don't understand the level of integrity required to be accepted and respected as a leader.

When a leader's team start seeing signs of vanity, self-indulgence and hypocrisy, then his words and actions become a little less respected, a little more open to scrutiny and result in him being a lot less effective.

• Upvote 1

I don't know how serious you're being, but I wrote about this a couple of months ago.

I got shot down by people saying his private life has got no bearing on his professional life.  It is still my opinion that those people are wrong and don't understand the level of integrity required to be accepted and respected as a leader.

When a leader's team start seeing signs of vanity, self-indulgence and hypocrisy, then his words and actions become a little less respected, a little more open to scrutiny and result in him being a lot less effective.

It's a fair point. You'll get people screaming "Whats his personal life got to do with it! Behave!" type of shit.

As if peoples personal lives don't impact their jobs at times. Nonsense, of course they fucking do.

Rodgers seems to be repeatedly showing he doens't have any idea what he wants to do with his own signings

This is my biggest worry too. Can he right what is obviously wrong?

I still think he needs the rest of the season, but defeats against Bournemouth and Wimbledon might change that.

I posted something similar. Rodgers has gone all Hollywood on us. Last year went to his head, now he looks a right twat.

Also-  FOR THE ATTENTION OF EVERYONE please bear in mind the lurkers from RedCafe gloriously copy and pasting all of our misery into their forums (just like we did to them) Hopefully this will stop people typing the word PULIS. Anyone doing so  should be banned..... Ive just banned myself

• Upvote 1

It's like he actually has turned into David Brent now.

In all seriousness, it's quite obvious we look a team devoid of all confidence. But how much of that is the players being devoid of all confidence in the manager? I'm not saying he has to go now because changing managers is the last resort - and there's no obvious interim choice - but if he left then things would pick up till the end of the season as they did when Hodgson left. We're probably not going to get top 4 or win the Europa League (as we weren't going to after Hodgson left) but performances would improve overnight and we'd see actual football again.

It'll come to a head soon enough because if FSG aren't going to trust him to buy players next month (i.e. Kenny Janaury 2012 when funnily enough he needed a DM and a striker to sort things) then everyone knows he's toast and we can't afford to delay it till the summer.

Rickie was shite, but he also must be pretty tired by now. By my reckoning we've got 7 games in the next 20 days. If Balotelli is crocked, Lambert is played out and Rodgers has just cuntishly discarded Borini, then who do we play up front? Sterling is no striker.

I got shot down by people saying his private life has got no bearing on his professional life. It is still my opinion that those people are wrong and don't understand the level of integrity required to be accepted and respected as a leader.

I agree with you. On top of this, it shows him to be emotionally immature.

It could and imo did, cause him to at least partially lose focus.

Also-  FOR THE ATTENTION OF EVERYONE please bear in mind the lurkers from RedCafe gloriously copy and pasting all of our misery into their forums (just like we did to them) Hopefully this will stop people typing the word PULIS. Anyone doing so  should be banned..... Ive just banned myself

I wouldn't worry about them being on here mate, RAWK is their go-to forum for amusement and it provides them with more than enough material. Besides, if the P***s suggestion was made on the radio, one of them will already have picked up on it and posted about it.

I wouldn't worry about them being on here mate, RAWK is their go-to forum for amusement and it provides them with more than enough material. Besides, if the P***s suggestion was made on the radio, one of them will already have picked up on it and posted about it.

Can you imagine what frame of mind you would have to be in to make that comment. If I knew them I would seek them out some kind of help. Or convince them that football is not the game for them.

Nor is having a phone. Or a radio.

Rickie was shite, but he also must be pretty tired by now. By my reckoning we've got 7 games in the next 20 days. If Balotelli is crocked, Lambert is played out and Rodgers has just cuntishly discarded Borini, then who do we play up front? Sterling is no striker.

Grim reading, but true.

Regarding last night,to get £65m for Luis and end up with no striker(s) on the pitch in the second half is just crazy.

Two of our strikers are injured and we have one on loan.

Rodgers has shown he can be a successful manager here when he has the right tools, he is struggling when we have no top striker available and there is a confidence crisis among the squad.

Even without signings the team will be stronger after January with injured players coming back and we have a new striker joining next season, Id be amazed if he doesn't go for a dm if given the chance in the future.

He can turn it around I given time and hopefully he gets it.

Two of our strikers are injured and we have one on loan.

Rodgers has shown he can be a successful manager here when he has the right tools, he is struggling when we have no top striker available and there is a confidence crisis among the squad.

Even without signings the team will be stronger after January with injured players coming back and we have a new striker joining next season, Id be amazed if he doesn't go for a dm if given the chance in the future.

He can turn it around I given time and hopefully he gets it.

He won't go for a DM, he's had plenty of opportunities and the closest he's gone Is Can. Two of our strikers are injured but the other two weren't deemed good enough to play the full 90minutes against a Swiss football team. If there's a confidence crisis it's the managers job to fix it, he isn't. We'll have more injuries in the latter half of the season as the players bodies will be more worn out. You have a very low ceiling for success.

Stop stating all the problems as if they're in no way related to Rodgers having a total nightmare this season.