You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

I've had enough for one day. Was there anybody here who honestly thought we wouldn't the result tonight? Even with all the joking about, I'm in shock with this result.

If I wake up tomorrow to learn he's been sacked, I wouldn't be sad in the least.

I've had enough for one day. Was there anybody here who honestly thought we wouldn't the result tonight? Even with all the joking about, I'm in shock with this result.

If I wake up tomorrow to learn he's been sacked, I wouldn't be sad in the least.

Dr, have you got anything for the pain? I'm suffering here doc...

At least he knows what we need now, a striker and desperately. Hopefully it'll force the owners to go double or bust and spend some money in January. 

I think the last thing we need to do is waste more money, which is what it'd be. It's a disaster, whoever is advising FSG has to take a lot of the blame for this.

Brendan needs to rethink his shizzle. Play your 2 fastest up top. Can in mid. Stevie on after 65 mins just attacking.  

Manq Skrtel Kolo/(Sakh) Moreno

Hendo     Allen

Can

Coutinho (Lallana)

Marko(Ibe) Sterling(Lallana)

On this occasion, I can find little to disagree with in Mr Cat's assessment.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Just had a look and even RAWK is calling him all the cunts under the sun, Rodgers I mean not nightcat.  Obviously you have to factor in the Rafa love-in over there but it's still a bit full-on by the standards of the circle of brotherly love over there.

Point being, we can't continue with Lambert for Old toilet can we?

Lambert lucas henderson allen all look completely knackered. sterling must be on drugs to keep going.

can markovic lallana and coutinho will all have to start on sunday. borini will need to be on bench at least.

It should not have been about tonight. Brendan's appalling surrender at the Bernabeu tells you how much priority he put into this competition. For a Liverpool manager not to take the European Cup seriously is shocking. 

I was really sold on Rodgers but this European campaign has been disgraceful by our standards and our league form and the manager's inability to turn it around despite having better resources than most is startling. I think Rodgers is on borrowed time and if he does get chopped, he can't have many excuses.

• Upvote 1

we will play for a 0-0 draw against the mancs

This is what I'm dreading. We usually go to old Trafford and just bend fucking over. Then when we're 2 down,we'll try in vain to claw back some respectability. We'll have to go at the cunts,maybe concede but put them fuckers under pressure and maybe,just maybe get a result.

I've had enough for one day. Was there anybody here who honestly thought we wouldn't the result tonight? Even with all the joking about, I'm in shock with this result. If I wake up tomorrow to learn he's been sacked, I wouldn't be sad in the least.

I thought it would be a draw, but wouldn't have been surprised if we'd have lost.

• Upvote 1

sunderland was the least enjoyable time i have ever had at anfield.

i had no belief tonight,no faith, cos i can see something rotten. i'm sorry but we are beyond shite, our arse has gone. Rodgers won't get it back. we'll have a year of clutching at straws now, or we can sack him off sooner.

We're a top class striker away from being back, if we can invest in a time machine that can travel back to 2007 and snatch Torres, then we'd be golden. That's what we need right now, a fast, intelligent, goal scoring striker with pace, that can play up front on his own.

But we can't be having carthorse² up front, Lambert and Balotelli (Tweedledumb and Tweedletwat) can fuck off right now.

7 points out of 9 in the league would make you think we're on the up but hard to take any sort of positives in our performances and hard to believe we'll walk away with more than 1 point from the next two. 

Not sure what in the actual fuck is coming down the line at this point. Just really hard to see us finishing anything other than 6th/7th without some serious improvement and quick.