You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool's Hidden Gems

Section_31

Good man, can't be seen to letting the side down.

What was the pant shitter like anyway? Any redeeming features before she soiled herself?

She had a vagina.

Her pal made the best embarrassed face I've ever seen. Seen me and the missus trying to escape the fucking stench.

• 3 months later...

Hidden gem - Phoenix Watch Repairs, upstairs on that street off Williamson Square.

Last couple of times I've been there, they've done a good job but, because they did it quickly, they didn't feel like charging me.  Nice people (but with rubbish business instincts).

• 2 months later...

Liverpool's Small Cinema on Victoria Street is ace - show a range of exploitation flicks, arthouse pictures and the odd blockbuster well after the event. I'm off to see David Fincher's The Game tonight at Metal on platform 3 of Edge Hill Station - they show films weekly there and this is (hopefully) the first we'll be catching. Really want to go see something at the Secret Garden Cinema in town as well.

• Upvote 2

I see your Liffey and raise you the gents in the Penny Farthing. They're how I imagine Hiroshima was after the bomb dropped.

I've been in there twice, both times because my dad loves it as it reminds him of the bar in Star Wars.

First time a guy came in the toilets and proceeded to beat some fella in there to a pulp. Second time someone with us walked into the ladies to see some old girl wiping her shitty arse with the door open. It's quite the establishment.

• Upvote 2

Liverpool's Small Cinema on Victoria Street is ace - show a range of exploitation flicks, arthouse pictures and the odd blockbuster well after the event. I'm off to see David Fincher's The Game tonight at Metal on platform 3 of Edge Hill Station - they show films weekly there and this is (hopefully) the first we'll be catching. Really want to go see something at the Secret Garden Cinema in town as well.

Fucking great film. I'm not normally a fan of Michael Douglas but the quality of the story makes him watchable.

Fucking great film. I'm not normally a fan of Michael Douglas but the quality of the story makes him watchable.

Michael Douglas was heavily involved in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest so gets a free pass in everything he does from me.

• Upvote 2

Metal was ace. The film was free - selected by one of the people up there and they put a different one on each week or so. There were about a dozen or so regulars - a wide range of types - plus myself and Mrs Sut and we were made to feel really welcome; given some lemon drizzle cake on entry and offered popcorn. Not a bad little room with old cinema seats they'd scored from somewhere and a decent projector/stereo setup connected to a PS4. They have a little introduction beforehand from whoever picked the film and then a bit of a discussion about it afterwards if you want to stay around. Being on platform 3 at Edge Hill station means it's dead handy to get to as well. Highly recommended.

Metal was ace. The film was free - selected by one of the people up there and they put a different one on each week or so. There were about a dozen or so regulars - a wide range of types - plus myself and Mrs Sut and we were made to feel really welcome; given some lemon drizzle cake on entry and offered popcorn. Not a bad little room with old cinema seats they'd scored from somewhere and a decent projector/stereo setup connected to a PS4. They have a little introduction beforehand from whoever picked the film and then a bit of a discussion about it afterwards if you want to stay around. Being on platform 3 at Edge Hill station means it's dead handy to get to as well. Highly recommended.

You're the man talking about creating your own cinema, are you not?

Still my favourite film of all time. Sublime.

Me too, mate and by a country mile as well.

The making of documentary is better than the majority of other films.

"Next woman I take on is gonna light up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars."

• Upvote 1

So you were with your missus and you got off at Edge Hill?

• Upvote 2