You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UCL - Madrid v Liverpool

Paco

Aside from the fact fringe players are being used against the best side in Europe, just how well can this assortment of players selected by Brendan play together? They will be disjointed and won't know what the fuck is going on. Brendan has effectively thrown these lads under a bus.

One of the most staggering decisions I've ever known as a Liverpool fan.

Imaging travelling to Madrid and seeing that team?

An insult to the support.

Can't disagree more strongly with this.

If you were travelling to Madrid would you rather see Lovren torn apart again and us concede 4 goals?  Or would you prefer to see us at least try to improve the defense as much as possible with Sakho out? 

I would have preferred to see Sterling/Henderson in, but overall I think this team gives us a better chance to sneak a point out of this match than the lineup we fielded against Newcastle.  It's sad that we're at the stage right now where a point would be a huge success, but given that's where we are, I think Brendan has done the supporters a favour by at least trying to minimise the possibility we get beaten 5-0.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I can't understand not putting Sterling in. Maybe this is a giant kick up the arse to everybody? We're still in with a good shot in the group. I hope we can get something.

I'm not worried. I felt we would get beat with any side we fielded so to have this mad experiment makes it interesting. Maybe just maybe we have stumbled onto the greatest combination in world football history. Each shit edge lines up perfectly with another faded jaggered shit edge and when it all clicks into place you have reached the holy grail, jesus's cup was the plain one the one of a carpenter not that good bejeweled shite made for kings.

We've been dreaming of getting back into the Champs League & fixtures like this for a long time. This just feels like a smack in the mouth. Absolutely fucking furious with that team. If he's gonna treat it like this, what's the point in getting our shit together to finish 4th again. Play to fucking win.

He is, he just disagrees with you about which defense is more likely to get us points at the Bernabeu.

You'd rather see the defense that Real Madrid tore to shreds a few weeks ago. Brendan wants to change it up and see if Can and Toure for Gerrard and Lovren can make a difference.  I'm inclined to give him a chance and see what happens, given how awful the supposed "first XI" were against this lot last time.

• Upvote 1

He is, he just disagrees with you about which defense is more likely to get us points at the Bernabeu.

You'd rather see the defense that Real Madrid tore to shreds a few weeks ago. Brendan wants to change it up and see if Can and Toure for Gerrard and Lovren can make a difference.  I'm inclined to give him a chance and see what happens, given how awful the supposed "first XI" were against this lot last time.

Got no probs with Can at all.

The defence is a complete crap shoot, quite literally, so cant honsestly moan about that.

Its just leaving out Sterling i don't get.

Madrid have got fuck all threat from us to think about.