You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whistleblower exposes MMR Autism link

Arl arse

If not vaccinating only impacted your own child it'd only be your problem. But it doesn't, it impacts every child that can't have the vaccine, and that's fucking appalling. Especially as loads of the right-on parents choosing not to vaccinate spent the 90's and 00's necking pills and snorting coke.

• Upvote 4

Because it's more personal and it's kids?

It's the decision of one or both parents to put a child in danger as opposed to just the big bad of capitalism.

It's why a dead baby washing up on the shoreline hits home harder than news stories about faceless groups of people drowning or why the pictures of the syrian boy in an ambulance provokes more outrage than x number of people die in airstrikes.

The only reason it's more personal is because the media tell you it is and refuse to report on Western Imperialist atrocities.

Have you got kids?

If there was the slightest risk your child would be affected negatively by something a lot wouldn't.

I've said I'll look to pay for individual jabs. All these accusations of putting my child at risk can basically fuck off you jumped up little twats.

Your child is at risk by virtue of not having their vaccinations not alot anyone can do to get away from that fact.

What seperates you from others, I assume, is that if they did get ill you wouldn't be hestitate in getting to the hospital/GP and getting them the treatment they need as opposed to relying on some bullshit homeopathic/herbal remedies and hope.

As for the slight risk being a deterent, surely the larger risk associated with not having it would overide that?

• Upvote 1

The point about there being more methylmercury in fish than a MMR jab is a moot one, because firstly the MMR jab doesn't contain thimerosal, and secondly you don't feed an 8 week old baby fish. Some of the vaccines at 8 weeks have (or had for a long time) mercury in them. A child's immune system doesn't develop until they're 3 months old. It continues to develop up until they are about 5 years old.

Have you got kids?

If there was the slightest risk your child would be affected negatively by something a lot wouldn't.

I've said I'll look to pay for individual jabs. All these accusations of putting my child at risk can basically fuck off you jumped up little twats.

Yes, a 7 year old daughter who has had the jab.

It's like a conspiracy theory to get the genes of dumb people stopped.

If the government had jumped on Wakefield's advice and stopped MMR the same people not having the jabs now would be screaming for them.

You're a very strange man. You cry arse about someone wishing you a disability because you vote tory and then throw around ad hominem attacks with impunity, wishing genocide on people that take a different stance to you. The amount of times you've said things like 'i hope you don't breed' 'get the genes of dumb people stopped' and other posts advocating eugenics. You'd think you'd see the hypocrisy in this, but it alludes you every time. 

You're a very strange man. You cry arse about someone wishing you a disability because you vote tory and then throw around ad hominem attacks with impunity, wishing genocide on people that take a different stance to you. The amount of times you've said things like 'i hope you don't breed' 'get the genes of dumb people stopped' and other posts advocating eugenics. You'd think you'd see the hypocrisy in this, but it alludes you every time.

I don't cry arse, a man wishing hardship and disability on my family won't actually be able to do it. Unless he's a witch. Which he isn't. Because they don't exist. I pointed out his hypocrisy - and it was about 6 months ago so well remembered.

I've said 'I hope you don't breed' once, we'll remembered.

If I've said a number of those things you'll soon be able to provide examples but you can't because I haven't. Advocating eugenics? Ha ha ha you fucking melt.

I'm advocating protecting children from diseases and I'm the bad one?? Fuck me you are dumb.

The only reason it's more personal is because the media tell you it is and refuse to report on Western Imperialist atrocities.

That's not the only reason.  Human brains find it easier to relate to what feels close to home than things (however horrible) that feel a bit more remote.

We're not perfect.

I don't cry arse, a man wishing hardship and disability on my family won't actually be able to do it. Unless he's a witch. Which he isn't. Because they don't exist. I pointed out his hypocrisy - and it was about 6 months ago so well remembered.

I've said 'I hope you don't breed' once, we'll remembered.

If I've said a number of those things you'll soon be able to provide examples but you can't because I haven't. Advocating eugenics? Ha ha ha you fucking melt.

I'm advocating protecting children from diseases and I'm the bad one?? Fuck me you are dumb.

More ad hominem attacks just because i pointed out your hypocrisy. 

No, you claimed hypocrisy. it requires backing it up. So, back it up.

I do like the fact you've learned a new Latin phrase though, well done.

Back it up? It's on this page. The second example i've already stated, and you've admitted it yourself.

The number of times is once then? Fuck me, it's rope a dope.

Here you go this is unequivocal - I think you are stupid.

No, it's still two. Thanks for the constant personal jibes though, they cut me deep. 

Anyway we should knock it off and allow this thread to get back on track.

No, it's still two. Thanks for the constant personal jibes though, they cut me deep. 

Anyway we should knock it off and allow this thread to get back on track.

Yes, in a thread where I'm castigating people for not vaccinating me saying I hope a person doesn't breed means I'm into eugenics.

Please. You're better than this.

I'm really not!

Away from capitalism, humans don't exist in some prelapsarian state of grace.  We've survived by evolving lots of generous and altruistic traits, but also a fair few selfish ones.  Capitalism accentuates the negative, no doubt; but that doesn't mean that we would otherwise be perfect little angels.

In all our hundreds of millennia as hunter-gatherers, we thrived in contact with other groups, but we stuck with our own group first.

I'm really not!

Away from capitalism, humans don't exist in some prelapsarian state of grace.  We've survived by evolving lots of generous and altruistic traits, but also a fair few selfish ones.  Capitalism accentuates the negative, no doubt; but that doesn't mean that we would otherwise be perfect little angels.

In all our hundreds of millennia as hunter-gatherers, we thrived in contact with other groups, but we stuck with our own group first.

That's you on the list.

Please. You're better than this.

Hang on, are you serious? How can you have read Marx and at the same time claim that "the media" is the only reason false consciousness exists? Unless of course you dismissed his arguments about that.

I'm really not!

Away from capitalism, humans don't exist in some prelapsarian state of grace. We've survived by evolving lots of generous and altruistic traits, but also a fair few selfish ones. Capitalism accentuates the negative, no doubt; but that doesn't mean that we would otherwise be perfect little angels.

Boring. Please reject your Enlightenment era confusion of Social Darwinism with actual science and read something modern as well as some anti-imperialist critique.