You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Islamic Positive Thread

Anny Road

Oh hang on, I criticised the religion in question and its followers and all of the sudden, from "Norwegian" I became a "U.S. hillbilly".

My post though included references to Classical and Enlightenment Philosophers, not Christianity or the U.S.

If you would like to discuss with me expressing constructive arguments then you are welcome, otherwise I have no time for your leftist or conservative pseudo political correctness which turns a blind eye on... reality and events..

You can try and mask/ignore the massacres conducted by muslims across the world as much as you like, the reality is that what they advocate/preach/believe/violently try to spread,-always moving the finger in a didactic manner- is something alien to human nature, human history and the physical laws which govern everything in the Universe.

For some reason the mainstream/popular version of the religion in question is the most simplistic, boring, extremist and violent of all. In contrast, the only interesting version(s) of the religion in question is the one which contains some elements of ancient Persian Philosophy and Mysticism, that's Shiism and Sufism . But mysticism and the philosophical elements are passionately despised by the mainstream version's followers and that is why they target fellow followers of the "deeper" version(s) of their religion.

Even if what you say is true about Islam in terms of massacring people then what excuse does Christianity have over it?

Arent those daily drones and Helicopter strikes part of a Christian crusade,as they are conducted and consented to by a country who references God in everything they do or say?

• Upvote 2

1.6 billion Muslims, they're obviously all exactly the same. It's also a complete coincidence that most radical versions of Islam seems prevalent in countries that we've spent the last few decades bombing. Bombing, stealing resources, and in fact, when it suits the West financially, encouraging radicalism. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

How can you be a ex-muslim? is it when you change your religious beliefs?

I'll play along...yes, she was born into a Muslim family and left the faith when she was old enough to think. It's called apostasy and carries the death penalty in some countries who follow sharia. There's a lovely graph showing the % of people in so called progressive countries that feel it's the appropriate sentence. It's scary.

Why do people insist on raising questions about other religions when someone/anyone raises criticism on the religion in question? This is getting boring.

Mr Lenin(Ilyich), have you ever bothered to read any writings about alienation and metaphysics, the theory which inspired many philosophers including Marx? 

• Upvote 1

Jairzinho ignores the fact that the mainstream version of the religion in question, which strangely is the most radical, simplistic, dogmatic and violent version is the official state religion of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, a Kingdom that has not been invaded or bombed by the West. A secret super rich state, the U.S. favourite ally.

• Upvote 1

Jairzinho ignores the fact that the mainstream version of the religion in question, which strangely is the most radical, simplistic, dogmatic and violent version is the official state religion of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, a Kingdom that has not been invaded or bombed by the West. A secret super rich state, the U.S. favourite ally.

You're quite right, but it does rather suggest that the West's influence dictates what is acceptable and what isn't. I think this prevents analysis of the religion (or any other). Saudi Arabia isn't evidence of what Islam looks like if left alone.

Many complaints about Islam are often as much do with the geographical region and/or finances.

Why do people insist on raising questions about other religions when someone/anyone raises criticism on the religion in question? This is getting boring.

Mr Lenin(Ilyich), have you ever bothered to read any writings about alienation and metaphysics, the theory which inspired many philosophers including Marx? 

Read the thread title you fucking tit

• Upvote 1

Mustang is the hillbilly.

Great that the only person who hasn't realised where that was aimed is the one constantly referencing other people's dimwittedness.

Still preferred his post to Mustang's though, as it wasn't the equivalent of shouting "Get in the hole" while drunk.

(Something every Muslim does while raping anyone they can get their hands on).

Mr Lenin(Ilyich), have you ever bothered to read any writings about alienation and metaphysics, the theory which inspired many philosophers including Marx?

I tend to judge people on their merits and out of a religion of 1.8 billion people it seems there are relatively few bad eggs.

Why is Christianity getting away without criticism from you when they have just as many bad eggs?

I tend to judge people on their merits and out of a religion of 1.8 billion people it seems there are relatively few bad eggs.

Why is Christianity getting away without criticism from you when they have just as many bad eggs?

I'm guessing he's a religious christian or a jew. They dislike muslims and vice versa.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Ignorance. The methodology is different, and the propaganda much more complex, so the ignorant fall for it quite easily.

Racists like to overlook that the Christian bible contains all the same barbaric views on women, gays, slaves etc.

Christians have virgins in heaven, can beat their slaves, promote death by stoning of adulterers/people who work on a Sunday/homosexuals. Loads of compassion is shown to the disabled:

Leviticus 21:17-24 - "Say to Aaron: 'For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; no man with a crippled foot or hand, or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the offerings made to the LORD by fire. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the LORD, who makes them holy.' " So Moses told this to Aaron and his sons and to all the Israelites.

Racists like to overlook that the Christian bible contains all the same barbaric views on women, gays, slaves etc.

Christians have virgins in heaven, can beat their slaves, promote death by stoning of adulterers/people who work on a Sunday/homosexuals. Loads of compassion is shown to the disabled:

Leviticus 21:17-24 - "Say to Aaron: 'For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; no man with a crippled foot or hand, or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the offerings made to the LORD by fire. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the LORD, who makes them holy.' " So Moses told this to Aaron and his sons and to all the Israelites.

Is the racist comment aimed at me? How can it be racist to think a religion is fucking dumb? Muslim isn't a race, right? Right? I can't convert to being Afro-Caribbean.

All the religions are fucking dumb, but your example above, how many modern countries are founded on those views and have them enshrined in law? I can't think of any. Plus any nutjob who actually believed that shit is widely regarded as a nutjob and ridiculed. Even the established churches have turned their back on it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Imagine not knowing the difference between race and ethnicity. Oh you. what you are, clearly, is prejudiced and the true meaning of the word. You hear the word Muslim and pre-judge them based on your ignorant perception of their views. Hope this helps. Probably not.