You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goodbye Suarez

boots123

We could be forgiven for believing any of the media bullshit over the last few  weeks saying that we had to sell him. We most certainly did not.

To be fair I haven't seen any reports that we had to sell him.

He was under contract,

Whether it is wise to keep a player who doesn't want to be here in exchange for the third highest transfer fee of all time is another matter.

• Upvote 1

Anyone care to take a guess at what stunt he'll pull at Barca when he implodes again ?  Which he invariably will.  Could he really be as loopy as to have another public chew on someone, what other naughtiness can he get up to on the pitch ?

He'll bite Pepe in El Clasico and get a fucking medal.

Stig must have been pissed....

I know he's allegedly old, but surely not even Stringy looks as wrinkled as Lizzie Birdsworth's wrinkled chopper, LBWC?

No I fucking don't.  And Stig had asked me several times what the score was, including at half time.  Tbf, he had got to the pub before the rest of us, so was already half cut when I got there.

No I fucking don't. And Stig had asked me several times what the score was, including at half time. Tbf, he had got to the pub before the rest of us, so was already half cut when I got there.

I was fucking hammered that game Peter, id love to see the cctv of me trying to navigate the tube

No I fucking don't. And Stig had asked me several times what the score was, including at half time. Tbf, he had got to the pub before the rest of us, so was already half cut when I got there.

I heard he eat a whole packet of wine gums en route.

Cos you know.

You keep trying hard for that first sensible response to any of my posts, son.

To be fair I haven't seen any reports that we had to sell him.

He was under contract,

Whether it is wise to keep a player who doesn't want to be here in exchange for the third highest transfer fee of all time is another matter.

I have not seen any reports to that end either.

Perhaps electing to go to Barca when he was under contract with us is a clue?

Possibly. Doesnt look like we will ever know for sure though.

It's all one big conspiracy, HoD.

And stop pretending you know what was in Suarez's contract.

I did not make any illusion of the sort, you shoulder chewing mong.

House of Dirk knows

fuck all.

I know what you are though.......and I suspect that view is shared.

Hang on. Are you saying Suarez was forced out of the club?

I didn't say anything other than the media wankfest that seemed to ensue, implying that we have to sell. Not really helped when club or player have not said anything that indicates one way or another. I cannot be the only person irritated by this. But he has gone, we have over 3 times what we paid for him, no one is going to say anything.

Not really helped when club or player have not said anything that indicates one way or another.

Suarez didn't want to say anything so that he was entitled to his loyalty (sic) bonuses for the remainder of his contract.

I suspect the Club didn't want to say anything so as not to prejudice any appeal, or appear to be condemning or condoning Suarez' actions, or give any sense that we wanted to sell so as to keep the price high.

The fact that Suarez left a club, manager and fans who had supported him so steadfastly says all that needs to be said...apart from a £75m credit in the bank and a £10m a year saving in wages.

He was fantastic and probably our best signing of the last 20 years. We will,of course,miss him as would anybody.

He is Uruguayan and Spanish speaking so will obviously feel at home in Spain. I wish him well and feel no bitterness towards him as I think all footballers are mercenaries anyway.

The one question for him though is will he have the same motivation for Barca that the British media provided for him over here?

• Upvote 2

The one question for him though is will he have the same motivation for Barca that the British media provided for him over here?

I don't think the British media coverage had any impact upon him. By all accounts he spent most of his spare time in Barcelona where he has a house, and his family is, anyway.

The Madridista press will be waiting for his next indiscretion, coverage of football out there is even more intense than here with daily sports papers.

I think that what makes him such a good player is his focus on playing, and winning. Nothing has distracted him so far, I can't see that anything will distract him in the future.

But will there be another "incident"? It's inevitable.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the British media coverage had any impact upon him. By all accounts he spent most of his spare time in Barcelona where he has a house, and his family is, anyway.

The Madridista press will be waiting for his next indiscretion, coverage of football out there is even more intense than here with daily sports papers.

I think that what makes him such a good player is his focus on playing, and winning. Nothing has distracted him so far, I can't see that anything will distract him in the future.

But will there be another "incident"? It's inevitable.

Agree with that.