You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goodbye Suarez

boots123

I cant say i feel the same way at suarez leaving as I felt when the other Louis Garcia left, he was a warm human being who was truly one of us which is something suarez has never been, by god i'll miss his magical football, but after this latest incident and his can't wait to leave attitude, after all the bullshit of how happy he was at Anfield, as a person I sure as hell won't miss him, lets see if he can maintain his standard without Stevie spoon feeding him.  

• Downvote 2

Great player. One of the very best we've seen in a Liverpool shirt. Obviously mad as a box of frogs, but what a player! Good luck to him. 

Impossible to replace with a single player (unless it is Messi or Ronaldo) so hopefully the healthy budget we already had will strengthen the squad and we will get a couple of top attacking talents as well. If (big if) the money is invested well, we can challenge for the title again. Onwards and upwards. 

Great player, bit tapped. If we get 75m for him and invest it well (massive 'if' there) then I won't be shedding too many tears.

Oh and I'm sure he'll just about manage with the service he gets at Barca...

when our top scorer Ian Rush went to Italy, he said he got very little service, due to the already established superstars wishing to maintain their reputations, as was the case with Torres, can also cause an ego clash.

• Upvote 1

He'll also get his ban reduced as soon as the transfer papers go through.

Once he's out the door, I couldn't care less what happens to him.

There's very few ex-Liverpool players I have ever looked out for.  Maybe Robbie as I knew he didn't really want to go and Johnny Aldridge as I absolutely knew he didn't want to go.

Most of them once they've gone I hope fail, but with Suarez, no, actually, it's probably the same with him too to be honest.

I'll still hate the British media for the way they treated him, though.

• Upvote 7

Most talented player I've ever seen play for us and we will be weaker for not having him next season unless we bring in 2-3 top quality players with the money which I doubt.

I won't miss him as a person in the slightest though. The bans and controversy have been tiresome but I've never forgiven him for the way he acted last summer. He'll almost certainly be amazing for Barca but there'll be no well wishes from me.

For me it's been an absolute pleasure watching him play brilliantly for us for 3 years in spite of a particularly vitriolic media campaign against him at times, partly as a result of his biting issues unfortunately, which he really needs to sort out, but also that ridiculous reaction to what happened with Evra. The media doesn't get (or rather chooses not to get) South American culture and will now have to find another pantomime villain to focus their efforts on. Whilst Luis has these very occasional lapses on the field which I think he finds hard to control for whatever reason, off the field he is clearly a top family man, married to his childhood sweetheart and clearly devoted to his kids. So when I read stuff denigrating him as a person it makes me laugh as he is obviously a different character to the one that is portrayed in the media and lapped up by many fans. He's certainly got his problems which I hope he will address, but he leaves with me hoping that he achieves all he can at Barcelona, which I suspect has always been his ultimate destination. I'm glad he chose to play for us for the past 3 years and will fondly remember his football genius and sheer will to win attitude, which I think infected the whole team last season. Buena suerte Luis.

Of course for us football life goes on and we have a fantastic manager who I have every confidence will use the money to improve the squad and team and continue to ensure we play the most exciting brand of football in the Premier League and possibly in Europe next season. We'll win stuff without Luis as we have some potentially exceptional young players coming through one of whom, Sterling, I think has learnt a lot from playing with Luis Suarez, the mad genius.

• Upvote 1

Great player.  I'll miss watching the crazy fucker give his all week in week out.  Some of the stuff he does on a pitch is unreal and his sheer desire, determination to win is unmatched.

Good luck to him.  I may actually watch an El Clasico this Season.

suarez-chelsea.gif

suarez-dive.gif

• Upvote 2

I cant say i feel the same way at suarez leaving as I felt when the other Louis Garcia left, he was a warm human being who was truly one of us which is something suarez has never been, by god i'll miss his magical football, but after this latest incident and his can't wait to leave attitude, after all the bullshit of how happy he was at Anfield, as a person I sure as hell won't miss him, lets see if he can maintain his standard without Stevie spoon feeding him.

suarez is from a different football planet to garcia. as important as he was during rafas first 3 years, hes not and never will be mentioned in the same breath as the games greats.

suarez is the best player I ve ever seen in a liverpool shirtand I grew up with dalglish hansen rush beardsley barnes Aldridge fowler mcmanaman owen etc.

sad to see him go but I ve accepted for a long time that this day was coming. its just about getting the best deal possible and investing the money well.

I wouldnt even spend it all now. I d buy a top young striker and keep the rest for january to bolster the squad again.

I’m ashamed of the way he was treated by most of the media here, although he didn’t do himself many favours on that score. But, if you’re going to be used as a stepping stone, a £50 million profit on the transfer and a place back in the Champions League makes it easier to bear. It was a wild ride but he did a hell of a lot for Liverpool Football Club in his 3 1/2 years here.

We really could have done with not having to deal with this now, Rodgers had enough problems to address this summer without the added impossibility of replacing Suarez. This will be an exceptional window with probably 10 or more players leaving and at least 7 coming in. It will be a lot of work for the coaching staff to pull all that together into something coherent ready for next season.

• Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

I posted this the other day on the MF

Not wanting to take anything away from the excellent job Rodgers has done, we basically finished 2nd and straight in to the group stages because of Suarez. He will undoubtedly leave for more than we paid, leaving us with the possibility of swapping for cash and a really great player.

Our transfer targets are more willing to come here because we have guaranteed champions league football. So those more angered at him than they were over Torres can shut up, he didn't go sulking for most of the season, he was our fucking season.

He's a loon, he's going to annoy because some fans can't see past the fact that most footballers are employees, they don't give a shit for loyalty unless it comes with cash.

He gave everything for us and if he wants to go, then fine. Take your circus with you and thanks.

​I wish the bitey little lunatic well, he's left us in a decent position to kick on. If we fail it won't be because Suarez left us it will be because we fucked up spending the cash to get the right players.

I bet you he bites again, he just can't stop himself. Only next time it won't matter to us.

When it comes down to it, he will only be a bit part player in the history of this great club. For me, the heroes are those players who have won things for this club, those who through their efforts have brought success, and those who have sacrificed personal gain for the good of the club.

Suarez is a great player, but he's nobody's hero.

• Upvote 8

Whenever a player chooses to leave our club before they are asked to it does often trigger my 'fuck you then' reflex.

Liverpool Football Club mattered to him for the time that he was on the pitch, can't deny that and I respect and appreciate what he's done for us, but the moment he left the pitch we didn't really matter to him at all as he's demonstrated on several occasions.

So for that reason I won't be gushing or going over board with my goodbyes, I'm sad and annoyed as you can't really replace a player as good as this, they are born not bought but he's not the first and won't be the last.

The bloke is headfucked. A Supremely gifted footballer who always gives 100%, no matter what the opposition, but he is a shithouse of a human being. No apology to the club and the supporters who he has once again fucked over.

I wont hold a grudge when he goes cos he has always done his best for us, but life will go on and we will still do well.

Players who leave us for 'bigger clubs' have a history of going down the pan quickly.