You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Best of Phil Jones

Josef Svejk

Indeed, I went back to double-check and spotted that you'd posted it.  But now you've put it on this page as well, which is a creditable service to the forum.  It's a gif that grows more incredible every time you see it.  How he contorts his body ... it really beggars belief that a professional footballer could take a penalty like that.

You're taught to keep your head over the ball because it prevents you from leaning back and is supposed to lead to a cleaner strike that stays low enough to remain on target, but in his case I don't think it takes into account another factor - that of his 'mong strength'.

Indeed, I went back to double-check and spotted that you'd posted it.  But now you've put it on this page as well, which is a creditable service to the forum.  It's a gif that grows more incredible every time you see it.  How he contorts his body ... it really beggars belief that a professional footballer could take a penalty like that.

I said at the time, and repeat here for the record, that he took that penalty with the same amount of technical poise that you would expect from an ironing board that has been hurled at a football.

The ice cream one is fucking brilliant

After surviving that penalty shootout, the Charlie Adam penalty was funny to look at, it was so bad.

Then someone added the dude with the ice-cream getting splattered. Brilliantly funny.

Then someone took it to a whole different level of funny with those Phil Jones faces. There is no way that can be bettered now, that gif has achieved perfection. Hahahahaha