You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

You're mad if you think Higuain would come as Sturridge back up, if Higuain came and Rodgers was only playing 1 striker - then Danny would be on the bench.  Sturridge isn't even close to the same class as Higuain, do me a favour.

Our style of play was never focused around Suarez, when he was banned we played the exact same way.  Rodgers has been playing (trying to at times) this style of football since he took over at Watford.  It just brought the best out of a already world class player - nothing will change.

I hold you up as the doughnut of the day. 

What a fucking statement. They are the same class. Without a doubt. I'd possibly have Higuain a tiny bit ahead but Sturridge is doing fucking brilliant for us and had he not been over-shadowed by Suarez last season we would be fucking bumming the bastard. 

Chat shitter in shit chatting shocker. 

You should be banned for that. fucking banned for a month. 

neggedV2.gif

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Higuain for 25m - yes, please. For 40m is mental.

Not really. He went for 30 odd to Napoli. I'd happily put 40 of Suarez's 75 millions into Higuain.

Just going to point out, that after a complete fuck up from spurs with their managerial situation, they transitioned from a one man team the season before last, and finished 3 points and one place worse off in the league last season.

If we are able to do that whilst crowing about what a shit club spurs are, then I'd take that now after everything that's gone on. 

I hold you up as the doughnut of the day. 

What a fucking statement. They are the same class. Without a doubt. I'd possibly have Higuain a tiny bit ahead but Sturridge is doing fucking brilliant for us and had he not been over-shadowed by Suarez last season we would be fucking bumming the bastard. 

Chat shitter in shit chatting shocker. 

You should be banned for that. fucking banned for a month. 

How many games last season was Sturridge fucking shite?  He's a very good striker, but he didn't even show up once towards the end of the season.  I think you might be a bit biased here pal.

How many games last season was Sturridge fucking shite?  He's a very good striker, but he didn't even show up once towards the end of the season.  I think you might be a bit biased here pal.

Did you watch much of Napoli? 

Sturridge has scored 31 goals in 43 games for Liverpool. 72% 

Higuain (In a weaker league) 17 in 31. 54%

sette det i din pipe og røyk det

• Upvote 1

Mightn't be in the same class, but he's faster and a better goalscorer, which is what we need/use.

For a striker, unless he's rubbish everywhere else (he's not), it usually means they are the better player. Saying not the same class is mental.

I'm not sensitive it's a saying round here, "na don't wind me up" - and it isn't wrong, Sturridge has fucking shockers too often to be considered world class.

He's a fucking goalscoring striker. He could sit on his arse next to the corner flag all game, but if he scores a couple, he's more than done his job. Goals win games. He has close to a goal a game scoring rate at the club.

I've actually seen Higuain play on a number of occasions for Madrid and for the Argies and thought he looked a bit shit, with the faint thought that he may be a bit overrated. I've seen his good games though and recognise he's a top player. You're not the ugliest or fattest WUM I've seen around here, but you aren't far away.

For a striker, unless he's rubbish everywhere else (he's not), it usually means they are the better player. Saying not the same class is mental.

He's a fucking goalscoring striker. He could sit on his arse next to the corner flag all game, but if he scores a couple, he's more than done his job. Goals win games. He has close to a goal a game scoring rate at the club.

I've actually seen Higuain play on a number of occasions for Madrid and for the Argies and thought he looked a bit shit, with the faint thought that he may be a bit overrated. I've seen his good games though and recognise he's a top player. You're not the ugliest or fattest WUM I've seen around here, but you aren't far away.

Sturridge has scored goals (alot of them) for 18 months at Liverpool, he's flattered everywhere else.  Higuain has scored goals at the highest level for years, and always scores goals.  I don't know how the two can be compared in the same class at the moment, but I'd be happy to admit I'm wrong if Sturridge does it again next season.

• Downvote 1

I bet you're boss at Football Manager.

Never played it before and apart from hearing it mentioned all the time on football forums I wouldn't know what it was.

My point was not to denigrate Lallana, though I concede it may have come across that way.  I think he's a decent player and will be good, though not great, for us.  If we weren't losing Suarez I would be happy for him to come here.

What I was trying to say was that it doesn't look like a good buy now that Suarez is definitely off.  We haven't been able to locate a reasonable replacement for Suarez, so it seems clear that we need goals from somewhere.  If you can't get them from a top striker, then the next most reasonable place to look is in a top creative player who theoretically might make the players around him score more.  

If we had the Lallana deal back, it would be easy for us to afford one of these players and I'm not having the "they wouldn't come here" argument either.  90% of them would decide based on the money and if we added another 20-30k/week to whatever we offered Lallana (reportedly close to 100k/week) we'd be giving them a massive pay raise (with the exception of Di Maria).  We could certainly persuade Draxler or Koke to come and be first choice with a big pay packet, and we would have the money to do so and a first XI place for them.

As it is, we chose to get Lallana, who sort of forestalls any idea of bringing in a top AM because he himself was bought for that position and between him, Coutinho, Sterling and Henderson there won't be that many minutes left to give another player.

My point is not to play a fantasy version of a computer game here, it's merely to say that I wish we had waited to see what happened with Suarez/Sanchez before committing to Lallana.  No one was going to match our offer for him, so we could have waited and upon seeing that Sanchez wasn't coming and Suarez was off, made that AM position our priority for recruitment rather than making a rather expensive depth buy.

Sturridge has scored goals (alot of them) for 18 months at Liverpool, he's flattered everywhere else.  Higuain has scored goals at the highest level for years, and always scores goals.  I don't know how the two can be compared in the same class at the moment, but I'd be happy to admit I'm wrong if Sturridge does it again next season.

What a crock of shit. Sturridge has shown his goalscoring ability every times he has got regular games. Being pushed out wide and coming on as a sub at Chelsea isn't indicative of his ability.

• Upvote 1

Lallana scores goals. He will play with Gerrard and Henderson. Markovic and another striker will add more goals. I expect Coutinho and sterling to score more next season too. There is Lambert also. Despite what has been quoted by some I still expect to see a wig-wam signing.

What a crock of shit. Sturridge has shown his goalscoring ability every times he has got regular games. Being pushed out wide and coming on as a sub at Chelsea isn't indicative of his ability.

I didn't say it was, but there's a reason they were happy to sell him to a direct rival for £12m.  He's young and English, which usually inflates a fee but they still let him go to us for £12m - and their fans don't even complain about it either.  I didn't rate him when we got him, I do now - but he isn't in the same class as Higuain.  That's my opinion, yours is obviously different.

Done it for about five or six years on the bounce has Higuain. Got less pace, and skill, than Sturridge, less natural ability in general, but Higuain is a fucking lethal striker. I've no doubt Sturridge is capable of proving himself to be better than Higuain, but he hasn't done it yet.

I didn't say it was, but there's a reason they were happy to sell him to a direct rival for £12m.  He's young and English, which usually inflates a fee but they still let him go to us for £12m - and their fans don't even complain about it either.  I didn't rate him when we got him, I do now - but he isn't in the same class as Higuain.  That's my opinion, yours is obviously different.

Chelsea letting him go for £12m does not prove anything about his ability. At all. Torres went the other way for £50m, yet he was shite. Coutinho was £8m. Andy Carroll was £35m. Fees vary wildly, some players are bargains, some are overpriced. I'll bet offered to sell him for £12m we'd have no shortage of suitors.

Anyway, I think he can be inconsistent but he's good enough when on his game to make up for it. Happy enough to disagree. Perhaps I was a bit aggressive with my opening line, no need for it.