You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

of course he'll find, he will buy Martins Indi, Van Dijk from Celtic, De Vrij or one of Ajax young talents, he knows the league inside out and Eredivisie is packed with great talents with ceiling way higher than Dejan fucking Lovren.

I don't think it is defensively. He is better than De Vrij or Martins Indi for sure.

This whole wanting to live in London thing still bemuses me.

He's going to earn thousands of pounds a year. He's an hour (tops) flight from London which I'm sure we'd happily arrange to pay for if he really loves the place so much. I'm sure we'll also gladly match and exceed anything Arsenal are willing to give him wage wise.

Why the hell would he base his decision on something so trivial. It's not like he's going to be living in a council estate.

Tell that to Van Persie, Nasri, Clichy, Toure, Fabregas and the rest who jumped boat from Arsenal and moved to smaller cities for same/more money, better lifestyle and trophies.

London is not ace any more. It was ace until late 90s

You are hiding FSGs failures and the club's overall incompetence behind silly excuses.

Is this a joke? A club with absolutely no European standing whatsoever that have made their name by being little more that a nuisance to whoever is top of the English game, first to us and then to the mancs.

They finished below us last season after their perennial implosion. He's signed up for yet another Groundhog Day season where they race out of the blocks, the London press have a wankfest about their teenage Brazilians in the league cup, and then they fall flat on their arse amidst a flurry of wannabe Barcelona passing football that lands them a couple of five-nil drubbings.

If someone chose Chelsea or city over us, or the mancs before last season I wouldn't have been surprised, but not arse. If you go to them it's about London, money and a minimum level of CL footy. Just like arse shavin and Bog Eyed Bill.

I'm just talking about it from a non-interested european footballer perspective. Appearing in the latter stages of the cl year after year is pedigree. I'm not arguing the case they are bigger or better than us, my point was that if you're a footballer with no interest in our history, then Arsenal are a more attractive draw. Our best player wanted to fuck off there last summer for fucks sake, so it's hardly that my view is some weird view with no base in reality. 

If we think we're going to come out on top if we're rivals for Arsenal for players, then we're setting ourselves up for a long summer. That doesn't mean I love Arsenal or think they're better than us, I'm just being objective. 

• Upvote 2

If your rich London is ace mate. Too many cockneys and hipsters though. Shame.

Not many Cockneys in the West End these days mate,

London is one of the worlds great cities no doubt and whilst I think Liverpool is fantastic these days I daresay it hasn't got quite the same attraction to a South American footballer with a massive wedge burning a hole in his pocket. 

Anyway this isn't a done deal yet and I would guess Barca are doing their utmost to steer him in the direction of Anfield. 

I definitely think paying the extra to get in some names starts the ball rolling, but after that it becomes easier to sell the club as a footballing project. Players want to play alongside those of a similar calibre, and the sad fact is I can see why someone like Sanchez would choose Arsenal over us, because - as you rightly say - they're starting to break away from their old model of buying young potential and instead aiming for established names. We seem to be just starting down the road that Arsenal have already traveled. 

I wouldn't trade Rodgers, Hendo, Sterling and Sturridge for anything, but I think we need to realise that footballers may not rate them as highly as we do. The good news is it seems to be turning the head of younger players who see how we're developing exciting talent. The likes of Origi supposedly choosing us over Spurs or Arsenal is a sign of that. Hopefully it's a decisive factor in getting Markovic too.

those players won't keep joining though if you don't pay them the money. i get the point you are making, i just think the main decision point always comes back to money and without it someone somewhere will beat you to players.

If your rich London is ace mate. Too many cockneys and hipsters though. Shame.

Isn't anywhere ace if you're rich though geez?

I duno, maybe it's just me. I've lived in London, in a pretty awesome area and I earned a decent amount. But I found it shite. A metropolis of cunts. Everybody thinking they're swanky as fuck, ''unique'' (fuck outta here) and too grumpy to afford you a smile or casual courtesy.

Then again, I grew up in Liverpool and Leeds, which are pretty much the antipathy.

From the joy that is RAWK. Full lovren interview with a Croatian paper. 

- after the sale of Lallana, Lambert and Shaw and after the managers' departure he realises that Southampton wants to be just some run of the mill club and he doesn't want to play for such clubs. He's ambitious and hungry.

Somebody should let him know we're about to sell our best player. What he really wants is a big pay day. Anybody taken in by his oh so wonderful desire to force his way into Anfield is naive. I wish a lot of the players we've signed would have shown the same determination on the pitch as they did in getting a move to us in the first place.

• Upvote 1

To an outsider looking in it is quite possible that a player sees one team who qualify for the CL every season and give the appearance of challenging for honours, and just won the FA Cup. Where's us getting in the CL this year could be seen by some players as a possible one off, and not worth risking a move. We are also losing our best player by a long way. A player doesn't give much of a shite about history. He wants medals. Showing him photos of our 5 CL win in which 3 of the photos are in black and white isn't going to sway someone wanting to sign now.

I think saying he's moving because it's London is bit one-eyed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

I work in London a lot. And it's ace. It is in the same breath an absolute fucking nightmare.

Underneath its also a dirty, ego driven shithole. Full of cunts. on Friday when we left Richmond, on the arduous journey to get onto the M1, which takes roughly an hour- we were nearly set upon by a Lexus full of clearly mental eastern European gangsters who obviously have no idea of how roads work here and being in the wrong lane meant they had to aggressively enter our lane and then geasured at us with gun fingers that if we don't let them in - we would probably have a bit of a situation on our hands. It was fun.

Lovely place. Why wouldn't people want to live somewhere like that?

• Upvote 1

Bullshit about London. All this crap is reproduced every time there is a potential signing and it has be proven again and again wrong.

Sanchez is currently paid less than half of what is Suarez earns. Offer Sanchez good wages and he will be taking pictures outside Anfield by Wednesday.

But the owners do not want to. They want to replace him with an 18-20 year old who will be on low wages and who can/will be sold in 3-4 years time for profit.

• Downvote 1

Offer him a top wage and if he wants Arsenal, fuck him. As for the London angle, why ?

Move to Liverpool and you have Liverpool, Manchester, Chester etc all easily accessible for shopping. Look what you can buy on Merseyside house wise for a few million compared to London. Hire a helicopter and fly him down the North West coast preferably on a sunny day.

Alternatively stick him on the 14 to Willow Way and take him for a bevy in the Western, nice meal from K Tams and finish it off with a walk in Croccy park.

I will be suicidal if we don't sign him. And disappointed if we do. Please stay Luis. Fuck off Suarez.

Bullshit about London. All this crap is reproduced every time there is a potential signing and it has be proven again and again wrong.

Sanchez is currently paid less than half of what is Suarez earns. Offer Sanchez good wages and he will be taking pictures outside Anfield by Wednesday.

But the owners do not want to. They want to replace him with an 18-20 year old who will be on low wages and who can/will be sold in 3-4 years time for profit.

Why don't just give it a rest wait and see what happens . You haven't a fucking clue what deal if any has been offered to Sanchez or what Liverpool's wage policy is

To an outsider looking in it is quite possible that a player sees one team who qualify for the CL every season and give the appearance of challenging for honours, and just won the FA Cup. Where's us getting in the CL this year could be seen by some players as a possible one off, and not worth risking a move. We are also losing our best player by a long way. A player doesn't give much of a shite about history. He wants medals. Showing him photos of our 5 CL win in which 3 of the photos are in black and white isn't going to sway someone wanting to sign now.

I think saying he's moving because it's London is bit one-eyed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed, arsenal haven't been out of the cl for years so I can understand why some players would see going there as less of a risk.

Even as a neutral I think hes wrong though, Wenger isn't going to be there much longer,he would get more games at lfc and I have doubts if Wenger can make a title winning team again.

If Sanchez wants knobhead's hounding him every where he goes around London taking selfies in his face and posting them on twitter then by all means go to Arsenal. He can buy a fixie bike and ride around Camden wearing a scots guard tunic and be packed like a sardine on the tube.

It might lessen the feelings of frustration when every one around him bottles it in March and he's left holding the tatters of a dream they sold him, a yarn about spending money and competing for titles, and as Wenger leaves for the last time, waving to a silent ground that doesn't give a fuck anymore, he might just think about that crowd singing "you'll never walk alone" at Anfield.

He might think about Abbey Clancy's little pert arse bouncing in a Hello magazine he saw a few days prior and think i should of moved to Formby and got me a little tight arse like that, one of the scouse housewives, i should be playing golf with Gerrard right about now, not in this empty dressing room with the sound of that pipsqueak Wilshire shouting the odd's down the hall.

Then he'll say "fuck i need a break" in spanish and pull out his macbook pro and type 'Mega bus to Liverpool'.

• Upvote 1

I work in London a lot. And it's ace. It is in the same breath an absolute fucking nightmare.

Underneath its also a dirty, ego driven shithole. Full of cunts. on Friday when we left Richmond, on the arduous journey to get onto the M1, which takes roughly an hour- we were nearly set upon by a Lexus full of clearly mental eastern European gangsters who obviously have no idea of how roads work here and being in the wrong lane meant they had to aggressively enter our lane and then geasured at us with gun fingers that if we don't let them in - we would probably have a bit of a situation on our hands. It was fun.

Lovely place. Why wouldn't people want to live somewhere like that?

Sounds like you have only been to the nice areas then if the worst you got was a few Europeans pointing fingers at you.

Londons a shit hole full of scumbags, players can afford to go where they want to to shop, the main attraction for them going there Imo is they can walk down the street without being bothered, I remember guillit saying when he joined Chelsea it was the only place he could walk the street without being hounded by fans.

Man city have shown in recent years that money means more to players then location, I wouldn't be against us offering Sanchez better terms then arsenal.

• Upvote 2

Why should I give it a rest and see what happens? I express my opinion. Isn't that the point of internet football forums?

My opinion is that the "London" excuse is hilarious bullshit. So why don't you give it a rest with your bullshit instead?

Van Persie, Nasri, Fabregas,, Sagna, Toure, Clichy and many others were all very very happy to fuck off from London and Arsenal.

See what Arsenal offers and offer Sanchez more money and a better contract overall. He will be thrilled to sign for us.