You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

38 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just watching Pilgrimage: Road To Istanbul on BBC2. 

A handful of "celebrities" of different faiths/lack of faith join up to hike half of the Ottoman era Sultan's Trail, from Belgrade to Istanbul. They take in different religions and cultures and historic sites of past clashes between religions. 

Twenty minutes in and it's quite interesting. 

If it goes to form, the second half will be better. 

On 04/03/2021 at 18:36, Duff Man said:

Anyone seen The Terror? Looks the kind of thing I'd enjoy (if done well).

I've just watched this and thought it was really good. I always find shows more interesting of they are loosely based on a true story.  It's pretty authentic, although obviously its quite grim and it's a pretty bleak tale.

It's worth a watch if you like things like the Chernobyl TV series?

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

I've just watched this and thought it was really good. I always find shows more interesting of they are loosely based on a true story.  It's pretty authentic, although obviously its quite grim and it's a pretty bleak tale.

It's worth a watch if you like things like the Chernobyl TV series?

Yeah enjoyed Chernobyl, and have a vague interest in explorer type stuff, too. Might give it a go.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rb14 said:

We finished it yesterday. The final episode was really difficult. I've said it before, you can judge a country by how it treats its elderly and how it treats its prisoners.

One thing is for sure, we absolutely COULD NOT BEAR that fucking Oprah interview that's also available. Jesuschristonabike what a disgrace. Yeah right Oprah, you're the right person to do the interview, that's the right format, it's a perfect forum and absolutely gives a proper voice to these men and does justice to this terrible miscarriage of justice. Hang on, no, that's not right. No. It really really doesn't do ANY of those things At all. 

It did make me press Mr rb14 to start the ball rolling on collating all the relevant bits of one of his finest moments; an unbelievable case he took on some years ago. Another apalling miscarriage of justice needless to say. It's got a Netflix-type series written all over it. I don't care whether that's where it goes; it's worth doing just to stick on YouTube, or better yet, a YouTube-esque platform.

The last episode is up there with peak TV, maybe even sopranos and the wire. Although those shows did it consistently of course. That actually reads disrespectful as this isn’t just entertainment it’s peoples lives.

Regarding Oprah, at first I cringed and switched it off but you’ve just got to remember they’re in America. Loads of applause and back slapping but as others on here recommended, it brings it all together.

Cheesy but she’s alright, Oprah.

Couldn’t make my mind up

about the real Korey? High as a kite or damaged? Maybe learning difficulties?

Any is understandable.

On 18/03/2021 at 22:50, Shooter in the Motor said:

Behind Her Eyes - Netflix. There are worse shows out there, there are better shows out there. As a British production, it beats most of the BBC/ITV eyeball fodder for the masses but not a patch on the TV  for the connoiseur. 6/10. The last episode is batshit crazy, with a Stephen King style twist.

It was enjoyable and pretty good. It didn’t have legs though. Definitely eyeball fodder but really good too at times. The ending was terrible and I actually switched off the last episode half way through (although later watched it.) I don’t think they thought the ending through.

Servant: Season 2 - 8.5/10. Weird, unsettling mix of psychological thriller and the supernatural, all set in one location and bite-size 30 to 40 minute chunks. I’m not sure that there is anything else like it out there at the moment. 

18 hours ago, Elite said:

Not seem many mentions of Snowfall season 4 on here. I'm 3 episodes in and it's great, a lot darker than previous seasons though.

Best thing on the telly atm.

Just watched episode 5, another cracking episode. Really pleased this series has slightly veered away from the CIA angle and it's more Franklin-centric / back on the street.

Consistently excellent.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Anubis said:

Servant: Season 2 - 8.5/10. Weird, unsettling mix of psychological thriller and the supernatural, all set in one location and bite-size 30 to 40 minute chunks. I’m not sure that there is anything else like it out there at the moment. 

Was just about to post about that. I thought season 1 was ok, season 2 though for me was just annoying and fucking shit. Some of the acting from the woman who played Dorothy and that ginger tit from Harry potter was truly awful. I don't think I can give it more than a 5. I won't be watching season 3 that's for sure. 

47 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just watched episode 5, another cracking episode. Really pleased this series has slightly veered away from the CIA angle and it's more Franklin-centric / back on the street.

Consistently excellent.

Doesn't get the coverage it deserves. Would be massive if it was on Netflix or Prime.

Barry S2 - 8.5/10

Continued the high standard it set in season 1. Cracking show. I'm glad to see the brilliant Noho Hank character has gained a bit of a cult following, it's one of the few times that a questionable accent adds to the appeal of a character.

• Upvote 2

On 19/03/2021 at 19:45, Elite said:

Not seem many mentions of Snowfall season 4 on here. I'm 3 episodes in and it's great, a lot darker than previous seasons though.

21 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Consistently excellent.

I think we watched the first two or maybe three episodes. My missus went into hospital for an op and has then spent the last week and a half recovering, so the episodes are building up for a decent binge. Can’t wait. I think I’ll probably wait until after this week’s one goes out. 

• Upvote 2

On 19/12/2020 at 20:57, Barrington Womble said:

I've just finished "The Flight Attendant" from HBO max. I really enjoyed it and I thought the bird off big bang carried her role well. 8/10. 

It's on Sky. We started it last night and a good indicator is that we immediately watched the second episode. Quirky and interesting so far. However, given that my comments on films should never be taken seriously, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what I say.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, rb14 said:

It's on Sky. We started it last night and a good indicator is that we immediately watched the second episode. Quirky and interesting so far. However, given that my comments on films should never be taken seriously, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what I say.

Watched the first one last night. Her hotness helped but I thought it was average. I’ll persevere though...

20 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Some deviants I know are downloading torrents of Snowfall. I'd never do that myself though.

Asking for an avalanche behaviour, that.