You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If you have

Killjoy

There. -100. Good.

Nope - some good samaritan has been repping the sauna-dwelling one.

I think Killjoy's right, we should win the league.  If we can bring in a Portugese winger in the summer, replace Rodgers with Paul Lambert, stop coaching Strurridge, drop that Brazilian lad he's never seen, bring back Voronin, kill Lucas and make Agger captain.

If not, I won't even celebrate if we win it this year.

• Upvote 2

This thread is nice confirmation for anyone who was harbouring thoughts of missing Code (was there anyone?) The place has been so much better recently, and this thread just confirms the shit one-eyed trouble making bullshit that he brings. Myopic nonsense that serves no purpose or good other than for a dose of "look at me!!!"

Long live TLW.

• Upvote 5

The top scorer and the runner up in the league with both scoring more than 20 goals each, should you not expect to win the league?

People are still talking about getting 4th as some kind of goal, 4th is already secured as Spurs will never catch us, I'll be bitterly disappointed if we dont win the league.

Its on.

I cant think of any team ending up with the two highest goalscorers in the league not winning it.

Believe.

I'm thinking Chelsea will get a real striker in next season and Pellegrini will have adopted better to the league, while the mancs probably will get a good manager in.

This year is our best chance the way I see it.

I dont think it will take that much at all, if a team gets 82 points I'm sure they will win the title.

They will both lose 3 points against us.

Its a thread where its pointed out that when you have the two top scorers in the league you are usually guarenteed to win it so people should shift focus from 4th to 1st.

Expectations are usually formed by earlier experiences, I cant think of a team with the two top goalscorers in the league not winning the league before.

We have a great chance of doing it because of this, just take it all in and stop looking over your shoulder.

Goals are the key, we have two players who both guarentee goals, no one else have that.

What a terribly negative thread, how dare this person trying to highlight one reason why we should expect to win the league and because of the reason highlighted should have a better chance than any of the teams we are battling with.

Burn him, burn him with fire.

• Downvote 1

I think it is because we all know what comes next if Liverpool do not win the title Code.  

We are unlikely to win it  as despite having the top 2 goalscorers, there is a big gap between our best players and our worst.  We still have plenty of average players getting regular games.  Added to that, we have no depth to the squad.  We cannot compare in that regard to Chelsea or City.  

We could win it, and it would be the greatest achievement since Shankly first won it imo.  If we don't win it, Rodgers will still have done an excellent job.  

• Upvote 7

What a terribly negative thread, how dare this person trying to highlight one reason why we should expect to win the league and because of the reason highlighted should have a better chance than any of the teams we are battling with.

Burn him, burn him with fire.

Did anyone else read the last line as BUM him with fire?

Anyone remember the old Shankly Gates forum when it was part of the Rivals network? There were posters called Tadees and MSMS who were of the opinion that anything less than winning every game without conceding a goal and scoring every time we touched the ball represented unforgivable failure. It's deja vu all over again.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think this is an attempt to shift the perspective on what's considered progress. Regardless of what happens, a top four finish will be seen as a massive step forward. Not winning the title won't go down as a dissapoinrment on the part of the manager, because winning it would be perhaps the biggest achievement in the club's history. If not, one of them.

This manager has done an exceptional job. All this 'Rodgers is naive' bollocks spouted by Code and others has proven to be cock-eyed nonsense by people with an inbuilt dislike of him. If we do win it, the fuckers don't deserve to celebrate it.

• Upvote 4

I wanted a real push for fourth this year, so everything else has seemed like a massive bonus. Perhaps that's small time thinking, but one of the reasons I'm not getting too carried away with title talk is because I don't want to get sucked down the rabbit hole of ifithadntabinfer and finger pointing come the end of the season.

By almost any benchmark we've excelled this season, and done so whilst playing some of the most entertaining, free scoring football in Europe.

• Upvote 1

When the season started I thought we had a good chance for 4th, given no European football and a relatively easy start. I never thought about winning the league.

But if you ask me today, March 4th,  yeah, I'd be disappointed if we don't win the league. I think we're good enough right now to do it. We're certainly good enough to beat City, Chelsea and Spurs at home, so why shouldn't we think we can win the league?