You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Third of the Season Gone...

AngryOfTuebrook

...what are your predictions for the top and bottom?

I think the top 6 are going to be pretty close, but I see it finishing

1. Chelsea  - Strong squad and competent manager

2. Man City - By the force of sheer firepower

3. Arsenal  -  Despite an inevitable midwinter blip

4. Liverpool - Recovering from a horrible December

5. Man Utd - The Chosen One!

6. Spurs - Money well spent

The relegated three will be

- Crystal Palace

- Norwich City

- Hull City (beating Liverpool is not necessarily a sign of being any good!)

1. Arsenal, They look much better than they have for a long time.

2. Man City, Amazing at home, once they pick it up away they will really kick on.

3. Chelsea They have been really poor so far, yet they are still second in the league!

4. Liverpool If we can come through December in the top four, then I think we can hold on.

5. Man United The dullest and most negative United team of the last 27 years!

6. Everton, Benefiting from a manager that likes a team to play football.

7. Spurs Despite spending all the money they haven't even come close to replacing Bale

8. Southampton, A very underrated squad and a talented manager. 

Relegated;

Crystal Palace, No chance even under Pulis

Sunderland, not enough fight or quality in the squad. 

Stoke, another Mark Hughes special.

How honest do you want it. We have practically fluked through the first third of season. We got lucky on opening day with the peno save as normally that would of gone in. We have played well in a few games but have been lucky in a few to.

The first time any pressure on the team was today knowing they had to win. So they lose its something we good at when it all points to being a good day along come the worst team in the league and beat us 3-1.

Anyone who thinks top 4 place needs to wake up and smell the coffee 7th or. 8th place and thats at best.

• Upvote 1

How honest do you want it. We have practically fluked through the first third of season. We got lucky on opening day with the peno save as normally that would of gone in. We have played well in a few games but have been lucky in a few to.

The first time any pressure on the team was today knowing they had to win. So they lose its something we good at when it all points to being a good day along come the worst team in the league and beat us 3-1.

Anyone who thinks top 4 place needs to wake up and smell the coffee 7th or. 8th place and thats at best.

If thats the outcome  at the end of the season then the manager will have to go. And i fully expect he will if thats the result.

• Upvote 1

If thats the outcome  at the end of the season then the manager will have to go. And i fully expect he will if thats the result.

He needs to sort out what the  hell Henderson is doing in his non exsistent midfield postiton. He needs to find a place for Gerrard as well. That midfield will not get you goals. To top it off what the fuck has Johnson been doing the last two games as it isnt playing football. 

We rely far too much on Suarez, but he is that good I think he can be the difference.

Despite losing today we are still ahead of all our main rivals for the fourth champions league spot. 

Now that Sturridge is out, Suarez will be in for a physical beating, especially as the shite we call a midfield will offer zero support to his efforts. He'll be off in January if his a) wife, b) agent, c) priest, has any concern for his well being.

I'm pretty sure that he will be signing a new contact very soon.

I'd agree though he has to go if we are 7th or 8th this season, because Suarez will definitely, and quite rightly be off and it means we will have tailed off completely despite not being in Europe! FSG have already set a precedent by sacking Dalglish for this reason.   

... but it won't be.  

Lets hope so.

The transfer dealings look a mess so far. We have too many centre halves than we know what to do with, when the centre of midfield needed serious investment. We never have a settled back 4 .

We looked all over the place today, and we looked all over the place in the second half last week.

Rodgers gets the chance to address these problems soon enough though when we take on a woeful Norwich side at home.

I read joke on the echo's website, in the rumours' section that FSG are desperate to sign Rodgers on a new five year contract. On the basis of what? What exactly have we achieved 18 months and 3 transfer windows after his appointment?

Any institution which bases its strategy on rational decision making would wait until the end of the season to make any decision on the matter.

I never understood FSG's logic or their decision making. Having said that, from a Strategy strandpoint, Liverpool F.C. has been a joke the past 15 years.

I read joke on the echo's website, in the rumours section that FSG are desperate to sign Rodgers on a new five year contract. On the basis of what? What exactly have we achieved 18 months and 3 transfer windows after his appointment?

Any institution which bases its strategy on rational decision making would wait until the end of the season to make any decision on the matter.

I never understood FSG's logic or their decision making. Having said from a Strategy point of view, Liverpool F.C. has been a joke the past 15 years.

Couldnt agree more.

Give the manager a new contract at the end of the season, when the trophies have been handed out and the season can be judged a success or failure.

• Upvote 1

Have always felt 5th or 6th is where we'll most likely finish. I think the top 4 will be some combo of Arsenal, City, Chelsea, and United but I have no idea of the order, just too fluid this year. Would be very surprised to see Arsenal finish on top unless they make another massive signing in Jan.

No longer convinced we'll finish ahead of Everton.

I've read this 'lucky' tag more than once over the past few days. I don't get it.

Today - Hull's first goal took just about the jammiest deflection you could wish to see. The 3rd was just horrendous luck to hit Skrtel like that. 8 times out of 10 that would have not gone in.

Last week - Mirallas should have had 5 yellow cards before he supplied the 3rd goal for Lukaku. Were we lucky then too?

Arsenal a few weeks back - Cazorla happened to run into the space where his header rebounded off the post. A great finish but fuck me you've rubbed a rabbits foot a few times to get the ball to land like that.

And we have been lucky?

Fuck off with that shite. We've had more than our fair share of unfortunate incidents lately.

• Upvote 3

Have always felt 5th or 6th is where we'll most likely finish. I think the top 4 will be some combo of Arsenal, City, Chelsea, and United but I have no idea of the order, just too fluid this year. Would be very surprised to see Arsenal finish on top unless they make another massive signing in Jan.

No longer convinced we'll finish ahead of Everton.

United struggled again today. Spurs should have been three up when Rooney got the first equaliser against the run of play today.

Under Moyes they are a shadow of the team from last year.