You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest atk

Ortiz had back spasms.

Cheers. Keeping an eye on 3 games tonight via Gameday. Marlins @ Braves, Cards @ Pirates & Blue Jays @ Red Sox.

Atlanta's inability to hit with runners in scoring position is already rearing its ugly head after just 2 innings. Frustrating.

Rays lost, most of Pawtucket is now playing for the Sox and Wake's 200th is won and done as it's 14-5. Good night.

They keep adding runs, 18-5 now. 7 runs so far in the 8th inning, 5 of which were with 2 outs.

Cards beat the Pirates 6-4. The Braves are just about to wrap up a victory as well. 7-1 up, top of the 9th, 2 out.

EDIT: Braves win 7-1.

Red Sox v Blue Jays at Fenway right now. Blue Jays up 2-0 after the 1st. Lackey continues to show why he makes $20m plus a year.

really?

ive only started watching baseball this year, and being honest, have only watched about 4 red sox games,

but everytime i watch them, that Lackey fella stinks the fucking place out

as Lisa Simpson would say, "we want a pitcher, not a belly itcher"

really?

ive only started watching baseball this year, and being honest, have only watched about 4 red sox games,

but everytime i watch them, that Lackey fella stinks the fucking place out

as Lisa Simpson would say, "we want a pitcher, not a belly itcher"

It was sarcasm! Although to be fair, although he gave up 2 runs in the 1st, he didn't do that badly otherwise. The really poor inning was from Bard in the 8th when Red Sox were leading 4-2, where he made a couple of errors and effectively gifted 3 runs to the Blue Jays. He was replaced by Papelbon for the 9th, but no further scoring meant the Blue Jays won 5-4.

The Red Sox are giving up an awful lot of runs lately, and it's only putting pressure on the guys with the bat. The batting line-up has been weakened with Ortiz out following back spasms, and Youkilis playing but in need of a hernia op.

I only starting following baseball this year too, and decided to nail my colours to the good ship Red Sox. I have no affinity with anywhere in the US, but since FSG are involved at Boston, it made it worthwhile to follow the Red Sox and see how decision making at the top could impact that OTHER side I follow.

6 home runs for the Giants so far and it's only the top of the 5th. We've gone from not being able to score to doing it for fun.

8 wins in a row now for the Giants. Too little, too late?

Wild Card races are hotting up, and some...

Rays 2 games behind the Red Sox now in the AL. In the NL, the Cards & Giants are 4 games behind the Braves, with the Cards game against the Phillies yet to start tonight.

I swear to God if I see another John Lackey start again I'll fucking throw my laptop through the window.

John Fuckin' Lackey! He makes so angry that it's not healthy. Would it kill the Red Sox not to give teams a 2-3 run start in the 1st inning? I'm sick of this team now, they don't deserve to go into the playoffs and even if they did, they're so fragile now that they'd probably get swept anyway. The season has just been smoldering, then burning and now is a raging fire and no one can put it out.

Ditch Lackey, Crawford, Drew and get in a pitcher who can actually hit the strike zone and someone who can actually get on base. As David Ortiz said not four hours ago, "fuck this shit".

Only the Wild Cards to be decided as Texas, Arizona & Milwaukee all clinched their respective divisions today.

The Red Sox and Braves are still in the driving seat for playoff berths via the Wild Card, with Boston 2.5 games ahead of the Rays, and the Braves 3 games clear of St. Louis.