You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm gonna' be a Dad!

Carradona

The wife and I take it in turns at the weekend, so one gets a lie-in on the Saturday, the other one on the Sunday.

I'm still normally up by 8.30am on my lie-in morning however, unless I've been out on the piss the night before.

Which is another increasingly rare occurrence once a sprog arrives...

We do the same, however its surprising how often I do both days.

My body clock is weird in the sense that I pretty much waken up between 8.45am-9am every single day, regardless of what time I get to bed. I allow myself to stay in bed until about 10am on a Saturday and Sunday but I'm not one who likes to laze around in bed all morning. 

Cheers for all the well wishes. I genuinely wish it would all just hurry up and happen tomorrow so I could meet my new best friend!

My body clock is weird in the sense that I pretty much waken up between 8.45am-9am every single day, regardless of what time I get to bed. I allow myself to stay in bed until about 10am on a Saturday and Sunday but I'm not one who likes to laze around in bed all morning. 

*guffaw*...ahem......*exhales slowly*

Sorry, that just got me.

I genuinely hope everything goes well mate, still a long time to go and never take anything for granted, you are blessed to have the chance to be a father.

My biggest and best piece of advice between now and February is to watch tons of films with your missus at night, undisturbed, and go out and get bladdered and have her make you a fry-up the next day, oh, and go on a short holiday somewhere fucking nice as well.  Because your habits will soon be incredibly hard to keep up, and your ability to say 'shall we just do something/go somewhere' will vanish overnight in February 2014.

Game changer.  Lovely, beautiful, cuddly, precious game changer.  ^_^

• Upvote 1

Congrats. Goodbye sex life, sleep, eating anything that you can't microwave in 2 mins or less, etc etc.

Being a dad is the greatest thing ever, so you learn to ignore that stuff. Especially when the little buggers give a giggle or a smile just for you.

Then again, I have a 14 yr old daughter, a just turned 4 yr old daughter, a 2 yr old daughter and a son who is almost 8 months. Finally got a proper one after failing the first 3 tries so I can stop now.

I'm 43 but have probably aged 20 years in the last 4!

• Upvote 1

That's the worst, watching your small 'un with a bad fever.

Fucking hate it when they're ill, worry, Christ, not the word for it.

When they're well and draining the life out of you you wish they'd just slow down for a minute and then when they do when they're sick its just the worst