You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Centre Back please Brendan

Gym Beglin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a DM would be our priority right now followed by a centre back.

Two 1-0 games and you keep repeating the sad stuff about DM. Our defense has been as sound as it gets. We'd just need to score more goals. Sure, Lucas needs competition, but I'd think if he gets injured, the cover is Toure. Then the priority is another CB and and an attacking player that frees Coutinho to do what he wants to do.

If family can't tell you then who can?

Agger is better than this and we need to be able to rotate him out when he's not performing. Right now he's a utter liability, he almost sabotaged the win, just lost his head.

You've been parched all summer for a scapegoat.

Save it for the suits. Much healthier.

Why do people post this shite whenever people have a moan?

Would you call that having a moan?

I'd call it being silly.

2 games in, 2 clean sheets, 6 points but people want perfection.

Need to pick your spots better, Tone.

Two 1-0 games and you keep repeating the sad stuff about DM. Our defense has been as sound as it gets. We'd just need to score more goals. Sure' date=' Lucas needs competition, but I'd think if he gets injured, the cover is Toure. Then the priority is another CB and and an attacking player that frees Coutinho to do what he wants to do.[/quote']

Really? You expect toure to be the dm if Lucas gets injured? We didn't have a sound defense today, we were just really lucky that they didn't score against us and that mignolet did really good.

I can't see who we would kick out of the starting 11 if we get another attacking player, there's already no space for sterling borini and ibe and that's excluding Suarez. When suarez returns we'll probably be taking out Henderson and leave coutinho with either of sterling/ibe/hendo as the players for the last slot, with sturridge/aspas as CF.

We need a quality replacement for Skrtel who Rodgers clearly doesn't rate. This would put positive pressure on Agger.

On the upside, Kolo Toure on a free transfer looks the finest bit of business since some cuntish European pioneers gave Native Americans $24 worth of trinkets for Manhattan Island.

When we were good, we got up 1-0 and shut teams down. That wasn't exactly the case today.

Yes, the last 15 minutes were not as it was then. More to do with the 3 forwards stopping pressing than the midfield stopping dong their job. That's where we need better players.

We need a quality replacement for Skrtel who Rodgers clearly doesn't rate. This would put positive pressure on Agger.

On the upside, Kolo Toure on a free transfer looks the finest bit of business since some cuntish European pioneers gave Native Americans $24 worth of trinkets for Manhattan Island.

th_368002712_kolo_122_77lo.jpg

If family can't tell you then who can?

Agger is better than this and we need to be able to rotate him out when he's not performing. Right now he's a utter liability, he almost sabotaged the win, just lost his head.

management 101, is there any way possible this information can be passed on to brendan?

When we were good' date=' we got up 1-0 and shut teams down. That wasn't exactly the case today.[/quote']

Aside from 2 chances I don't recall villa troubling us 2nd half. Even under Rafa when we could camp our whole team as a massive defensive wall if we went in front away for home it would be unusual to restrict the opposition to less than that. I though we were pretty untroubled today.

I think we need to sign a centre back as the manager doesn't trust skrtel and I have no issue if that person is then the best center back at the club and relegates toure or agger, but I think the players in possession of the shirts at the moment are doing a good job.

We have a dilemma at centre half because Papadopoulos is clearly our number 1 target but he's not fit. That means we can either go for a 2nd choice target like Sakho or stick with Skrtel for the time being in the hope that the Greek gets fit by January.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think we'll need two over the next two windows anyway, with Skrtel and Coates leaving. Papadopoulos and Abdennour would do me just fine. Or Sakho. There are a few out there.

I don't think Agger has been anywhere near as bad as the op is suggesting, but I have to say he is the weediest header of a ball that I have ever seen at centre half. The late Benteke chance came from a header of his that barely travelled 10 yards & there was one in the first half that looked like a case ball coming off blancmange.

Really? You expect toure to be the dm if Lucas gets injured? We didn't have a sound defense today, we were just really lucky that they didn't score against us and that mignolet did really good.

I can't see who we would kick out of the starting 11 if we get another attacking player, there's already no space for sterling borini and ibe and that's excluding Suarez. When suarez returns we'll probably be taking out Henderson and leave coutinho with either of sterling/ibe/hendo as the players for the last slot, with sturridge/aspas as CF.

Rodgers wants a more established winger so that we can use Sterling and Ibe as cover rather than start one of them. Aspas looks to be a good player but if we can get someone in better than him (or even just more comfortable on the wing) then he's the perfect cover/competition for Sturridge. Suarez will likely be deployed on the left or right, depending on if we get a good winger in and what side he plays since the manager has said he wants a left-winger, I believe he'd prefer to play Suarez on the right.

Henderson would get dropped for the new man right now in most games. I like his energy and he's shown he can deliver a good cross and finish well when he gets in positions to do so but he doesn't do that often. I'd feel much better with him coming off the bench than Allen especially against larger sides. In the short time he was on today I saw the ball go just over his head on more than one occasion, you can argue he should be jumping but for me he just looked well smaller than everyone else around him.

I would like a new CB so that Agger has to look over his shoulder when he makes silly mistakes but I don't see the need for another DM because Henderson can play there if need be so long as we have a better option from the start. Lucas was fine today bar a few instances in the second half and to be honest the whole team looked like they smoked a carton of ciggies at half time for some reason.

I think we'll need two over the next two windows anyway, with Skrtel and Coates leaving. Papadopoulos and Abdennour would do me just fine. Or Sakho. There are a few out there.

Yea I think that's what will happen as well. I've never seen (or even heard of) Abdennour, but Sakho and Papa would be perfect in my opinion. Papa would most likely instantly replace Toure if/when he's fit and Sakho looked (when he played) like he could at the very least challenge Agger. I think we'll end up with Sakho this window and try to sign Papa again in January.

Still we were crying out for another option in the second half, which was compounded once Coutinho and Aspas started to fade. So with that said I can see why a quality winger is the top priority for Rodgers.

Agger could have given away a penalty, he got caught fucking around on the edge of the area, and he gave away two or three wanky free kicks deep in our half that on another day could have caused real problems.

We needed, and expected, a calm head from one of our most senior players and we didn't get it. That's a big issue with Agger and Skrtel, their individual mistakes destroy their confidence for the rest of the game. Top pro's draw a line under it and recover in-game.

When Agger is on song he's a joy. When he's off form he's a problem.

We have a dilemma at centre half because Papadopoulos is clearly our number 1 target but he's not fit. That means we can either go for a 2nd choice target like Sakho or stick with Skrtel for the time being in the hope that the Greek gets fit by January.

We shouldnt be even bothering with Papadopolous with the injuries he has sustained even if he is fit until jan.