You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Subtle signs that someone is probably a headcase

Section_31

13 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

The woman in my work who has spent the whole of last week telling anyone that would listen that she's off after yesterday to go to the lakes for a week for a relaxing 'digital detox'.

Just the three Facebook posts so far;  the setting off in the car selfie, the arrived at their lodge update and now 'date night with this one' post and picture from the restaurant/pub.

Let me guess, she has a Facebook profile with new at the end of her name or her middle name instead of a surname.

Eg. Liane Marie New

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

Let me guess, she has a Facebook profile with new at the end of her name or her middle name instead of a surname.

Eg. Liane Marie New

She doesn't, but wouldn't have surprised me, she's almost a living checklist of all things that scream cunt.

As a rule I don't accept requests from anyone that has 'new' in their profile name.

On 12/08/2023 at 10:04, Nelly-Matip said:

Someone on a forum who negs a post from 6 years ago. At 5 o’clock in the morning. 

I hope they seek help. I’m genuinely concerned for their wellbeing. 

I was going to beg this, but have instead set an alarm for 5am on the 12th of august 2029 so I can do it then

On 12/08/2023 at 13:08, Nelly-Matip said:

Talk me through the process of how you came to be reading posts from around 6 years ago at around 5 in the morning? I’m eager to find out the thought process behind it all. You surely must agree that it’s a tiny bit weird?

I constantly read this forum when I can’t sleep and often end up reading and repping old posts from years ago. Would you question a rep from 6 years back too?

• Upvote 1

Attitudes towards money 

I know a few who would rather have 100% of 300 quid than 50% of an asset like a house

Or would fly via the most painstaking route to save a tenner

I would add to this people who have an over reliance on their family. We all need some help occasionally but I know some who can't get a new tyre on a car without enlisting the family. The more reliance rhe less real world exposure so it is a spiral 

People that won't stop going on about attitudes towards money...

On 12/08/2023 at 19:16, Liverpool lad said:

Attitudes towards money 

I know a few who would rather have 100% of 300 quid than 50% of an asset

1 hour ago, Liverpool lad said:

Attitudes towards money 

I know a few who would rather have 100% of 300 quid than 50% of an asset like a house

I would add to this people who have an over reliance on their family. We all need some help occasionally but I know some who can't get a new tyre on a car without enlisting the family. The more reliance rhe less real world exposure so it is a spiral 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Carrying mints.

I’ve gone off ale so much in the last couple of years that I’ve taken to carrying extra strong mints to have between pints. People have asked how I can drink lager and eat mints at the same time. I don’t know the answer but for whatever reason it helps the beer go down better. I don’t have mints on me at any time other than when I’m going the pub. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve gone off ale so much in the last couple of years that I’ve taken to carrying extra strong mints to have between pints. People have asked how I can drink lager and eat mints at the same time. I don’t know the answer but for whatever reason it helps the beer go down better. I don’t have mints on me at any time other than when I’m going the pub. 

I can relate to this a little, I still drink but I'm always struggling to pick something I fancy, I even switch now between shorts and Pints through a night out and i've never done that before.

On 18/08/2023 at 21:49, Liverpool lad said:

Attitudes towards money 

Some fella i used to work with would go to places and go via all mad routes to save around £100. He had two young kids and would subject them to this. 

He went to Florida once and went Liverpool-Jersey-Gatwick-Madrid then to Orlando. I asked him how much cheaper it was and he said about £200. Even when he goes to Spain he won't go direct unless its about 30 return. You're basically knackered when you get there and when you come home you must need to take another 2 days off to recover.