You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Golfers

Mathewbet1

I have really got into it and play as much as I can . Still pretty shit though .

I can play and get 9 points or I can play and 35& . No consistency at all

I enquired about joining local golf club but it just seems to be full of 1000000 senior members playing in four balls . As well as members of the public walking across looking for golf balls not caring about the fact you are waiting to tee off .

Ps. Follow golfclubwankers on twitter .

I like to play golf, but I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like. My handicap is 5. It went up from 4 fairly recently.

The best golf improvement tip I ever received was about three weeks ago. It turns out I was holding my hands out too far from my body. This meant that I was swinging 'off plane' so I was slightly cutting across the ball on impact. Too many of my shots were fading and losing distance. Once I got my swing 'on plane' (and simply moving my hands closer to my body helped to do this) the trajectory was more piercing, giving me more distance.

I am pretty much in the same boat as Grazzy i can play well and score decent points or I can score low.

As I am under 30 i joined Ecclestone Park for 12 months last year at half price, I enjoyed it but its still a fair amount of money if you dont play 3-4 times a week in the summer.

I have played twice in TLW golf day that used to happen i think i have 2 very good wooden spoons from those events....Would love Dave to sort one again.

Play off 16. Like everybody can have good days when I think I've cracked it followed by shockers when I want to chuck the clubs away. Played quite a bit this summer. Fair amount of it being links golf which I think has a tendency to fuck my swing up!!!

Would love to get into single figures but just don't think I play regularly enough to get that consistency. Best tip I've had is sorting my grip out. Used to be too 'strong' and much more neutral now which has allowed more consistent ball striking for me.

Played golf since i was about 10 with my dad. Used to be a bit like everyone else hit one good shot duffed the next 3, heavy/topped shanked, then hit another decent shot, the most frustrating game in the world. Started really paying attention to the game when i was mid twenties, watched videos about the game and instead of swinging the club like an idiot started changing my game gradually, first the grip then the stance then the tempo.Used to go over to bowring park golf club an hour or so before it got dark and practise with a couple of clubs, always concentrating on the basics. Anyway got handicap down to 12 but have had a few great rounds, shot a 68 at allerton,its not a long course but it still takes some doing.

I had'nt played golf for 4 years then went over to play a 9 hole course where i live now, not swung a club in anger for what seemed like an age, anyway after 3 holes i was 2 under par, thats when i started thinking about what i was doing, everything went tits up after that,so alot of it is in your head. Dont over burden your head with too many thoughts on your swing, just concentate on 1 or 2 things at a time otherwise you'll never achieve squat.

Have 2 or 3 swing thoughts and alternate them you'll soon train through muscle memory takes a while though. I was the same with regards to inconsistency . My main problem is that I drive the ball a long way 270-280 so every miss cued drive almost always results in a lost ball or in the trees! I went back to fundamentals - Start with the grip and your address. You must sort your grip and make it as neutral as possible then work up. You tube has been a god send with regard to instruction videos for me.

The best way to learn is to watch pro's with easy swings, the kind of swings that you watch and think 'i can do that'. When i changed my game i watched 3 players Ian woosnam,steve elkington and tom purtzer, these 3 had the easiest,smoothest and most uncomplicated swing out there. If you watch them on you tube you can see that the speed/tempo of the swing is key,they dont try and smash the ball as hard as they can, its all about being smooth and getting the timing right.

Ive seen too many lads on the range hitting a 100 balls as hard as they can with hardly any decent shots amongst them. You are better hitting 50 balls and

thinking about 2 or 3 swing thoughts and trying to improve on them.

Not got to play much at all this year really.

The best tip I've got is to take more pro-lessons, just a shame I hardly do.

Got my HC down to 14,4 now and my aim is to become a single HC'r, it will hopefully happen next year or the year after that.

Play twice a week and love it. Gets me away from the stresses of work and family.

Love playing great courses (just back from a couple of rounds at St Mellion) although most are very unforgiving. Currently off 10 but want to get into single figures.

Best tip is just to keep the ball in play, if you can't hit your driver, learn to hit your 3 wood or 2 iron off the tee.

• 2 years later...

Anyone played Woburn?

Been invited. All expenses. Flight, two nights hotel, dinner, lift to and from airport.

Dont want to sound like a spoilt bastard but do not know if I could be arsed with getting flight bags for clubs, packing and the inevitable pricks that will be there as part of the group. Watching the Ladies open and it does look good.

You'd be a prick not to.

I like the sound of the course mate but I usually go out on my own or with mates on good links courses blowing a gale and the most you can get in the clubhouse is a tin of beer in an honesty box, done and dusted in 2-3 hours. Some of the worlds best courses mind.

Not keen on the snobbery side of it and being made to wear a tie etc etc.

Anny Road>Spaulding Smalls

Jeesus.

It is a 1200 mile 3 day trip for a round of golf. With bosses.

I hate flying I hate packing and hate bosses but like golf.

It it was me playing and eating on my own I would drive down tomorrow. Just wondering is the course worth the horrible bits.