You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Celtic - 10/08/13 - Match thread

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The straw clutching has started early this season.

That was all-round dire' date=' hopefully we have it out of our system now.[/quote']

Dire finishing. Should have hit them for six.

Astounding that we still haven't brought in a top class forward and a defender.

Watching Downing on the right, Henderson on the left, Wisdom play at centre back and Allen play as an attacking midfielder makes me wonder how our scouting department and the manager haven't found players that are better than that.

With the only imminent arrival being a pretty hot and cold back up left back, one week before the season starts, it's pretty farcical that we haven't really improved the first team much.

Losing to Celtic's reserves is never good. They're a shit side from an even worse league.

All I've been hearing for a number of years now is poor finishing excuses. If you don't put the ball in the back of the net, you're not playing well.

I would say that that's hopefully out of system now but we've still not seen anyone to come in and improve the first XI and still Brendan favours Joe Allen, despite him offering next to nothing.

We're simply not physical enough at all. Too many midgets and not enough fighters. The English league isn't the place to set your team up like a Spanish side.

Decent work out against a team that have already got competitive games under their belt even if it was their reserves. Thought we we're comfortably the better side. Not bothered by the scoreline.

Still worried that we can't effectively take advantage of purple patches in a match and that in truth we haven't really strengthened our first eleven over the summer. We've added some decent prospects and filled out the squad but we still look like a side fighting for 6th place to me.

Astounding that we still haven't brought in a top class forward and a defender.

Watching Downing on the right, Henderson on the left, Wisdom play at centre back and Allen play as an attacking midfielder makes me wonder how our scouting department and the manager haven't found players that are better than that.

With the only imminent arrival being a pretty hot and cold back up left back, one week before the season starts, it's pretty farcical that we haven't really improved the first team much.

If we start the season with that first team then it will be another long season, how many times last year did you here people say we were great except for our finishing? I think we can manage with the defence but I think we might be easy to play against again unles we get in at least one more real attacker, everything was going through Coutihno which is t a bad thing but it limits us.

Stoke in hoops.

Yep, just lump it up to a big black lad.

Honestly, it's astounding we never tried to counter their entry level tactics, but it's also disappointing that we don't buy Benteke and follow suit from time to time.

That said, it looked like Lucas and Gerrard were running in quicksand.