You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No no I still don't believe it, they are not trying to reduce further the wage bill, it can't be true. FSG wouldn't do that.

It cost more money to sign Mignolet than it would have cost to keep Reina. As it is we decided to move on and couldn't justify a back up keeper on 100k+ a week.

How does that fit in with your dribbling twattery?

According to some reports, reina demanded a move when rodgers told him he would be starting the season as first choice. If that is correct, it looks like reina forced the issue rather than the club.

So how would that equate with Rogers saying it was financial?

Hold on, we spend £9m of a Gk, Rogers says it is for competition for Reina and we are going to have the two of them. The loans out Reina and says its because of finances??? I mean what the fuck you just spent £9m on someone, with a big fat signing on fee and I assume he is not playing for free every week??

Only conclusion I can make is that Pepe is shagging Brendans missus.

He's never liked him from day 1.

Another experienced, captain material player is thrun out, how many players can we get with the £100,000 we just saved?

And youve got people like Numero claiming theres loads to spend. Zero net spend, books are being balanced, when the window slams shut the cheerleaders on here need to take a long cold hard look at themselves, until then we will have 5 weeks of speculation about this player or that but I bet its another zero net spend transfer window.

Why wouldnt we wait and hold an auction for Pepe, even if we only get five mil its five mill plus him off the wage books, whay wouldnt we do that?

Why would we get contact by Napoli about buying him and as they claim we turned around and offered him on loan and to pay towards his wages? Even if we planned on offering that, why would we not tell them to wait and do it on the last day, if no one else comes in with a decent bid?

Why wouldnt we do that? What is the issue? Something very fucking weird going on

Why wouldnt we wait and hold an auction for Pepe' date=' even if we only get five mil its five mill plus him off the wage books, whay wouldnt we do that?

Why would we get contact by Napoli about buying him and as they claim we turned around and offered him on loan and to pay towards his wages? Even if we planned on offering that, why would we not tell them to wait and do it on the last day, if no one else comes in with a decent bid?

Why wouldnt we do that? What is the issue? Something very fucking weird going o[/quote']

Because an auction with only one interested party isn't an auction.

Why is everyone so sure that Reina would have been on the bench? OK, I know Mignolet said in a interview that Brendan had given him certain "promises" to be the 1st goalkeeper, but do we really know if Mignolet can handle the pressure of playing for us? A couple of bloopers or something, then what?

And what about the competition? Surely Mignolet is a lot better then Jones, it will be the same as the last two-three years when Reina only had to show up on training to be able to start the game. Why is it that we need atleast two quality players in each position besides the goalkeeper? Having two good goalkeepers competing would only benefit the team.

Doesn't seem to hurt manure to have two (relatively) good goalkeepers.

Amazing how when people were saying Reina was shit and were getting stick for it and yet not one club is now willing to buy him.

Everyone knows we need rid. Similar to Suarez they can pull our pants down because we have showed everyone our hand.

Rodgers saying getting rid of Pepe due to money is so fucking stupid, other teams must smell blood. We did the same with Insua and Aquilani. Told the world and its mother we wanted rid no matter what.

It cost more money to sign Mignolet than it would have cost to keep Reina. As it is we decided to move on and couldn't justify a back up keeper on 100k+ a week.

How does that fit in with your dribbling twattery?

Exactly the fact it cost us more to buy mignolet and loan Reina out then it would have to just keep Reina should make it clear to everyone this is not owners decision.

Or because the Manager wanted Mignolet as he saw him as his long term keeper.

Couldn't possibly be that.

If that's the case perhaps he could stop feeding us contradictory bullshit about how he signed him for competition and then it made financial sense to get rid of Reina. But I'm sure you actually realise I was being somewhat ironic.

Bottom line, for me, is that only the very richest clubs with CL income can afford to pay £110k per week for a reserve goalkeeper to sit on the bench. It's just not a smart use of finances.

We could always have the inferior £60k pre week keeper on the bench or even loan him out.

• Upvote 1