You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Conventional things you find strange.

Kevin D

Sea-faring terms

"I love these people. Put them around boats and water and all of the sudden everything becomes fucking nautical. Astern. Avast you landlubbers. Man the bilge pumps... Pump your fucking ass."

That'll teach you not to drink in Wetherspoons

I love making my own barbecue stuff. My koftas are the dogs bollocks. Quite literally. I got the idea from a Korean cookbook.

Go on, I'm listening

Should we take this to another thread?

And, while we're on the subject, Stig, yours is definitely for another thread....which one, I can't be sure

I bloody love barbecues. I don't care if I am doing the cooking or not. I love the taste of barbecued food. Not just banging some frozen burgers on mind. You have to put a bit of effort in. Well marinaded meat, homemade burgers, corn on the cob. That sort of thing.

Top food. Normally you eat it outside too, but i grill year round, just for the taste and smell.

Not a big fan of marinades to be honest. A decent grill sauce on the other hand is fucking brilliant.

And to whoever said it, not liking barbecues is fucking weird by the way. I can't understand that no matter how hard i try.

Not a big fan of marinades to be honest. A decent grill sauce on the other hand is fucking brilliant.

And to whoever said it, not liking barbecues is fucking weird by the way. I can't understand that no matter how hard i try.

Depends on the meat. I certainly don't marinade everything, as sometimes you just want "meat" flavour. However, my chili marinade for chicken served with blue cheese sauce can make people weep with joy.

New Years Eve. What a load of shite.

The pubs are packed with nobheads, if you get through the door you then have to fight the barbarian horde to reach the bar, then wait patiently until the invisibility spell wears off and the bar staff finally acknowledge your presence. Meanwhile, the mong factory has exploded and spilled its contents all over town, flooding the streets with the mongiest mongs known to man.

But, "we've got to see the new year in", why? Will it turn round and fuck off if we're not there, leaving us stranded in last years shit?

Watching tv for hours every day. It is like that one medium has overruled any kind of common sense and personal choice in people's behaviour. It doesn't have to be on every night and there are many other ways to get information into your head.

I think many people are pissing precious hours of their lifes away becoming stupider and less happy by sitting passively and consuming anything that box churns out. I reckon it is a real relationship killer as well as it stops you from actually relating to each other as you are being numbed by tv.

It is like McDonald's for the brain; immensely satisfying on consumption but leaves you unfulfilled and empty.

The pubs are packed with nobheads, if you get through the door you then have to fight the barbarian horde to reach the bar, then wait patiently until the invisibility spell wears off and the bar staff finally acknowledge your presence. Meanwhile, the mong factory has exploded and spilled its contents all over town, flooding the streets with the mongiest mongs known to man.

But, "we've got to see the new year in", why? Will it turn round and fuck off if we're not there, leaving us stranded in last years shit?

Was going to put this in the have a rant thread, but it can go here.

The way everything in this country has some kind of alcohol component. I find it tiresome and a little worrying. A barbecue for example, usually involves some fat flip-flops wearing cunt walking in with 15 crates of Carling. World Cup and Olympics 'parties' are a relatively recent development, and involve people gathering at someone's house to watch the sport - with alcohol. New Year's Eve obviously, and Halloween has recently become an event to get dressed up in fancy dress and, well, drink. And as for Christmas...

Having pictures of your significant other at your desk is a little fruity, carrying them around in your purse, or wallet, is too much for my little mind to understand. I mean, why?

Imagine your embarrassment if you couldn't recognise them after going for a dump in a restaurant, and sat down at the wrong table. That's why.

Politicians who think their own personal opinion matter.

They are elected on behalf of the people who voted for them and if they change their stance on an issue they should be forced to step down or be imprisoned for the remainder of their period.

I think a politician that doesn't change with circumstances or is open enough to listen to differing arguments to his isn't much cop. Don't think it's as black and white as you're putting it. There should be some mechanism for recall if there is a massive reversal of some stance though.

Breast Feeding.

i just find it weird. Not so much the milk in the titties thing. But the way women, as soon as a wee critter wants to nibble on them, they simply whip their tit out in a weird way that you cant see anything (yet cant take your wandering eye off), and keep on talking as if they where eating a chocolate bar.

Cards, not just Christmas and birthdays. I fucking hate going to card shops and more and more of them seem to open.

My ma used to send about 300 christmas cards to randoms she never used to speak to all year or hadn't seen for years, I just don't understand why people send them and hate the phrase "looks like he/she isn't on your Christmas card list"

There seems to be a card for virtually every occasion these days from weddings to changing your undies, they all cost a fucking bomb, especially Tatty Teddy cards and guess what? The majority of them end up getting binned after a few days.

Cards, not just Christmas and birthdays. I fucking hate going to card shops and more and more of them seem to open.

My ma used to send about 300 christmas cards to randoms she never used to speak to all year or hadn't seen for years, I just don't understand why people send them and hate the phrase "looks like he/she isn't on your Christmas card list"

There seems to be a card for virtually every occasion these days from weddings to changing your undies, they all cost a fucking bomb, especially Tatty Teddy cards and guess what? The majority of them end up getting binned after a few days.

Not a massive fan of them either, but it seems others are bothered about it. A mate of mine I always buy a fairly decent present for but if I don't get him a card he's saying where's my card, apparently it's more personal than a present (work that one out). My tip I learnt from SKI is to buy a multipack of blank cards for any occasion so that you can whack out a card at the last second.

I bought these: Great value greetings card collection. 30 Carbon Neutral 'The Natural World' photographic cards (all different designs). See full product range by entering LUXURY CARD AND GIFT STATIONERY SELECTION in search box.: Amazon.co.uk: Office Product

Amen.

Some bird in the barber's said she paid 90 quid to see Rhianna at the MEN the other day' date=' 90 fucking quid to see a bobbing head about six miles away - I'd pay 90 quid to shag her, but that's about it.[/quote']

Bird on my team paid £400 for twp tickets to see Billy Joel.

Billy fucking Joel.

The way everything in this country has some kind of alcohol component. I find it tiresome and a little worrying. A barbecue for example, usually involves some fat flip-flops wearing cunt walking in with 15 crates of Carling. World Cup and Olympics 'parties' are a relatively recent development, and involve people gathering at someone's house to watch the sport - with alcohol. New Year's Eve obviously, and Halloween has recently become an event to get dressed up in fancy dress and, well, drink. And as for Christmas...

And if you don't join in you're 'boring', like sobriety robs you of personality.

Not a massive fan of them either, but it seems others are bothered about it. A mate of mine I always buy a fairly decent present for but if I don't get him a card he's saying where's my card, apparently it's more personal than a present (work that one out). My tip I learnt from SKI is to buy a multipack of blank cards for any occasion so that you can whack out a card at the last second.

Just tell him you posted it days ago.

Nothing worse than being sober around people who have had a drink, it therefore works like a domino effect - once someone breaks open the wine, you're doomed