You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

And what do you think the phone call could change!?

I just read the full interview on Uruguay blogspot or something, later in interview he's saying he can't make plans with friends in case the call comes, I don't think lfc are going to call him back early for any reason are they.

He also goes on to say his wife's joking about what language hell be speaking and the little fact he sent his agent to club telling them he wants to leave with the names of a few possible clubs.

I just read the full interview on Uruguay blogspot or something, later in interview he's saying he can't make plans with friends in case the call comes, I don't think lfc are going to call him back early for any reason are they.

He also goes on to say his wife's joking about what language hell be speaking and the little fact he sent his agent to club telling them he wants to leave with the names of a few possible clubs.

That is bullshit as for one he is on vacation and wont give any interviews and hasn't done since 9th July. The bottom part you write is taking from his last interview on the 9th July.

The club has said they do not want to sell and he is causing a problem by constantly talking to the press about leaving.He has not put a transfer request in yet because the teams he wants to go to have not bid so its pointless.

Constantly?

Like 3 times in 1 1/2 month you mean while being in his home country and representing his country in the Confederation Cup?

I'm surprised he has not given more if I'm honest as the local press will always want to talk to one of the nations big heroes.

The club has said they do not want to sell and he is causing a problem by constantly talking to the press about leaving.

He quite clearly has an open and good relationship with the Uruguayan press, they ask him would he like to play for Madrid and he talks about how it would be an honour and they are a great club etc, they then ask him about Liverpool, he states that he would give his all should he stay with us and points out that he loves the club and the fans and they mean a lot to him.

The British press then use selective bits of this interview to make it look like he is desperate to leave and largely ignore the bit about us and our fans get into hysterics.

I think he will go, I think if I was in his position that I would want to leave and as long as we get a good deal and use it to improve the side I don't really mind and wish him the best of luck (providing it is abroad)

I just don't see the point in getting all worked up about something that hasn't and might not happen, as things stand he is with us until an offer we can't reject comes in, just like every other player in the squad (90% of them would also fancy a move to Madrid if they were interested) until there is any evidence to suggest he will take some actions that prove detrimental to us I just don't see why the need to turn on him and/or create a big fuss, there was always going to be interest in him this summer and it'd always be tough to keep him, lets just hope we can keep him for another year and in that time his lifestyle in England becomes better (for which to happen he needs to behave himself) and we improve as a team so that he doesn't want to move on for footballing reasons and we can keep him long term

Scouts tapas, have you appointed yourself Luis Suarez' unofficial press officer?

No but I wont stand by and watch a bunch of fans of this club call a player a cunt or a twat based on what the press here say and after being showing proof of what that person actually said.

If they can call him a cunt or twat then what should we be calling these fans taking the word of media here over facts of what somebody has said?

Football Uruguay: INTERVIEW: Luis Suarez on Sport890

This is supposed to be a good translation, he is respectful to Liverpool but it is clear from this interview he is planning to leave.

As for him only doing 3 interviews, how many did we hear from torres and gerrard when he was involved in big speculation.If he isn't trying to force a move keep quiet and the club will accept a bid if they find one acceptable, he has sent his agent to tell them he wants to go, its clear to everyone he is trying to get a move.

No but I wont stand by and watch a bunch of fans of this club call a player a cunt or a twat based on what the press here say and after being showing proof of what that person actually said.

If they can call him a cunt or twat then what should we be calling these fans taking the word of media here over facts of what somebody has said?

I don't see anybody taking the word of what the media in this country are saying. The repeated assertion that anyone who is offended by what he is saying must be a tabloid reading mong is fucking insulting.

I don't know how to make myself any clearer on this point.

Football Uruguay: INTERVIEW: Luis Suarez on Sport890

This is supposed to be a good translation, he is respectful to Liverpool but it is clear from this interview he is planning to leave.

As for him only doing 3 interviews, how many did we hear from torres and gerrard when he was involved in big speculation.If he isn't trying to force a move keep quiet and the club will accept a bid if they find one acceptable, he has sent his agent to tell them he wants to go, its clear to everyone he is trying to get a move.

That website has been used by various people as a translation for what he said. There only putting up a part translation as being used by the media here. Goto a person in Uruguay on FB or twatter and ask them for a translation of what was said.

Thats me finished on all this and like I said if he goes he goes and until there is anything cast iron about him saying something about the champions league or going to a English club , then I prefer to believe the evidence of what he has said up to now.

That's kind of what he made out in the interview I just put up, he says he is ready as soon as the call comes.

He says the blatantly obvious and that if a phone call came he'd have to go out on short notice and talk to a club (if it was one he wanted to go to obviously),thats just the life of a footballer involved in a potential transfer, the way some would have you believing is that he is sat at the phone checking the screen for missed calls every 2 minutes

I really don't have a problem with him leaving. He is better than upper mid table Premier League club - he is easily in the top 5 players in the world.

Like almost everyone else, I want him to stay as he is a hell of a player and I wont call him a cunt etc, however, there is a way of leaving that doesn't leave a bad taste in the mouth. Yes, there are always some who will kick off however it is managed and we will have to accept that. I have no problem with him saying " a club like LFc should be in CL and fighting for honours" He is right, we should be.

The problem I have is the " the club know what I want and I have 3 possible options" Sorry, but he can say he wants CL football as much has he wants, that's his perogative - but he should be saying he only has 1 option ( LFC ) unless we accept a bid for him

Guest San Don
Go look through LB Celeste timeline on twitter. She translates all his interviews in full.

Give 10 translators the same document, film or whatever to translate and, you'll get 10 different versions. The reason being because foreign syntax, gender etc are different to English. Each translator will interpret the content differently.

People saying 'go look at such and such because their translation is different' are missing the obvious. It doesnt mean that interpreter's version is any more correct than others.

Give 10 translators the same document, film or whatever to translate and, you'll get 10 different versions. The reason being because foreign syntax, gender etc are different to English. Each translator will interpret the content differently.

People saying 'go look at such and such because their translation is different' are missing the obvious. It doesnt mean that interpreter's version is any more correct than others.

The main thing is she translates the whole thing and leaves nothing out so you get the context. And she's from Uruguay so knows what he's saying.

Guest San Don
The main thing is she translates the whole thing and leaves nothing out so you get the context. And she's from Uruguay so knows what he's saying.

The point Im making is he \ she will 'interpret' what has been said or written in their own way. Another translator will phrase stuff differently or use different inflection. Stuff getting left out isnt the issue to most people.

The point Im making is he \ she will 'interpret' what has been said or written in their own way. Another translator will phrase stuff differently or use different inflection. Stuff getting left out isnt the issue to most people.

So what you are saying is that if you read something in English you will not really understand what it means?

Explains a lot I guess.

Stuff getting left out can create a false impression. If Gerrard said I'm flattered to be linked to Barca the press wouldn't say he is open to the move. When Suarez says it's nice being linked with Arsenal as it shows others rate me the press report he wants to join Arsenal. From what I read that wasn't what he meant. I formed that opinion by reading the whole interview. Context is important.

So what you are saying is that if you read something in English you will not really understand what it means?

Explains a lot I guess.

Just leave it out, Code72. It's inflammatory and unnecessary. You ruin most conversations you partake in with this sort of crap. We can all disagree without resorting to childish nonsense.

Well, most of us can.

Guest San Don

Explains a lot I guess.

How's those tena lady's fitting, fat lass?

What Im saying is, there are very few direct translations from language to language due to different syntax, verbs etc, etc so, a translation is just that, an approximation of what has been said or written.

Now I know that's hard for you to understand but, deal with it. ;)

Stuff getting left out can create a false impression. If Gerrard said I'm flattered to be linked to Barca the press wouldn't say he is open to the move. When Suarez says it's nice being linked with Arsenal as it shows others rate me the press report he wants to join Arsenal. From what I read that wasn't what he meant. I formed that opinion by reading the whole interview. Context is important.

You can clearly understand what Gerrard means because you speak English like he does. If he spoke German or Spanish, you'd depend on what the translator said he said.

Even if you spoke German or Spanish, you'd have a different interpretation of what he said to the translator.

Given the constant briefing, I think we have all got the message, in any language.