You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool F.C. Cunts.

Dicko

Liverpool Football Club have confirmed a minute's applause will be held prior to Sunday's game with Chelsea in memory of Anne Williams and those affected by the Boston Marathon attacks.

In a show of support to the people of Boston and in memory of Anne, her family have requested a minute of applause be observed before kick off.

Also, as a mark of respect, the players will wear black armbands while the Boston Strong logo will feature around the ground on the LED boards.

Either have it for Anne or don't fucking bother.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, it's hardly in the same league as John Madejski of Reading wanting the minute's silence for Hillsborough to mark the witch's passing also. While I'm sure that the fans will show respect for those affected by what happened in Boston, we all know that Anne Williams will dominate everyone's thoughts anyway.

There are bombings happening almost every day in some country or another. In fact the US is responsible for a great number of bombings that happen around the world. Do we hold a minute's applause for every death caused by bomb attacks?

The minute applause should be for Anne alone.

There are bombings happening almost every day in some country or another. In fact the US is responsible for a great number of bombings that happen around the world. Do we hold a minute's applause for every death caused by bomb attacks?

The minute applause should be for Anne alone.

If the bombing happened in Luis Suarez or Daniel Agger's home town I don't think anyone would object to the club showing some respect. Not everybody likes the owners but they are part of the club whether we like it or not and we should always support our own. Personally I think silence would've been more appropriate but the family requested applause so applause it is.

I don't think it's disrespectful to remember those who lost their lives in Boston at the same time as the tribute for Ann Williams. However, I think having a minute's applause is crass. If you're going to pay respects, have a moment of silent reflection. It's far more dignified.

EDIT: Just read the post above that the family requested a minute's applause. If it's their wishes, then who am I to disagree.

I don't think it's disrespectful to remember those who lost their lives in Boston at the same time as the tribute for Ann Williams. However, I think having a minute's applause is crass. If you're going to pay respects, have a moment of silent reflection. It's far more dignified.

EDIT: Just read the post above that the family requested a minute's applause. If it's their wishes, then who am I to disagree.

And therein lies the problem.

A minutes applause for the heroic efforts of Anne Williams is, in my view, highly appropriate.

Applauding the blowing up and maiming of Bostonians seems perverse.

Mixing sport and politics is dangerous- as the Thatcher death showed.

Did any American sporting events have one minute silences for the 7/7 bombings in London? No.

A minutes applause for the heroic efforts of Anne Williams is, in my view, highly appropriate.

Did any American sporting events have one minute silences for the 7/7 bombings in London? No.

How do you know? Seriously?

Do you realise we had a minutes silence after 9/11?

The Boston attacks happened on Monday, maybe the club had already decided they were going do something before Anne Williams passed away. There are plenty of things to have a go at the club for, this isn't one of them.

The fuck has boston got to do with our club.

Fuckin string these owners up the cheeky fucks, they are laughing in our faces with this shit. Anne is one of ours, people in Boston? WTF??

Fuck it lets have a round of applause for anyone who has ever died ever.

Have these people got neck or what?

I suspect it has something to do with the owners having a connection with Boston, xerxes. A minutes silence would have been appropriate of course for the bombings but they can't overrule Mrs Williams family's wishes can they? And rightly so.

Yeah but, it is though, why should that unrelated shit occupy Anne's slot of remembrance? Why should it be shared with her and us as fans remembering what she did with one random bombing around the world.

Not sure if we had a minutes silence for the Breivik victims despite our large NOrge fanbase.

Its only american lives, american tragedy that should be respected, why dont we all stand and sing 'Amerikkka!'!

hello everyone, i dont usually post on here but i do follow this forum practically everyday.

I had to log in and just say something with regards to this.....

to me the whole thing about being a liverpool fan, to me anyway, was more than the football. As with all of you here, its my life. Part of that to me was giving a fuck about people in general because that's the type of people/club we are.

I am not sure I am comfortable choosing one persons life over another, regardless of where they are from. If people want to do a round of applause for the Boston people and Anne (RIP)then as far as i am concerned that's great.

if you personally think that you only want to do it for anne then thats your right and I certainly wouldnt judge anyone for that, and no one else should.

To me I would rather celebrate peoples lives than do anything mournful so no i don't think its inappropriate.

Xerxes with regards to your line about Americans not caring about 7/7..... i hear what your saying but surely because we do show we care makes us better than them? do you know what i mean?

I lived in London during 7/7 and was on the same tube about 5 mins earlier than the edgeware tube bomb and a friend of mine was actually on that train but wasnt hurt (apart from his hair was burnt). even though i was safe i cant help but feel for what they have gone through. so I will be doing it for both in celebration

sorry ended up waffling.... going back to lurking now! :)

what sad, sad lot most of you lot are.. those 2 "animals" killed 3 innocent people and could have killed a lot more.. brits were there running... thats just one reason why we should give the atrocity some respect. Anne Williams will ALWAYS be uppermost in our thoughts but for gods sake dont knock OUR CLUB for doing a truly sad, sad tribute...

Either have it for Anne or don't fucking bother.

Could be more about who we re playing and their lsck of respect for hillsborough.

I think its right there is something for boston. It was a sporting event after all.

Obviously remembering anne Williams takes precedence.

Guest San Don

The club \ owners can say the reflection is for who or what they want. Im not surprised they want to show some solidarity with their folks in Boston, that's where they herald from.

Personally, I'll be thinking of Anne Williams whether Im in silent reflection, clapping or singing You'll Never Walk Alone to myself. I dont know Anne any more than I do the 8 year old killed in Boston or, those horribly maimed by the bombing. Does it really matter in the scheme of things?

Seriously, are people not able to draw their own distinction in all of this? Why is our club wracked by so many divisions all the time?

How are you scoring that?

I'm not advocating the legitimacy of the conflict, unfortunately we haven't had a Palestinian player to play for us so I can't use the untold thousands killed by Israel during the brief war as an example.