You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When I was a kid we had a mental case of a mongrel a German shepherd cross essentially. But we just used to 'let the dog out' fuck knows where he went or what he did but often days would go by with no sign. I would ride around on my bike 'grifter, fuck choppers' trying to find him. he would eventually turn up thin and full of shit and cuts after probably trying to get his end away. He would often turn up at our footy matches in the field and everyone would groan and hassle me to get him to fuck as he would ruin it or burst the ball. Never hurt anyone. well that is not true but that was an bumping accident as he was quite big.

But now my kids buy dog socks on amazon because its cold on its feet. Wont let me give him a hobnob and the fucking thing is scared of feathers blowing in the garden. He is a gun dog, spaniel. One wont let we walk him after I threw him in the river. Dog now jumps in soon as he sees it. No more white shite tells its own story.

11 hours ago, Strontium said:

You know Section, you're not exactly George Clooney yourself, and as for Stig, he looks like Kenny Everett if he never got Aids so I don't know what he's piping up for.

Hahaha! You look like Eminem after 6 months on the pizza 

9 hours ago, Strontium said:

Sorry, it looked like a dig at me, I suppose it was then, but not from you.

At least you admit it! You need a sense of humour transplant you soft get. 

Although maybe this isn’t the right thread. 

14 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Mate of mine has a cane corso. The thing sits and stares at you like it wants to eat your face off. I'm a dog person and fancied one when he got it as a pup, lovely slobbery softy. Now I wont go round his place unless its away in another room or its box. Think I'll pass in case one swallows my kids.  Pitbull on steds.

Cane Corso (Black, Face)

Not as big as this one thought not far off.

image.jpeg.4f435d25285501b3196c9753b12398ef.jpeg

Box?

13 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

But these weren't even the most dangerous dogs on her list. That honour was given to the Caucasian Shepherd which looks oddly cute but is like a bipolar dog. It's like a bear, which is ironic as it was bred as a bear hunting dog. A dog that hunts fucking bears!

caucasian-mountain-dog-10.jpg

You sure that's not bear/hunting dog?

There's a myth about a ghost dog called Moddhy Doo (not Scooby's cousin) that wanders around Peel Castle on the Isle of Man. It looks just like that cane corso.

4 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I has a German Shepherd and he loved his cage. He ate slept and kept all his things in in. Toys etc. It was his personal space. Door was never closed but he'd just wander in when he wanted out of the way.

Fair enough but you're not putting/locking him in a cage, big difference.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

You sure that's not bear/hunting dog?

There's a myth about a ghost dog called Moddhy Doo (not Scooby's cousin) that wanders around Peel Castle on the Isle of Man. It looks just like that cane corso.

From Wikipedia…

Caucasian Shepherd Dogs served as guard dogs, bear hunting dogs and today they work as prison guard dogs in Russia.[8]

Could see why they'd use them in prisons.

My old man was a copper, and he reckoned it didn't matter how tough someone was, once you brought the dogs in it'd scare the shit out of anyone. There's something terrifying in a very primeval way about an animal snarling at you. A merciless thing that can't be reasoned with if shit goes south.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, skend04 said:

https://news.sky.com/story/kansas-man-dies-after-being-shot-by-dog-in-truck-police-say-12794977

They're killing their owners with guns now. Burn them. Burn them all!

(This story of a dog shooting its owner dead in Kansas could have also gone in the US shooting thread).

About time they fought back if you ask me. 

9 hours ago, skend04 said:

https://news.sky.com/story/kansas-man-dies-after-being-shot-by-dog-in-truck-police-say-12794977

They're killing their owners with guns now. Burn them. Burn them all!

(This story of a dog shooting its owner dead in Kansas could have also gone in the US shooting thread).

Another person in the truck? That dog is being framed.

Four year old girl killed in her back garden yesterday. 

Another day, another terrible tragedy involving a young child and a dog. The latest incident took place in Milton Keynes, where a four-year-old girl was mauled to death in a garden. Just hours before that happened, an inquest was told that 28-year-old dog-walker Natasha Johnston died of “multiple penetrating bites” to her neck. She was attacked by the eight animals in her care in Surrey on 12 January.

The list keeps growing: In March last year, 17-month-old Bella-Rae Birch died after being bitten by a dog bought by her family just a week before. In April, 12-day-old baby Elon Jase Ellis-Joynes was killed by a Chow Chow Alsatian cross at his family home in Doncaster. He suffered between 30 and 40 puncture wounds and later died in hospital, while the dog, named Teddy, was put down.

There are more. Take December 2022: an 83-year-old woman died from her injuries 17 days after being attacked by a large black XL bully cross cane corso breed in Caerphilly, South Wales. Almost exactly a year before, in the same town, 10-year-old Jack Lis was mauled to death by an American bulldog. Both dogs are currently legal to own in the UK.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Four year old girl killed in her back garden yesterday. 

Another day, another terrible tragedy involving a young child and a dog. The latest incident took place in Milton Keynes, where a four-year-old girl was mauled to death in a garden. Just hours before that happened, an inquest was told that 28-year-old dog-walker Natasha Johnston died of “multiple penetrating bites” to her neck. She was attacked by the eight animals in her care in Surrey on 12 January.

The list keeps growing: In March last year, 17-month-old Bella-Rae Birch died after being bitten by a dog bought by her family just a week before. In April, 12-day-old baby Elon Jase Ellis-Joynes was killed by a Chow Chow Alsatian cross at his family home in Doncaster. He suffered between 30 and 40 puncture wounds and later died in hospital, while the dog, named Teddy, was put down.

There are more. Take December 2022: an 83-year-old woman died from her injuries 17 days after being attacked by a large black XL bully cross cane corso breed in Caerphilly, South Wales. Almost exactly a year before, in the same town, 10-year-old Jack Lis was mauled to death by an American bulldog. Both dogs are currently legal to own in the UK.

Horrible. According to an article I read they'd only had the dog for 4 weeks. Poor kid.