You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

The only way he gets out of this is if Balotelli starts scoring goals. That's it there is no other way. If he goes back to Lambert he'll be gone by February at the latest. If he starts playing Borini he may as well hand in his p45 right now, can't see FSG sanctioning a striker that would improve us in January.

"you've made your bed and now, guess what..... IT'S BEDTIME."

Of the 23 signings under his reign, 1 has been a total success. 18 of them total failures. 

This season Gerrard is our joint top goal scorer on 3, level with Own goals and its our lowest points total at this stage since 3 points for a win was started. 

I think Hodgson was sacked with us 10 points off 4th place, if Rogers isnt within that he should go as well. Its simply not working and Suarez was just papering over a lot of cracks, and its no wonder he wanted to leave. 

Hodgson had shown over many years of managing that he was never the right man for lfc, from being terrible in the market to playing some of the shittest football you will ever see.

Last season rodgers had us playing the closest to "the liverpool way" which I had been hearing about for years but never saw, there is no comparison between the two.

The paralells with David O'Leary are quite striking. Both were tutored under a manager known for playing dour but effective football, but both signalled an early intention to go the other way and play enetertaining football.

Both tried to appear to be 'students of the game', not constricted by the confines of traditional British tactics, seeming to embrace Euroepean coaching methods (and talking about that fact, constantly 'Oi love a good bottle of woine with me friend Gerard Houllier!)

Both excelled early doors, spent big, and eventually O'Leary was found out and came a cropper. I fear Bredan is heading the same way.

Hodgson had shown over many years of managing that he was never the right man for lfc, from being terrible in the market to playing some of the shittest football you will ever see.

Last season rodgers had us playing the closest to "the liverpool way" which I had been hearing about for years but never saw, there is no comparison between the two.

Rodgers has an unremarkable cv behind him and rodgers has never won anything.

Its closer than we will ever admit.

For one season in 1970-71 (think it was) when we scored 42 goals (and 3 or 4 of them were og's) in a 42 league season.

So yeah that certainly wasnt most of the Liverpool way.

You know, when you're not being an apologist for Rodgers, countering every criticism with self-deluded belief that the sun rises and sets on him and the sky would fall if we ever got rid of him you're acting like a literalist prick. 

Did I say we won all those games and trophies 1-0? No, of course I didn't. What we did was once we got up we closed the other team down, and in their desperation they would take more and more chances and we'd score easy goals on the break and win 2-0, or 3-0 and have great GDs for the season.

But a Rodgers team couldn't shut down a pub side, and that's the point. Are you old enough to remember any of that, of what a great defensive team looked like, of real pass and move football - not the pass and paralyze of Rodgers? I fucking doubt it.

• Upvote 1

The sooner rodgers recognises he's in trouble, the better. I guess when you have a philosophy that has brought rewards then see things going wrong, it is perhaps difficult to accept its no longer working.

He needs to bring about a change to his defensive coaching or coaches. He might think he has changed or attempted to change his defensive coaching but, that still isnt working to any great effect.

If it means he has to bring in someone over his defensive coaches head, then he needs to grasp that particular nettle quickly. If he doesnt, he'll see a growing groundswell from the terraces for a change and then maybe action by the owners which would take matters out of his control. For good.

Wrong!

Try again.

When people call for a defensive coach is it not apparent they expect him to come in and work with rodgers as part of his back room staff and not as some sort of separate entity whereby they train exclusively in defensive drills?

I'd say 99% of fans want him to suceed here because the club then suceeds. This is what is leading to people wanting to bring in staff with experience or knowledge of the defensive side of the game, no one wants him sacked and to have to go through the whole fucking transition shit again.

If he is too big headed to accept or call for help in aspects of his style then he will fail here, we haven't got time for fucking On the job training because he is in his 3rd year and the defence has got worse. The fact that he has categorically stated he won't be appointing a defensive coach has painted himself into a corner aswell (as he does with his mouth).

This season has been fucking gut wrenching so far because I honestly think he has too many holes in his game as a manager to fix and he seems either to arrogant or pig headed to accept them which means he'll never resolve them. It all points to inexperience really and it looks like the best thing for him would have been to have a old head above him

When people call for a defensive coach is it not apparent they expect him to come in and work with rodgers as part of his back room staff and not as some sort of separate entity whereby they train exclusively in defensive drills?

I'd say 99% of fans want him to suceed here because the club then suceeds. This is what is leading to people wanting to bring in staff with experience or knowledge of the defensive side of the game, no one wants him sacked and to have to go through the whole fucking transition shit again.

If he is too big headed to accept or call for help in aspects of his style then he will fail here, we haven't got time for fucking On the job training because he is in his 3rd year and the defence has got worse. The fact that he has categorically stated he won't be appointing a defensive coach has painted himself into a corner aswell (as he does with his mouth).

This season has been fucking gut wrenching so far because I honestly think he has too many holes in his game as a manager to fix and he seems either to arrogant or pig headed to accept them which means he'll never resolve them. It all points to inexperience really and it looks like the best thing for him would have been to have a old head above him

Thread was started 21 months ago. Every failing that i pointed out in the first post is still evident. We all know why we got where we got last season.

All the same old failings were there.

Teams often piling straight through the middle.

Only we had you know who to keep the results flowing while we all fretted over the basketball nature of our football.

No safety net.

No stabilisers on his bike.

In short, he's learnt fuck all in his tenure here.

And i already know this will attract an instant neg from the board gimp.

He seems to be out of his hole at the moment.

Come on, get it over with.

The paralells with David O'Leary are quite striking. Both were tutored under a manager known for playing dour but effective football, but both signalled an early intention to go the other way and play enetertaining football.

Both tried to appear to be 'students of the game', not constricted by the confines of traditional British tactics, seeming to embrace Euroepean coaching methods (and talking about that fact, constantly 'Oi love a good bottle of woine with me friend Gerard Houllier!)

Both excelled early doors, spent big, and eventually O'Leary was found out and came a cropper. I fear Bredan is heading the same way.

John Gregory at Villa can be added to that list.

I will be fascinated to see what team he puts out against Bournemouth, as you can argue that the result there will matter more over a season than the weekend game against Arsenal.

The answers to these questions would be very interesting and would tell me if there is any hope for Rodgers:

·         Given your well-publicised comments about Spurs, do you think it’s fair to say we should be challenging for the title after spending £120m on a second place team?

·         Who are your first choice centre back pairing?

·         Who are your best full backs?

·         Why do you continue to pick an underperforming (for quite some time) Glen Johnson, particularly when he will leave on a free next year?

·         Do you have faith in either of your goalkeepers?

·         Was it necessary to say you were dropping Mignolet indefinitely?

·         Why did you sign Markovic for £20m when you are loathe to play him?

·         Why didn’t you look to replace Suarez with a marquee signing early when it was clear he was going? When it was clear Sanchez wouldn’t sign was there a plan B?

·         Why publically admit Balotelli was a gamble?

·         Do you have a clue where to play Gerrard?

·         Is Lallana incapable of playing 90 minutes?

·         What does Joe Allen do to merit selection?

·         Where is Fabio Borini?

·         Given our problems in the defensive midfielder slot does Emre Can one of your signings not merit a chance?

·         Why do you defend corners with the whole team, leaving no one up?

·         Do you pick a name out of a hat when making a substitution?

·         In a must win game, why did you opt to leave out Coutinho and Lallana, our supposedly creative players and not select 1 of our 2 available forwards in the squad?

·         Did you expect to motivate the players who got you in to the champions league by leaving them out against Real Madrid in the Bernebeu?

·         How many of your 25 signings would you put in the hit category?

• Upvote 7

He needs to go before he does anymore damage, and Gerrard needs to go this January.

Rodgers was supposed to be all about young players, because they would 'run through a brick wall' for him.

And now we're approaching this game against Bournemouth and once again the opportunity for young players is not going to be there, just like it wasn't against Swansea in the last round.

Against Swansea we went with:

Liverpool

01 Jones

19 Manquillo

04 K Touré Booked

06 Lovren

02 Johnson

21 Lucas

14 Henderson

29 Borini

10 Coutinho

50 Markovic (Lallana - 70' )

09 Lambert (Balotelli - 79' )

Substitutes

18 Moreno

20 Lallana

22 Mignolet

23 Can

37 Skrtel

45 Balotelli

46 Rossiter

And even then, we won it with two late goals and Swansea were down to 10 men. A weakened Swansea side, they rested Bony until the 82nd minute.

And now this Bournemouth tie approaches, and he's going to throw money at it, the most expensive players in a hope that a win buys him some more time and 'saves' our season.

All at the expense of developing the young players we have, in the only competition in which they will/should get to play in.

Does this sound like the right manager for us? Really?

You see the Mancs giving game time to all sorts of young players, and we've got these great players knocking around who just aren't getting a look-in, DESPITE US BEING TOTAL WANK. What must they be thinking?

And it's the same argument for Gerrard, like Mourinho said about Lampard, you have to start moving on, thinking about the future.

Just...come on.

Rodgers has thrown the baby out with the bathwater. We are having a bad season, great, but that shouldn't get in the way of the development of the next generation of players, the ones that could save us tens of millions, the one's that might run through brick walls for us.

The answers to these questions would be very interesting and would tell me if there is any hope for Rodgers:

·         Given your well-publicised comments about Spurs, do you think it’s fair to say we should be challenging for the title after spending £120m on a second place team?

·         Who are your first choice centre back pairing?

·         Who are your best full backs?

·         Why do you continue to pick an underperforming (for quite some time) Glen Johnson, particularly when he will leave on a free next year?

·         Do you have faith in either of your goalkeepers?

·         Was it necessary to say you were dropping Mignolet indefinitely?

·         Why did you sign Markovic for £20m when you are loathe to play him?

·         Why didn’t you look to replace Suarez with a marquee signing early when it was clear he was going? When it was clear Sanchez wouldn’t sign was there a plan B?

·         Why publically admit Balotelli was a gamble?

·         Do you have a clue where to play Gerrard?

·         Is Lallana incapable of playing 90 minutes?

·         What does Joe Allen do to merit selection?

·         Where is Fabio Borini?

·         Given our problems in the defensive midfielder slot does Emre Can one of your signings not merit a chance?

·         Why do you defend corners with the whole team, leaving no one up?

·         Do you pick a name out of a hat when making a substitution?

·         In a must win game, why did you opt to leave out Coutinho and Lallana, our supposedly creative players and not select 1 of our 2 available forwards in the squad?

·         Did you expect to motivate the players who got you in to the champions league by leaving them out against Real Madrid in the Bernebeu?

·         How many of your 25 signings would you put in the hit category?

If I was manager and you provided me with that passive aggressive bollocks, I'd roll it up and shove it up your arse for being a massive cunt.

• Upvote 2

Have we really become one of those clubs? The type that literally doesn't give the manager a chance, a chance to make mistakes and learn from them?

I wouldn't have employed Rodgers as manager of Liverpool, but someone else did, and if you take on someone of that age, of that level of inexperience you have to give him the chance to learn on the job.

I mean really, we're talking about sacking a 42 year old manager after two full years in the role, the first of which showed plenty of promise and the second achieved way beyond our expectations.

Really?

Have we really become one of those clubs? The type that literally doesn't give the manager a chance, a chance to make mistakes and learn from them?

Well I hope not, that's why I just agreed with someone saying judge him at the end of the season. I don't hold out much hope to be honest though, he's way out of his depth in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't have employed Rodgers as manager of Liverpool, but someone else did, and if you take on someone of that age, of that level of inexperience you have to give him the chance to learn on the job.

I mean really, we're talking about sacking a 42 year old manager after two full years in the role, the first of which showed plenty of promise and the second achieved way beyond our expectations.

Really?

Tell him to go away and return when hes won something.

We are not an academy for young managers nor should we act like that.

The mans had buckets of fund and we have a squad of utter shite.

• Upvote 1