You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm baffled by the way people continually focus on other managers. Why does the fact Dalglish did a good/bad job have anything to do with Rodgers and the way he deploys his team??

The personnel Dalglish bought for midfield were shite, that's why he ended up losing his job. The most heartbroken I've ever been watching Liverpool since he left the first time was watching us in the FA Cup final against Chelsea. Our central midfield were running their hearts out but they were still completely outclassed in every single way, everything it took them 10 passes to do, their counterparts could do in two moves, it was horrible. Could Dalglish have bought better midfielders with the 35m plus he spend on Henderson and Downing? Absolutely.

But again, I don't see what that's got to do with Rodgers.

Rodgers has made baffling substitutions, bought players he's not played, loaned players and fucked them off, the defence is as bad as it's been since the Evans era and coaching to eradicate problems seems non existent. We don't deliver performances anymore, under our previous managers we were always capable of a surprise result aganst a big side, under Rodgers the best we can manage is a 'fantastic' draw.

The caliber of sides we're getting beaten by is telling. When you consider a few years back we were in the Champions League. Imagine if we came up against a Real Madrid or a Juventus now? People would be throwing themselves out of windows.

Points, positons, cups, all come secondary to how the side is actually being played and is being built. If I saw the foundations of something stable, if I saw coherent tactics, substitutions, and general play I'd be happy, genuinely.

I don't doubt Rodgers still has the potential to achieve things in the game, the problem is - and has always been - at this absolutely crucial juncture in its history, this club was not the place to provide that learning curve. It's breathtaking that it was ever the case, or that people like Martinez were considered. Absolute suicide from word go.

Can't agree with you there, Section.

I think we do have coherent tactics, tinkered with to an expected degree at different times. I think there is direction too.

Kenny got us out of a hole (and should never have been sacked - I wanted to kill Werner when watching that first Being Liverpool episode: the fact that HE, an Amercian no mark who 12 months earlier had never heard of LFC had the "right" to sack KENNY DALGLISH - just living in a world where that can happen and then he can nonchalently talk about it on a contrived documentary, sickens me). But there is the difference between Kenny and Rodgers. Kenny's aim was to get us out of the hole, and he did. But once we were out of the hole, they must have felt that we weren't sure where we were going. This is why they were looking for someone who had a clear vision.

The idea of Rodgers was to give us the direction. He did this with a dossier and a great interview technique. However, that's not to say he's without merit. I think that the team have played well and I believe one thing you can say is that he has a clear vision.

Now I know we're kind of being blinded to results by performances, which is a little unsettling, but to say we don't have a coherent approach is wrong.

A new man with a new way was always going to be painful. Whenever ANY company changs boss there's dischord. But when we're dealing with something as emotive as Liverpool Football Club, it is understandable that there's outcry when we don't get results.

But if you look at the last few games we certainly deserved more than we got.

Now I also know that we can't KEEP saying it, but I do think some of your points are unfair.

Someone earlier referred to those UEFA Cup games (Brondby and Moscow I presume) both of which I had to endure from the terraces. But Evans' team could have won the league. Houllier's team won cups. We need to endure the bad times and look for the positive with a bigger perspective, which comes about with more time.

We're recovering from a mess (poor signings, mismanagement, bad appointments, players leaving etc) and it's a long process.

Kenny got us out of the hole, Rodgers is trying to take us somewhere. To say we're bereft of ideas puts us back into the Hodgeson carwreck or the Souness debacle. THAT was a time to give up, not this.

Yes, he should hold his tongue as he leaves himself open to ridicule, but some of the abuse on here from Liverpool FANS is beyond the pale.

It's not all sweetness and light. But he deserves a chance. He gets Liverpool, and I trust things are going to get better.

He's not lost me yet. (Nor did Rafa, or Kenny, but there you go).

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really do get the impression that some fans (those who are pissed off that Dalglish is no longer in charge) are actually happy when we lose, as if to prove a point that he shouldn't have been sacked!

In my opinion, Liverpool is bigger than any one man, and to be happy that the club loses just to be able to say stuff like 'Dalglish didn't lost to so and so' or 'Dalglish did this...' is fucking wrong, no matter what way you approach it!

I would imagine that Dalglish himself, in fact I am pretty confident that he wants the club to win every game they play and would be fuckin embarrassed at fans that want us to lose, just so they could harp on about his sacking! It's shit to read stuff that has this as it's agenda, it really is...

I dont think its about being happy when we lose to prove a point.

I think its more about the fact he was sacked after getting us to two finals and winning a trophy which we hadnt had for some time, and then replacing him with a manager, who as things are going, is about to give us a season with nothing to show for it.

Kenny gave the club a lift by getting to those finals, he gave us a lift by winning one, and to then sack him was IMHO a step backwards.

Why appoint him, and then when he was starting to build his ideal, sack him and start over yet again?

He should have had another season, simple as.

If you're calling Section_31 a "wankpot" then you really don't have a fucking clue. Consistently one of the most articulate and considered posters on the forum.

Nope. Not calling section_31 that at all. He's a class poster who gets his point across perfectly. I may not agree with it the whole time but at least he generally doesn't stoop as low as other wankpots on here.

I was agreeing with Razor on this piece in particlular Zig;

Yes, he should hold his tongue as he leaves himself open to ridicule, but some of the abuse on here from Liverpool FANS is beyond the pale.

He's correct. There are far too many wankers "supporting" the club these days. No Liverpool manager deserves the abuse Rodgers is getting. He hasn't had the chance to right the wrongs. Most of our bad results have been because of individual errors. No amount of coaching can change that. If the errors are too frequent then the player needs replacing. It's simple stuff really.

Twice on the bounce Rodgers has fucked up the team selection and it's been a big contributing factor to a defeat. Allen, holding, against a physically strong opposition on a pitch like that is a bad mistake. Also not rectifying the West Brom error of not playing a centre forward alongside Suarez again limited the way we could play.

Rodgers really needs to clear his head and get the basic mistakes resolved.

Also, I'll hold my hands up to disliking Allen so I'm biased but he's getting worse. Tiptoe-ing round the field getting caught in possession the first half. By the end of the second half he was walking round in a daze whilst they attacked not even getting near the ball.

Nope. Not calling section_31 that at all. He's a class poster who gets his point across perfectly. I may not agree with it the whole time but at least he generally doesn't stoop as low as other wankpots on here.

I was agreeing with Razor on this piece in particlular Zig;

He's correct. There are far too many wankers "supporting" the club these days. No Liverpool manager deserves the abuse Rodgers is getting. He hasn't had the chance to right the wrongs. Most of our bad results have been because of individual errors. No amount of coaching can change that. If the errors are too frequent then the player needs replacing. It's simple stuff really.

In that case, it's all fair comment mate. There are plenty of posters on here who resort to incoherent ranting, but I probably just skim past it as their opinions aren't worth shit if they can't express them without insulting the manager. There is plenty to be critical about, and I'm a great believer in honest criticism, but it has to be couched in respect.

One thing I would say though, is that if the errors are so frequent that all the defenders are guilty, then you have to question the coaching.

One thing I would say though, is that if the errors are so frequent that all the defenders are guilty, then you have to question the coaching.

While this is true to an extent in relation to a change of system , I think last nights example with Johnson for example has nothing to do with coaching. He just switched off and let his man by him. That's down to the player IMO.

Looks like there was a bit of trouble before the game.

Liverpool fans attacked in St Petersburg - ESPN FC

Liverpool fans attacked in St Petersburg

Liverpool supporters were attacked by hooligans both before and after their Europa League match at Zenit St Petersburg on Thursday.

A report on St Petersburg's Peter TV channel said that on the night before the last 32 first-leg tie - which the Reds lost 2-0 - a 40-strong group had attacked travelling fans as they emerged from a bar in the city.

Liverpool supporters were forced to take shelter inside before security staff used baseball bats to disperse the attackers. Local media reports said nobody was seriously injured in the incident.

Supporters also said they had been attacked on metro trains as they travelled to and from the Petrovsky Stadium, with some also claiming to have been attacked inside the ground.

In the days before the game, Zenit officials had said they were working to ensure a safe atmosphere at the match, at which there was a high police presence, after Liverpool raised concerns about potential racism.

A statement from the Russian club issued earlier in the week said: "The club's personnel have been working hard so that the players and fans alike would enjoy the match.

"Zenit have always condemned any form of racism. We hope our opponents share the same principles and tomorrow we all be treated to a great football match and passionate crowd support."

Liverpool raised concerns because supporters in St Petersburg - a city with strong links to nationalist right-wing politics - have become notorious for racism.

In December, the club's largest fan group demanded that no black or gay players should play for Zenit, but the Landscrona group later insisted its message was misrepresented.

I think part or all of our problems stem from our failings in our back four an keeper. The natural thing to do when u are shipping more goals than Manchester has inbreds is to drop back deeper an deeper until you are defending nearly on top of your keeper. This invariably leads to midfield dropping off too an all of a sudden it's engrained in the players minds to be more defensive than they should and not going out and expressing themselves and imposing themselves on the game.

It's no secret that you get your rewards for flooding the oppositions box and benefitting from deflections and fouls in an around the penalty area. How many times have seen the manc bastards scoring deflected goals and getting most of the decisions , it's not rocket science. That's how they are running away with league with one of their worst teams in recent years.

I'm not too inclined in singling anyone out for our failings but it just seems like half our starting team have no balls and are afraid of making mistakes. We need to be signing more players who actually have a belief and confidence in what they are doing .

Can't rely on carra stevie and suarez forever.

Last note , the return leg could be carra's last ever European game to play in

So lets hope anfield is fucking rocking an we will show the russkies a fucking atmosphere !

I don't see too much abuse posted against the manager but watching our season descending into a car crash is surely grounds for questioning his decisions. No doubt a few superfans will say we should support the manager come what may and good on them, personally I'm sick to death of seeing us perform so miserably and I'm looking to him to put it right because that's what he's paid for.

I don't see too much abuse posted against the manager but watching our season descending into a car crash is surely grounds for questioning his decisions. No doubt a few superfans will say we should support the manager come what may and good on them, personally I'm sick to death of seeing us perform so miserably and I'm looking to him to put it right because that's what he's paid for.

It's the imaginary abuse that's the worst.

We won't go through because I can't see us keeping a clean sheet - and as a consequence of that, I can't see us scoring 4!

Zenit are no mugs though - this is a team that has won the UEFA cup, and Russian league and played in the champions league, they spent big money on star players and have just enjoyed a winter break. We needed to be at our best to get a result and we weren't.

Is RAWK down?

It would explain the teenage Rafa fan club, showing up here.

Mate whine all you want we will keep hearing about Rafa until a decent manager comes along and puts him to bed by getting to or above the levels we were at.

Like no one regrets torres leaving since Suarez has come in because of the job he has done but none of rafas successors have got near hence the comparisons will continue in a negative light. Likewise when Rafa was here he was compared in a positive light to his successors.

Mate whine all you want we will keep hearing about Rafa until a decent manager comes along and puts him to bed by getting to or above the levels we were at.

Like no one regrets torres leaving since Suarez has come in because of the job he has done but none of rafas successors have got near hence the comparisons will continue in a negative light. Likewise when Rafa was here he was compared in a positive light to his successors.

Exactly. I am amazed at the amount of people that don't seem to understand this.

Dennis, I think your comma button is broken.

Chelsea lost 3-1 away to Napoli in the CL last season, sacked the manager, turned it around at home and went on to win the whole thing.

You're the stats man, you should know that 3-1 and 2-0 are completely different scorelines. I read a stat about 3 or 4 years ago that only 4 teams had over turned a 2-0 first leg defeat in the champions league. Teams at this level are far to good to throw away a head start like that.

Correct answer