You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

All the talk we hear about joses great man management but you wouldn't be able to guess with his handling of his strikers.

Its not as if their isn't potential there either, eto, Torres and ba are capable of 20 a season Imo if fully confident and then there is also lukaku who he didn't handle well either.

He has criticised them as much as anyone and it looks to me if anything he has dented their confidence rather then improve it.

He bought Eto'o. He loaned out Lukaku. He didn't bin Torres and/or Ba. He didn't buy anyone else.

It is entirely his fault. The massive fucking cunt.

But then that would mean that he is responsible for the situation he finds himself in, and that could never be the case. This is Jose Mourinho, remember. The bitter, ghost-goal whinging, eye-gouging cunt, who single handedly made relations between real and Barca (one of the most historic rivalries in football) 10 times worse.

Just once, I want someone in his press conference to turn round and point out that he's in the altogether, instead of giggling like schoolgirls at every shit joke, the cunt makes.

• Upvote 5

Mourinho's great strength, in my opinion, was man-management. He would make rich, spoilt, overindulged wankers feel like they were plucky underdogs taking on Goliath armed only their inate wit and abundant charm. Yeah, I know the likes of Cashley, Mongo and Fatty have none of those things, but Mourinho made them think they had it all, and that is was lamentably unrecognised by all but him. Keeping up the pretence meant bullying anyone who might potentially get in his way, which wasn't nice, but it was impressive and it was successful. I think he has gone to the well once too often though, and now he is reduced to protecting his legacy by leeching off the very people he once sustained. I hope that's what's happening anyway.

• Upvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He bought Eto'o. He loaned out Lukaku. He didn't bin Torres and/or Ba. He didn't buy anyone else.

They can have Sturridge back. 150m. Per leg. Dan has three.

• Upvote 1

I just don't really care what Mourinho's strengths are.  He's just an attention-seeker who's somehow managed to make his way to adulthood while retaining the essential nature of a spoiled 3-year old.  He is repulsive in every way, and though he's something of an idiot savant as a football manager (ignoring the fact that every job he's had since Porto has basically been with the richest club in the league) he's so distasteful as a man that I don't can't stomach any discussion of his strengths or "good side."

In Mourinho's case, I just have no patience for shades of grey.  The man is darkened pitch on an inky, ebony background in an unlit room.

• Upvote 7

We really must win the league this season. It will be a lot harder next time, when Chelsea actually have a half decent striker. Not that we won't win it again - obviously we will - but it will be more of a challenge.

• Upvote 1

I just don't really care what Mourinho's strengths are.  He's just an attention-seeker who's somehow managed to make his way to adulthood while retaining the essential nature of a spoiled 3-year old.  He is repulsive in every way, and though he's something of an idiot savant as a football manager (ignoring the fact that every job he's had since Porto has basically been with the richest club in the league) he's so distasteful as a man that I don't can't stomach any discussion of his strengths or "good side."

In Mourinho's case, I just have no patience for shades of grey.  The man is darkened pitch on an inky, ebony background in an unlit room.

Bravura post!

I'd love it if Jeff Stelling asks one of the panel this week about Chelsea's failings and that's the answer they give.

That clip is just bizarre. It starts off as a counter attack and ends with a defensive block to put the ball out of play. All covering about half the length of the pitch. Through the middle and out wide. Involving just the one player, with no others touching the ball. That article got it spot on when it said that they've blown over £27m on a player known for his 'nuisance' factor rather than any discernible footballing traits of value to a football team.