You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Has to laugh at Lou Macari regarding the draw saying Moyes has had no luck all season...no Lou it ain't been bad luck it's just United have been shit luck doesn't come into it.

I'm sure a lot of managers would love to manage the league champions and spend best part of 80 million on two players.

• Upvote 1

Moyes himself leapt and beamed on the Old Trafford touchline, fists bunched, eyes boggling, whirling around in adrenal bewilderment like a man at a country picnic joyfully swatting midges "with an invisible badminton racket."

Love this bit

That was their only hope, having RVP up front.  They were fucked anyway, but now they won't even grab a consolation goal when they get bummed.  Home and away.  They're fucking toast.

When Chelsea upset the odds when they won the CL they at least had a fair team.  The scum don't.  And they also have the Footballing Genius we call David Moyes.

That's the creamy dogshit topping on a cake of crap.

• Upvote 2

This. Take 3 points off citeh then 2 4-0 hammerings from Bayern please.

It's on...

EDIT: It's been done.

In a surprising development, I am gutted about Persie being sidelined.

David Moyes has admitted to feeling "ashamed" by some of Manchester United’s performances this season but claims the Champions League quarter-final draw against Bayern Munich is proof of his team turning a corner.

Moyes, who takes United to West Ham on Saturday evening, banished speculation over his job prospects by guiding the club to a 3-0 Champions League victory against Olympiakos on Wednesday.

The win ultimately secured United a last eight tie against European and world champions Bayern, but after experiencing the euphoria of defeating Olympiakos, Moyes admits it was a rare moment of joy following a season of lows at Old Trafford.

“The big thing was that I could look the supporters in the face after the game on Wednesday night,” Moyes said. “I thought that we had given them something to shout about and we had nothing to be ashamed of in our performances.

“In some of the other games, I’ve felt ashamed because the team haven’t played well enough and I haven’t got a team out that has got a good enough result.

“Our form hasn’t been consistent enough or our performances haven’t been consistent enough. We’ve shown some top performances and then some really low performances.

“We’ve got to get better at that but it’s going to take time, we’re not going to be able to do everything immediately and because of the period we’re in that’s happening a little bit.

“A good one and then a bad one at times and my job over the years ahead is to make sure we get rid of that.”

Moyes, who confirmed that Robin van Persie will miss the trip to West Ham with a knee injury sustained against Olympiakos, insists United can confound the odds by eliminating Bayern to reach the Champions League semi-finals.

“It’s a really tough draw for us but one I’m looking forward to,” Moyes said. “People asked me the question about being inexperienced and not having any Champions League experience so I was amazed that none of you asked me the question the other night.

“It must have slipped your minds ... but I said before that I’d watched enough games and seen enough Champions League football and hopefully watched so much football that I know a bit about it.

“But I got help from a lot of people around me – I said I would do that – and thankfully we’ve got ourselves to the quarter-finals but hopefully we can get to the semi-finals.”

I watched Champions League on the telly and am looking for a carrer upgrade...6 year contract, anyone?

• Upvote 1

Brilliant, he's their Hodgson in every way.

Interesting dilemma . Faced with a straight choice Gollum or Hodgson ?

Bit like choosing between a smack in the face or a kick in the plums,

I think I would have to choose Hodgson . I dont think he could have done quite so much damage as Moyes. 

22 July 2013

DAVID MOYES interview: I used to just want to get out of Old Trafford alive... but this is my team now, I'm in charge. Maybe if I'm at United for 26 years, we'll end up having 'Moyesy time' !

tumblr_n2akub5gbM1rvzbdgo1_250.gif

23 July 2013

Manchester United slip to 3-2 tour defeat against Yokohama F-Marinos

• Second loss in three games for new United boss David Moyes

• Yoshihito Fujita scores winner as Yokohama come from behind

• Upvote 1