You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comolli talks sense. They must´ve had a common strategy, accepted by the owners, that now we´ll splash big money on young and coming british players, even if it may cost a bit, and the results may not be straight away to be seen, but that´s what we´ll do anyway. So to be kicked out after a year into that strategy, is pure madness. Madness, I say.

Comolli talks sense. They must´ve had a common strategy, accepted by the owners, that now we´ll splash big money on young and coming british players, even if it may cost a bit, and the results may not be straight away to be seen, but that´s what we´ll do anyway. So to be kicked out after a year into that strategy, is pure madness. Madness, I say.

That strategy only works if you pay what the player is worth at the time he joins, not for what he may turn out to be.

You don't pay premium prices for fixer-uppers.

That strategy only works if you pay what the player is worth at the time he joins, not for what he may turn out to be.

You don't pay premium prices for fixer-uppers.

I haven´t studied the moneyball filosofy but I wouldn´t be surprised if it courages for that kind of behavior... ;)

The way employment works is that it can be both commercially sound to fire someone and also unfair. Happens all the time. The only surprise is that the case has only just settled - the most likely explanation is that DC held out for an inflated settlement. Which would be ironic.

He and KD presided over an outlay of 100m+ on players who are now worth less then half that and who cannot hold down a place in the team (or sometimes the bench). Mistakes that are casting as long a shadow as RB's mistakes with Alonso.

Bet my left nut LFC bollocksed the paperwork somewhere in dismissing him or contravened the contract in someway.

What a fucking side show.

Apologise to Fulham now this.

Both due to the 3 ringed circus that is Liverpool's administration.

Its like watching the economic growth of some civil war country like Salvador the way we piss cash up the wall. I bet that swanky Yank they flew in for the tribunal isn't getting paid with FSG money. By the time this club finally rights this listing ship any half decent player (thats including youth) would've jumped and swam for their lives.

I bet Rafa is watching this from Stamford Bridge and thinking "different Yanks same story" and he'd be spot on!

Harsh that Kenny has been as dignified as ever if he wanted to stick the knife in he could have caused some serious problems. Considering the owners and Brendan at times have gone a bit ott at blaming everything on what happened before many others would have lashed out.
It'd be good to hear what he had to say about all this, and i think it would give a much clearer picture if he did say something.

Something tells me that he was more the one who identified players who fit in with FSGs ideas.

It'd surprise me if he agreed to those fees being paid or had anything to do with negotiating them, but then again it's hard to be surprised with anything related to the clubs balls ups lately.

In my mind it's like this:

FSG - the ideas.

Dalglish - identifying players.

Comolli - negotiations.

Could be massively wide of the mark though....

EDIT and maybe that's just how i hope it happened.

The players are fine for the right fee the complete fuck up has been the sheer shiteness of how we do business.. We paid world class money for squad fillers, I find it astonishing that anybody could of seen those fees for those players as okay, the entire world collectively gasped what the fuck with the downing and carrol money, lo and behold they turned out to be not worth it.

“If you want to talk about the Carroll deal, the situation was quite clear,” Comolli said. “The way we looked at it, we were selling two players, Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel, and we were bringing two in, Luis Suárez and Carroll, and we were making a profit and the wage bill was coming down as well. It was a four-player deal.

I can't believe anyone would say this. Just fucking amazing.

The Götze thing is utter bollocks anyway because he would never leave Dortmund at that moment or anytime soon.

I can't believe anyone would say this. Just fucking amazing.

The Götze thing is utter bollocks anyway because he would never leave Dortmund at that moment or anytime soon.

I don't think it's utter böllocks.

I think what the guy who the story originates from said, was that we could have bid for him if we wanted to, ie we had money there to bid for him.

Not that we had bids accepted and it was a choice between the two players.