You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does supporting Liverpool give you pleasure?

After reading many weeks of bullshit posts on the transfer forum and the match threads (especially when we lose) it made me think. Why do some people on here even bother with it?

Do you get any pleasure out of being a Liverpool fan or has the last 25+ years just turned you into a negative cynical fucker slowly over time?

Over the last 30 years football has changed so much, how we watch it, the coverage, the quality of picture, training methods, tactics, transfers, bosman ruiling, wages, money in the game and much more. Yes it's still the same game but it's also vastly different to how it was before. It always makes me laugh when i read "just sign some fucking players" in the transfer thread, because most of the cunts typing it have never probably ran a business, conducted a sale, understand accountancy or negotiated a contract.

There are many other clubs who take time to sign players (and maybe their forums are similar) but why do our fans completely spazz the fuck out and lose all control of their minds?

What pleasure do you get from going ape-shit on here and just being so down all the time? I honestly don't get it. I'm far from the eternal optimist but some posters, post the same shit, same jokes, same miserable shite week on week and year on year. What will it get you during the season? You might be right, but you'll have to wait until March/April,/May 2018 to find out. Fuck that. What will you say "i fucking knew i was right" well ok mate, but you just spent the last 10 months fuming and being a right miserable wanker, all to say "i told you so"

Fuck that!

Will you ever get any pleasure from having Klopp as your manager? Seeing him grow a team, bring youth through, turn shit players into much better players? Play great attacking football and sometimes completely blitz teams. Will you ever enjoy having a manager who has good morals, loves the club, wants to help it grow, wants to take us forward and leave us in better shape than when he started? And doesn't just go out and buy players for the sake of it, to appease his own fucked up agenda (like Mourinho) and all for his own legacy?

I've watched some turgid Liverpool teams over the last 2.5 decades, I've waited for any shining light of hope to give me belief that one day we will find someone to sort out the shit hole we fell in to and finally he's here. We will never agree with every decision he makes but he's a damn good manager and he just needs time and a little more patience. Our glory days are coming back under this guy soon, enjoy the journey we have with him while it lasts. Or, you could just carry on moaning, and acting like a know it all fucker, but Klopps 6 years will just pass you by and you'll never enjoy being a Liverpool fan if you don't enjoy it under him.

• Upvote 3

Honestly... yes and no. When we win, especially when we win something big, it feels great. It's a double edged coin of two sides of the same face, though; losing sucks ass. It happens so often now that it's a very sour feeling. It's very hard to take sloppiness, laziness, and lack of commitment from a player.

But love isn't just about pleasure, my friend. Love is about ups and downs. The downs make you appreciate the ups more. Either way, keep on moving and keep on supporting. What the fuck else is there to do anyway?

Can I offer you some perspective? Football isn't that big a deal in the greater context of things. Let us make shit jokes in peace and not act like supporting overgrown kid millionaires is some heroic journey or saga.

Anyone who takes perspective from this jive ass motherfucker is a jive ass motherfucker.

Motherfucker. 

The frustration is worth it for things like this:

• Upvote 1

Perhaps in the days when watching Liverpool was available to local poor people and the club was a symbol of the City's resistance against Thatcherism, it took on a greater meaning. Now, it's jumped the shark by pricing out the poor and is just one of a range of available entertainment options.

• Upvote 1

I love watching us play, for the most part, and still get that giddy excitement before games. I hate the constant transfer speculation and soap opera drama that surrounds the game in general.

I can get very downhearted when we're in a bad run of form and playing turgid football like last January/February. To be honest, the end of the 2013/14 season broke me in a lot of ways and things haven't been quite the same since.

• Upvote 3

I have to be honest, I don't get nearly as much enjoyment from following Liverpool as I did when I was younger. If I didn't have easy and free access to really good streams through e.g. Kodi I wouldn't bother. It's basically because we're in managed decline, getting less and less likely every year to climb back on our perch, while the supporters still think we're one or two signings away from conquering the world like we did in the eighties.

The thing is, I really like football as a sport. I've grown up playing and watching it. I still watch the latter stages of the Champions League every year because it's really high quality. I'd watch more of the Premier League too if it wasn't made up of cunt clubs and even cuntier fans.

Yeah. Lots of pleasure. The excited anticipation as I walk up towards the ground. The banter in the ground. Big wins. Sometimes it's a bit like a rollercoaster-ride-type enjoyment.

Ultimately, it's not the most important thing in my life. So I don't get into the whole nastiness and bitterness of football rivalry - I just enjoy it. 

• Upvote 1

Perhaps in the days when watching Liverpool was available to local poor people and the club was a symbol of the City's resistance against Thatcherism, it took on a greater meaning. Now, it's jumped the shark by pricing out the poor and is just one of a range of available entertainment options.

This has a lot to do with my current feelings, the fact that we're shit doesn't help!

Without moaning this site would not exist, we as a club have over a quarter of a century of experience in whinging with the odd brief spell of euphoria for good measure.

The game as it is now is enough to sap the enjoyment from most fans, especially the older ones and it's not just about success. The hypocrisy and greed is astounding, jumped up teams spending fortunes that are little more than playthings or ways to legitimise money or standing in the world.

Arab states and Russian Oligarchs, I for one would not entertain them as the old Liverpool still runs through my veins. Despots and criminals.

Chelsea and City fans act like they have always been a top team, at least City fans had a brief humble spell, Chelsea, not so much.

Enjoyment ? Probably as little as ever currently, maybe that is me, maybe the game as I said.

People have the right to criticise as long as it is constructive, repetition can be tedious and I'm as guilty as anyone sometimes. It's a forum and takes all sorts, ignoring is easy.