You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

It's not really so shocking that Roy got the job.

The FA are themselves largely incompetent, and it should be no surprise that a 'nice and sensible' manager like Roy got the job.

In his defence (not that that's much) England have repeatedly underperformed, under many managers, some of whom arguably had a far better array of players at their disposal.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

It's not really so shocking that Roy got the job.

The FA are themselves largely incompetent, and it should be no surprise that a 'nice and sensible' manager like Roy got the job.

In his defence (not that that's much) England have repeatedly underperformed, under many managers, some of whom arguably had a far better array of players at their disposal.

I would argue that the likes of Sven got England to where they should get too.

They are a top 10 team so a quarter final slot is just about par for the course.

Capello and Sven didnt over achieve yet they are looked at as failing,failing is Mclaren and possibly Roy the way he is going

Well the news boys couldn't wait to write about the end of Capello. Forget what he did with Real Madrid and AC Milan. Pish posh, foreign managers. Forget his win record with England. Roy speaks English. They welcomed Hodgson with open arms and a free pass, talking him up. He gets the captain's armband and how important it is. He's English. So they should enjoy covering England now. Tally-ho.

looking forward to the U21 game tonight, Robinson, Wisdom, Henderson, Jonjo and Borini all potentially involved

think England actually have an alright team at this level but imagine Pearce's shite tactics will fuck them up like last time, always good watching Henderson run the game at this level though, would back Ince to show up Zaha again too

looking forward to the U21 game tonight, Robinson, Wisdom, Henderson, Jonjo and Borini all potentially involved

think England actually have an alright team at this level but imagine Pearce's shite tactics will fuck them up like last time, always good watching Henderson run the game at this level though, would back Ince to show up Zaha again too

I'll probably watch it but I'm already sick of hearing about fucking Zaha. I've read about 3 "ones to watch" articles and they've all identified him, basically on the thinking that because he's signing for the mancs, he must be the top prospect around. Phil Jones Syndrome perhaps? Although maybe that's more to do with a dopey face.

I'll probably watch it but I'm already sick of hearing about fucking Zaha. I've read about 3 "ones to watch" articles and they've all identified him, basically on the thinking that because he's signing for the mancs, he must be the top prospect around. Phil Jones Syndrome perhaps? Although maybe that's more to do with a dopey face.

Yep definately, remember the last competition was just after Jones had signed for them and he was fucking woeful (as he usually is when he plays centre back which is meant to be his natural position) yet the commentators found any excuse to praise him, Zaha is very average from what I've seen of him, all stepovers and no footballing brain and when him and Ince play in the same side it is clear who is better

Ship-a-like-sinking-rat-a-off

Put then in order

Wednesday 5 June 2013 18.38 BST

Harry Redknapp says he will quit QPR if board interferes with transfers

o Harry Redknapp sends clear message to Tony Fernandes

o 'You can't have other people have a say at all'

Harry Redknapp has said he is looking to bring in 'a couple of free transfers' this summer. Photograph: Phil Noble/REUTERS

David Hytner

Harry Redknapp has said that he would walk away from Queens Park Rangers if the board of directors or anybody else interfere with his work in the transfer market this summer.

The manager feels that he needs to overhaul his squad for a tilt at promotion back to the Premier League and he is seeking to add a "couple of free transfers", including that of Wayne Bridge, whose Manchester City contract is set to expire. The left-back was on loan at Brighton & Hove Albion last season.

Redknapp, though, sent a clear message to the QPR owner, Tony Fernandes, when he said that he had to have the final say on the rebuild following the club's relegation.

"If we don't change it and I don't get the players that I want to bring in, then we have not got a chance," Redknapp said. "You can't have other people have a say at all. I'm a football person and I've got a staff around me of football people. We've got to make the decisions and if we make the right ones, we will have a chance.

"Otherwise, if other people want to make decisions, we've got no chance. If I don't get that, then I wouldn't stick around. I'm trying to get Wayne Bridge. I'm hoping that's the first deal I can do.

Henderson,Robinson and Shelvey all starting, Wisdom on bench somewhat understandably as I think he plays centre back for them and Caulker is a very good player and Dawson a lot more experienced

think Borini is starting too but can't find official confirmation

The Zaha love-in has scarcely begun. Couple of decent throw-ins tonight and he'll be on the front cover of FIFA 14.

June is a feast of football, check it out.

Wednesday 5th June 2013

Wed 5th Jun Israel U21 v Norway U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 17:00 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Wed 5th Jun Ballack's Friends v International Selection Michael Ballack Testimonial 19:00 ESPN / ESPN HD

Wed 5th Jun England U21 v Italy U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 19:30 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Thursday 6th June 2013

Thu 6th Jun Spain U21 v Russia U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 17:00 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Thu 6th Jun Netherlands U21 v Germany U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 19:30 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Thu 6th Jun Arsenal Ladies v Chelsea Ladies FA Women's Super League 19:45 ESPN / ESPN HD

Friday 7th June 2013

Fri 7th Jun Indonesia v Netherlands International Friendly 14:30 ESPN / ESPN HD

Fri 7th Jun Croatia v Scotland FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifier 19:15 BBC2 Scotland / ESPN / ESPN HD

Fri 7th Jun Republic of Ireland v Faroe Islands FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifier 19:45 Sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD

Fri 7th Jun Argentina v Colombia FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifier 23:05 Premier Sports

Saturday 8th June 2013

Sat 8th Jun England U21 v Norway U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 17:00 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Sat 8th Jun Italy U21 v Israel U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 19:30 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Sunday 9th June 2013

Sun 9th Jun Netherlands U21 v Russia U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 17:00 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Sun 9th Jun Germany U21 v Spain U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 19:30 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Tuesday 11th June 2013

Tue 11th Jun Australia v Jordan FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifier 9:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Tue 11th Jun South Korea v Uzbekistan FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifier 12:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Tue 11th Jun China v Netherlands International Friendly 13:00 ESPN / ESPN HD

Tue 11th Jun Israel U21 v England U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 17:00 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Tue 11th Jun Norway U21 v Italy U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 17:00 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Wednesday 12th June 2013

Wed 12th Jun Republic of Ireland v Spain International Friendly 1:00 Premier Sports

Wed 12th Jun Spain U21 v Netherlands U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 17:00 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Wed 12th Jun Russia U21 v Germany U21 UEFA Under 21 Championship Group Stage 17:00 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Saturday 15th June 2013

Sat 15th Jun TBC UEFA Under 21 Championship Semi Final 16:30 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Sat 15th Jun TBC UEFA Under 21 Championship Semi Final 19:30 Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Sat 15th Jun Brazil v Japan FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC3

Sunday 16th June 2013

Sun 16th Jun Mexico v Italy FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC3

Sun 16th Jun Spain v Uruguay FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 23:00 BBC1 / BBC1 HD

Monday 17th June 2013

Mon 17th Jun Tahiti v Nigeria FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC3

Tuesday 18th June 2013

Tue 18th Jun Australia v Iraq FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifier 9:30 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Tue 18th Jun Uzbekistan v Qatar FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifier 13:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Tue 18th Jun TBC UEFA Under 21 Championship Final 17:00 Sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD

Tue 18th Jun Jordan v Oman FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifier 17:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Wednesday 19th June 2013

Wed 19th Jun Brazil v Mexico FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC TBC

Wed 19th Jun Italy v Japan FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 23:00 BBC TBC

Thursday 20th June 2013

Thu 20th Jun Spain v Tahiti FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC TBC

Thu 20th Jun Nigeria v Uruguay FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 23:00 BBC TBC

Friday 21st June 2013

Fri 21st Jun France U20 v Ghana U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Fri 21st Jun Nigeria U20 v Portugal U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Fri 21st Jun USA U20 v Spain U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Saturday 22nd June 2013

Sat 22nd Jun Mexico U20 v Greece U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Sat 22nd Jun Turkey U20 v El Salvador U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Sat 22nd Jun Italy v Brazil FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC TBC

Sat 22nd Jun Japan v Mexico FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC TBC

Sunday 23rd June 2013

Sun 23rd Jun Chile U20 v Egypt U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Sun 23rd Jun Croatia U20 v Uruguay U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Sun 23rd Jun England U20 v Iraq U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Sun 23rd Jun Nigeria v Spain FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC TBC

Sun 23rd Jun Uruguay v Tahiti FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC TBC

Sun 23rd Jun Philadelphia Union v New York Red Bulls MLS 22:00 ESPN / ESPN HD

Monday 24th June 2013

Mon 24th Jun Portland Timbers v Colorado Rapids MLS 0:00 ESPN / ESPN HD

Mon 24th Jun Cuba U20 v Nigeria U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Mon 24th Jun France U20 v Spain U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Mon 24th Jun Portugal U20 v South Korea U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Mon 24th Jun Spain U20 v Ghana U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Tuesday 25th June 2013

Tue 25th Jun Australia U20 v El Salvador U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Tue 25th Jun Mexico U20 v Paraguay U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Tue 25th Jun Turkey U20 v Columbia U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Tue 25th Jun Mali U20 v Greece U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Wednesday 26th June 2013

Wed 26th Jun Uruguay U20 v New Zealand U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Wed 26th Jun Chile U20 v England U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Wed 26th Jun Croatia U20 v Uzbekistan U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Wed 26th Jun Iraq U20 v Egypt U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Wed 26th Jun TBC FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 Semi Final 20:00 BBC TBC

Thursday 27th June 2013

Thu 27th Jun Portugal U20 v Cuba U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Thu 27th Jun South Korea U20 v Nigeria U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Thu 27th Jun Spain U20 v France U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Thu 27th Jun Ghana U20 v USA U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Thu 27th Jun TBC FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 Semi Final 20:00 BBC TBC

Friday 28th June 2013

Fri 28th Jun TBC UEFA Women's Under 17 European Championship Third Place Play Off 11:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Fri 28th Jun TBC UEFA Women's Under 17 European Championship Final 13:15 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Fri 28th Jun Greece U20 v Paraguay U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Fri 28th Jun Mali U20 v Mexico U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Fri 28th Jun Australia U20 v Turkey U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport 2 HD

Fri 28th Jun El Salvador U20 v Columbia U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Saturday 29th June 2013

Sat 29th Jun Croatia U20 v New Zealand U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 16:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Sat 29th Jun Egypt U20 v England U20 FIFA U20 World Cup Group Stage 19:00 British Eurosport / British Eurosport HD

Sunday 30th June 2013

Sun 30th Jun TBC FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 Third Place Play Off 17:00 BBC TBC

Sun 30th Jun New York Red Bulls v Houston Dynamo MLS 19:00 ESPN / ESPN HD

Sun 30th Jun TBC FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 Final 23:00 BBC TBC

Spain must be shitting themselves about testing themselves against Tahiti.

What did Tahiti win ?

OFC (Oceania) Nations Cup - that continent's equivalent of the European Championship or Copa America. Australia are part of the Asian federation so you'd expect New Zealand to win the OFC title every time, but somehow they fucked up at the last one.

OFC (Oceania) Nations Cup - that continent's equivalent of the European Championship or Copa America. Australia are part of the Asian federation so you'd expect New Zealand to win the OFC title every time, but somehow they fucked up at the last one.

Cheers Trumo, just looked at the Oceanic Federation website & half of the countries affiliated only exist to provide answers on 'Pointless'.

Stuart pearce wants another contract? I bet they give him one aswell. He is rubbish and embodies Englands whole ethic from top to bottom.

Its shocking how England are just complete shit from youth to seniors

Shelvey looked totally out of his depth aswell, and even had the nerver to be pissed off when he got subbed.

His shot from the half way line when he had 3 players breaking at speed next to him sums him up. His touch is shocking.

Henderson did little to impress either.

Glenn Hoddle was a fantastic player and he summed it up well:

If you cant recieve the ball under pressure and be comfortable with it then you wont get anywhere.

Passing it off and making a run into space is nonsense football.