You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

19 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Quite refreshing to see them leaning into using real injuries to further angles.

Seems to be a move towards that sort of stuff and recognising online opinion/reaction etc post Vince.

On 03/02/2024 at 17:14, Lee909 said:

I think they are quite determined for Roman to break Hogan's record and make him the longest reigning in modern history. Only behind Backland amd Samartino

That would mean he holds till Sep 11th. 

The bloodline thing and Romams constant push as longest champion  has been boring nearly a year. He's part time and you know what's going to happen with the only time you think he might lose bring wrestlemania. Anyone that believe Sami or LA Knight would be him were kidding themselves

I don't understand this fascination with Hogan's reign. It's only the third longest. Bruno and Backlund were both way longer.

8 hours ago, Kevin D said:

That was great. Much better than any show they’ve done in years:

They absolutely nailed it.

The stuff after it with HHH as well.

The way it is going to be booked and play out in my view is Dwayne is going to interfere and help Rhodes win the match. Reigns is falling into a trap.

I reckon Reigns v The Rock on the Saturday, winner v Rhodes on the Sunday.

I’d assume the Saturday will finish in a DQ or a way Reigns retains cheaply, Rock interferes (taking out Solo & Jimmy Uso) and Rhodes wins on the Sunday.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

It is dead obvious to me that Dwayne is going to turn on Reigns at WM and cost him the belt.

Why would they turn Rock heel for only 2 months? That would be a ridiculously short amount of time.

Eventually he will go back to being an uber face, but not that quickly.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Why would they turn Rock heel for only 2 months? That would be a ridiculously short amount of time.

Eventually he will go back to being an uber face, but not that quickly.

He is a part timer - well not even that, he is a special attraction who has been brought in because his schedule allows for once and he can bring the whole bloodline story to a new place.

Turning on Reigns is by far the most likely outcome of all of this IMO....the booking is he will have sucked Reigns in and then "put him in his place".....A Reigns/Dwayne match down the road regardless of it being for the strap then becomes a massive one.

Meanwhile the strap can go back to having a proper full time working champion (Reigns obviously has not been and won't be) in Rhodes who can enter into feuds with likes of Punk and others and see more regular defences of it and it being more of a feature on the programming.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

He is a part timer - well not even that, he is a special attraction who has been brought in because his schedule allows for once and he can bring the whole bloodline story to a new place.

Turning on Reigns is by far the most likely outcome of all of this IMO....the booking is he will have sucked Reigns in and then "put him in his place".....A Reigns/Dwayne match down the road regardless of it being for the strap then becomes a massive one.

Meanwhile the strap can go back to having a proper full time working champion (Reigns obviously has not been and won't be) in Rhodes who can enter into feuds with likes of Punk and others and see more regular defences of it and it being more of a feature on the programming.

I think they would eventually have a Roman-Rock match and that will mean a rejigging of the heel-face dynamic that match will call for at some point, but at this Wrestlemania, if they have Rock turn on Roman after only having just established this heel character, it will need a ridiculously good explanation.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Would you be interested in Cody/Rock at Summerslam?

17 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Would you be interested in Cody/Rock at Summerslam?

Not at all.

Dwayne can't wrestle a decent match anymore.

As i have already said the only booking that makes sense IMO is for Dwayne to screw Reigns, then let them play out a part time feud away from the title scene.

The fact that Dwayne was even supposedly to have title match at WM in first place was ridiculous.. They've just about dug themselves out of that mess, don't go making another one.

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think they would eventually have a Roman-Rock match and that will mean a rejigging of the heel-face dynamic that match will call for at some point, but at this Wrestlemania, if they have Rock turn on Roman after only having just established this heel character, it will need a ridiculously good explanation.

The heel turn itself is flimsy as fuck.

One minute he is challenging Reigns for his title and being 'head of the table' the next just because Rhodes (rightly) gets the spot he earned and was his to pick, Dwayne turns heel and is one of Reigns gang....all based on supposed disrespect of their family (which was ultra flimsy)

For me the only logical way of justifying all that is that it was all a ruse to suck Reigns in and as i say it sets up a big and high interest match between them down road and frees up the belt....

We'll see.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

The heel turn itself is flimsy as fuck.

One minute he is challenging Reigns for his title and being 'head of the table' the next just because Rhodes (rightly) gets the spot he earned and was his to pick, Dwayne turns heel and is one of Reigns gang....all based on supposed disrespect of their family (which was ultra flimsy)

For me the only logical way of justifying all that is that it was all a ruse to suck Reigns in and as i say it sets up a big and high interest match between them down road and frees up the belt....

We'll see.

I would think it's flimsy because a lot of people genuinely disliked the previous direction and they just decided to change tact.

It's all shrouded in the work-shoot part where no one knows if they are actually planning stuff long term or if they're constantly changing stuff.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I would think it's flimsy because a lot of people genuinely disliked the previous direction and they just decided to change tact.

It's all shrouded in the work-shoot part where no one knows if they are actually planning stuff long term or if they're constantly changing stuff.

As i say we will see - i believe it will lead to a turn on reigns at WM, we'll see.

One thing is for sure, it has generated interest - i can't stand Dwayne myself - and have no desire to see him wrestle, especially as he'll ve be blowing out of his arse after 5 mins, but it is of course all about money and if they think they can make money, well we all know how the business works. Interesting stuff though for fans of the business.

29 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not at all.

Dwayne can't wrestle a decent match anymore.

As i have already said the only booking that makes sense IMO is for Dwayne to screw Reigns, then let them play out a part time feud away from the title scene.

The fact that Dwayne was even supposedly to have title match at WM in first place was ridiculous.. They've just about dug themselves out of that mess, don't go making another one.

Tough crowd.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The babyface has to win clean, them’s the rules.

Night one, something happens where Johnson is made to feel like junior partner, wholesale revolt, Reigns has to come out night two on his own, with no back up/cheating and Rhodes wins clean.

I largely agree about clean....but they can get away with it if for example the turn is in dwayne seeing off sikoa/uso as they are about to cheat rhodes out of it.

Taking them out at the crucial time at the death and leaving a vulnerable and alone reigns to be finished off by rhodes achieves it.

Take arguably the biggest face title win of all time when Mick Foley took it on raw off dwayne ironically for example - it wasn't clean, but because it was 'good' seing off cheating 'bad' it worked like fuck!

Saw someone mention the plan is to have The Rock/Reigns vs Rollins/Cody night 1, and then obviously Reigns vs Cody night 2, which I think could work well and make some of the dynamics they’ve cornered themselves with a bit less flimsy.

53 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Just watching that CM Punk promo, again, from last week.

Fuck me, can he talk.

Best talker in the business IMHO.

Comes over as most authentic and believable too.

The stuff he did with Laurinaitis and HHH et al towards the end of his original wwe run was just so good.

45 minutes ago, an tha said:

Best talker in the business IMHO.

Comes over as most authentic and believable too.

The stuff he did with Laurinaitis and HHH et al towards the end of his original wwe run was just so good.

I didn’t see any of that, it was during the years I fucked it off.

Think it was ‘09 when they went Super Cena and I just couldn’t be arsed with it.

I’ll definitely look that up, though, I am mesmerised with Punk’s speaking ability.

He always sounds so real.