You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabio Borini

moof

Guest Numero Veinticinco

They are worthy or recognition, but it is not like we need a penalty taker.

It says to me he can finish chances under pressure. Always felt a bit uncomfortable with this 'open play' thing.

He's better than Arsespas and we already bought him, so, he should come back for a season. See how he goes.

I'd rather that, than another £8mill punt.

There's other areas where we need to take that sort of risk on the money Rodgers likely has to spend.

We need a series of Sturridge type revelations in midfield and defence.

Aspas is the one who needs binning.

At lightning fucking speed.

he got plenty of games in Sunderland, knows the league better, knows how to move better behind defenders, shields the ball and uses his body way better, got into pace of PL, knows the opposition players, gained confidence, BR trusts him, he's ready to play for LFC next season I think

• Upvote 1

Guest LFD

Always felt a bit uncomfortable with this 'open play' thing.

I think it is interesting.  If most of his goals are coming from penalties, which he won't be taking here, then it might show he's not really the player we need to help improve our attacking options next season.

But I don't know the stats.

What we really need is another 30 million pound striker, someone like Soldado, for instance.

We need a big name from a shit league. We need a Vorro, not a Borro.

This lad scored goals for a shit side heading for relegation and helped saved them from it. Plus, he considers himself a Liverpool player first and foremost. But fuck him, right?

• Upvote 1

Guest LFD

What we really need is another 30 million pound striker, someone like Soldado, for instance.

This lad scored goals for a shit side heading for relegation and helped saved them from it. Plus, he considers himself a Liverpool player first and foremost. But fuck him, right?

I think people who want a different striker than Borini next season, would hope that player isn't Soldado or Voronin.  

Maybe they just think we can aim higher than Borini?  

Not saying I feel that way, I'm on the fence when it comes to Borini.  I like a lot of his game - his movement, energy, character.  I think he can improve his first touch and holding up of the ball.  He's certainly worth keeping though.

• Upvote 1

Aspas instead of Borini.

crime of the century

Probably more to do with the fact that BR rates borini higher, and knew he needed more game time to develop, bearing in mind that the objective this season was champions league qualification, and not a title challenge, he's sent boring out to get prem experience, ready for next season when he knew he needed him.

Picture this, were away against juve, we play sturridge and Suarez up top, and have a weekend league match against Villa away, we don't then need to be playing SAS again, and can rotate.

As pas clearly has proved nothing in his time year, he was a £6m gamble, BR rolled the dice, and he didn't win. We go again

• Upvote 1

I think hes gonna be a top player for us given chance. Ive mentioned his off ball Movement hundreds of times its Berbatov esque in that department, Hes a small Berb imo something weve needed for a while.

Berbatov has an excellent first touch though.

I think his first season was all too much for him.

The step from Italy, a more tactical, slower game, to the speed and physicality of the Premier League has found many a better player out. Think the loan will do him the world of good. If see what he can do over the course of next season. Then jib him if he's not doing it. He's got the attributes. Movement, technique, composure. Just lacked the balls.

Plus, he's an option both centrally and out wide. Worth having him as a squad player.

I've been waitin' for a Vorromania shout for ages!

Aspas might be total shite (likely). however, I don't think he's had any real sort of opportunity to get in any kind of groove or comfort zone. Are we looking to straight bin him or will he be loaned out?

Borini certainly deserves a shot here next year. As amazing as SAS have been, you've seen the steam come right out of them the past month. 

Put him alongside either Luis or Sturr, in front of Cout, Ster and Hendo, and watch the goals come.

Sunderland don't have our midfield.

We simply can't have Suarez and Sturridge playing every frigging game next season.  Fact.

No top striker will come here and bench warm - they'll want equal opportunity. Hell, even Borini may say "fuck off" I want to play every week.

What separates Suarez from most people is his desire to keep trying. Borini, for me, is similar in terms of character.

Whenever I have seen him play, hes shown plenty of heart, always running, willing to track back and is the kind of player that would run through brick walls which is what BR wants. We should keep him and let go of gutless ppl like Moses.